Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora Flower and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

French Beach Sky


Today's sky is for Sky Watch where there are lots of photos from everywhere.  These photos are from French beach.  Last week we went on a drive to Sombrio beach and French beach. We had a great day with the surfers on Sombrio.  It was amazingly warm and sunny. There were huge waves and everyone was enjoying themselves.  I will put in the  photos later of that beach day.  We spent the whole day on the beach and had so much fun and then at the end of the day we were driving home exhausted and thought we had finished our day and this is the gift nature bestowed upon us as we arrived at French beach. I ran down the walkway as dusk was soon to settle upon us and snapped a few hundred shots. It was one of my best photo days ever. Hope you enjoy the shots and Happy New Years.

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous skies, beautiful colors and awesome captures! I love the light across the water! Hope you have a very Happy New Year!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous sunset is the perfect way to end a day at the beach. These are spectacular.

    Hope to see you at the Cyber Masquerade Ball.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the color in the sky is reflected in the water!
    Best wishes for the New Year!
    Lea
    Mississippi, USA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - what magical shots! You live in paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely that you had such a fulfilling day. A marvellous feeling to drive home exhausted after a perfect day at the beach! What a way to end a Yearr, hope the next is even better.

    A grand subset, I can just about hear those waves lapping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year.
    What a great day and way to see out a year, the lighting and colours are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I especially like the last one, with the dark trees framing the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these shots. I think the last one is my favorite, but all good. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spectacular pictures. I especially like the last one. Happy New YEar.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely tones and contrasts in these beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  11. following ur lovely blog...love all the photos here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for your comments.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE THE WORLD OF BLOGGING HAS CHANGED AND THERE ARE TOO MANY SPAMMERS OUT THERE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS