Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Merry Christmas To All


I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. I have been taking a little break for the holidays.   This is for the sky watchers at
Sky Watch. There are lots of pictures of the world's sky there.

My picture today is from south of Campbell River, B.C. where we stayed in the summer.  I took this right outside our little trailer as the sun set on the first night there.  Campbell River is on the east coast of Vancouver Island at the south end of Discovery Passage which is named after George Vancouver's ship the HMS Discovery as he arrived here in 1792.

The Coast Salish and Island Comox First Nations peoples lived here until sometime in the 18th Century the natives of the Fort Rupert area migrated south and enslaved the local tribes.  They became the raiders of the Coast Salish people in the south.

Dr. Samuel Campbell was the ship surgeon on the HMS Plumber when they mapped the area around 1859 and his name seems to have been given to the river.

I hope to return soon with some pictures of the Christmas lights in the area. Hello to some of my old readers who have returned to see me.  It is wonderful to hear from so many of you.


 

27 comments:

Arija said...

Could not find a box for the post below . . absolutely fantastic photos!!!!!

Love the serenity of today's SkyWatch phot.

Have a wonderful Christmas!!!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed hearing where you took the photo and the way that you set the scene. I am looking forward to seeing the lights of Victoria. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Studio Cat.

Frostbite and Sunburn said...

Serenity personified. Beautiful picture. Happy Christmas to you too.

EG Wow said...

It's a lovely sky over such a pretty area. The reflection is wonderful!

ewok1993 said...

what a scenic spot. happy christmas.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Such lovely, delicate pastels in the sky--perfect for calming the soul.

Merry Christmas!

From The Heart said...

beautiful, beautiful scene! And thank you for the nice comment on my blog. Merry Christmas!

From The Heart said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
HansHB said...

A nice sky! I love the colours!
I wish you a Merry Christmas!

NixBlog said...

Thank you for visiting my blog and for your thoughtful comment there.
This is a delightful photograph of a very beautiful part of the world.
May you have a Happy Christmas and wonderful New Year!

J Bar said...

Beautiful shot. Have a great Christmas.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Sylvia K said...

What an awesome, breathtaking capture! Exquisite skies and so peaceful! Your composition is superb! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a beautiful holiday season!! Thank you, as always, for your visit/comment! Always appreciated!

Sylvia

toby said...

That is absolutely breathtaking - wow!
Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Pearl Maple said...

Simply beautiful, the colours and lighting is superb. Thank you for sharing your photos with us this year and happy Christmas to you.

ladyfi said...

Wow - gorgeous shot!

Gerald (Hyde DP) said...

love the reflection o the clouds

beagleAnnie said...

So amazing! I've just found your blog through SKY WATCH.

LifeRamblings said...

such a beautiful sunset. love the tones of colours in the sky and water. Happy Holidays! hope you enjoy your Christmas.

Lynne said...

Beautiful card. Merry Christmas! Happy Skywatching!

Carver said...

That's a gorgeous shot! Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Lin at Sandpiper's Place said...

Good morning! It's so nice to hear from you again. This is such a beautiful photo. I also looked at your last post. What a fabulous place. The scenery is gorgeous! I've learned from all of your photos just how picturesque BC is and there are so many interesting places to see. It's on my bucket list to visit someday. I hope you are well. Have a wonderful Christmas and very Happy New Year!

NatureFootstep said...

wow, that is a great shot. Almsot perfect I must say.

Happy hollidays!

Sandy Carlson said...

Thank you for the beautiful Christmas greeting, my friend. God bless.

Island Rambles Blog said...

Thanks so much for the wonderful comments on my return to blogging...I appreciate them so much....Merry Christmas!!!!
do not be alarmed...as you can see one comment very harshly says by blogger police that it was removed by me....I just was in a hurry and put two comments in exactly the same....duh...I wish they would change the nasty wording by blogger for that and say something like hey I goofed here and removed something.

Susannah (Wanderin' Weeta) said...

Beautiful colouring. I love Campbell River; we have vacationed there two summers. So peaceful!

Stewart M said...

Hi there - great picture. I like the range of colours in the sky.

Cheers and have a good 2012.

Stewart M - Australia

Island Rambles Blog said...

thanks so much for all the comments ....really made my day! I am overwhelmed by the kindness of bloggers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS