Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Timmy the Star

Today it is Camera Critters...check out the wonderful shots of everyones pets.  This is Timmy the terrible who has come to visit me for a while.  This is her dreamy look just before she attacks you.  She has many looks and moods just like a movie star.  Her favorite is to roll on her belly and look really cuddly and cute and just as you reach down to pat her belly she transforms into a wild cat and it is all claws and teeth and rolling about.
Sometimes she likes to look way way up for birds or anything that resembles a bird....even a fly.  She believes she is fierce and will jump into action when there is anything that moves through her air space.  And she is an expert at making involuntary chin wagging squeaks and squeals when she sees a bird out the window.

Here she keeps one eye open just to be sure that her siesta does not make her miss some food.  She is just barely tolerating whatever it is I am doing to try to get this shot.... probably standing on my head. I am disturbing her royal highness.
Then I changed my white balance from shade which gives you such warm colors to sunlight and the colors become cool. I prefer to keep my white balance on shade or cloudy almost all the time unless it distorts the colors way too much as Canon has such cold auto settings.  Here we  have the ears back and very annoyed look and about to attack.   She can't believe I am still taking pictures of her.
Timmy says look at the strange toys she gives me ....can I eat it?  She will try to eat anything and everything.  She ate a needle once and lived to tell about it.  She is called Timmy because they did not know she was a girl and they liked South Park Timmy.

Ahhhhh....a nice nap after a long hard day of playing and eating.   That is a day in the life of Timmy the terrible.  Is she a star or not?  What do you think?  (This is a slight deviation in my normal mode of blogging as Timmy was way too adorable not to share with you!)

17 comments:

Poetic Shutterbug said...

So cute. What adorable expressions you've captured. She is just precious :)

Linda said...

I love the different poses of the cat...and I can just bet she has earned the "terrible" appellation! But, I am curious, why Timmy if she is a girl? You have done a great job of capturing all the moods of the creature! Have a great day.

SquirrelQueen said...

Timmy is a very beautiful girl. I love her dreamy look. Your comment about disturbing her royal highness, isn't that true of most of our feline friends? Great post!

Tammy said...

What a beautiful cat! I am a very big cat lover!

Crafty Gardener said...

Timmy is adorable. I've got squirrel photos for Camera Critters this week. Hope you can stop by.

Gary said...

Had to stop here as Timmy is a bit of a star!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

☆Mama Ko☆ said...

You have a lovely pet her. and it sure do great job posing for you too

eileeninmd said...

Wow, very pretty eyes, wonderful photos Of Timmy!

Pat said...

Timmy is gorgeous!

chubskulit said...

Beautiful captures of the lovely critters..

Love is in the air with Champ and Ruby, come and see.

Ruth B. said...

What lovely and sweet cat. A good series.

Susan said...

What a beautiful cat. I know that kind of cat personality. Got one just like that! Great photos!

KB said...

Beautiful.

My CC pic is up too.

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

All so cute!

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

She is adorable.
Lovely photos.

Regards and best wishes

Anonymous said...

I loved loved loved this blog. What a fun bunch of pictures. I found your comment on white balance useful.
Thanks for the fun with Timmy! Studio Cat

Island Rambles Blog said...

thanks so much for all your comments on Timmy...I am sure she is very proud of herself!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS