Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Dougan Lake Sunset








This post is for Sky Watch Friday and Weekend Reflections.  Also try out these wonderful memes.. Scenic Sunday, Simple as That Sunday and Straight Out of the Camera Sunday.   That gets me through the weekend!   Thanks to the bloggers who host these fun memes.  Please join up with them for some more great shots.

I don't have much more to write about Dougan lake or Dougans Lake other than it is beautiful.  (I did another post on it here).  So I will describe how I took these pictures.  We were driving home from a day at Cowichan Lake and it was late. I could see this sunset taking shape all along the drive.  I wanted so much to capture it at Dougans so when hubby stopped the car I ran out fast, took lots of shots and ...realized later I still had the camera hoodie on and on incorrectly so it was showing.....I kept snapping away and moving closer to the water not aware of where I was putting my feet.  So some of the photos were taken with my feet right in the water over my boots! What we do for a shot.   Happy Weekend everyone.
(yes people walked into my shots and yes straight out of camera!)





30 comments:

  1. All are really well done. The colour bands are stunning. Boom & gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there,
    I like your skies, and your water as well. The background image is startling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful, peaceful way to end a day! Your captures are superb and such a lovely place! Thanks for sharing the beauty! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful scenes.

    Regards and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous scene, I love it. the sky and reflection are so colorful and pretty. Thanks for sharing, happy skywatching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all stunning photos! I love the various pastel "Easter egg" colors in the sky and in the reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the pinks and purples...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!Beautiful sunset and reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, doesn't even begin to describe these scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The one with the boat in the frame is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - so amazingly serene and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marvelous captures! I'm following you through Google Friend connect...

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful photos! The colors are so lovely; I especially like the shots with the boat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - these shots are pure magic! So glad you got your feet wet so we could enjoy these spectacular skies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice pictures!
    Fantastic sunset!
    Many greetings
    Yvonne & Raphael

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such beautiful sunset pics! Especially the one with the row boat in front is very painterly!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful photos! I loved the effect that the boat gave in the foreground!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful sunset photos

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful sunset sky...I love the first shot, lovely composition.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very nice colors, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely spectacular scenes...seems a very long way from home ( San Francisco ), especially after my four month sojourn ( wonderful ) in India is drawing to a close.

    My Scenic Sunday is at:
    http://rnsane.blogspot.in/2012/03/scenic-sunday-mysore-palace-mysore.html#links

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello =) I found your blog, during a visit to a friend's blog, and i decicded to come here to vistit you, i like what i saw, always good photos with very wise and kind words =) i will come back soon!

    Perfect sunset, look at this fantastic colors :O Georgeous

    Hugs from Portugal =)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your photos are all truly Amazing! Each one is awesome. You sure can not tell that they were taken in a rush.
    Awesome Job!!
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such beautiful photos! Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Always a wonderful sight! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  27. wow these are stunning landscapes!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you all for coming to my sunset party. Wow! So Many! I think it is amongst the most that have come to see me and write me a letter at this site since the older days, long ago when I was a blogger on another site when blogging started.

    All things change, even blogging changes now as there is new social media sites to compete.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Please do not link in a comment, I have to then delete as there is too much spam going on.
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE THE WORLD OF BLOGGING HAS CHANGED AND THERE ARE TOO MANY SPAMMERS OUT THERE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS