Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Genoa Bay Low Tide













Lets step back in time now.  That is what it is like to go to Genoa Bay.  This post is for Sky Watch Friday, Weekend Reflections, Scenic Sunday, Weekly Top Shots, Best Post of the Week, and Simple as That Sunday. Check out Fabulous Friday and all these wonderful memes to see shots from around the world.  Most meme hosts try to screen the blogs listed so it is a safe way for my readers to see nature around the world. That is why I only go to meme sites, they are prescreened a bit and mostly on nature and usually not many ads or promotions. These shots were Straight Out of the Camera some using a wide angle lens.

Genoa Bay is on the north side of Cowichan Bay on southern Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada.  It is at the south end of Sansum Narrows. We went there just a few days ago and it turned out to be a really warm sunny day.  The drive there is on a scenic long, winding country road so when you finally pop out at the bay you feel like you are in an isolated and remote place.  It is so quiet and the water is so sheltered and calm.  There are a few quaint picturesque float homes decorated with funky art stuff and some wonderful sculptures.   Really good mariner facilities also at the marina and a nice little cafe.  We had a picnic at a sunny spot there overlooking the bay and I took zillions of pictures.  It was low tide and I love low tide but when you combine low tide with good light and flat calm reflections that is the trifecta.  Have a great and sunny weekend all.

Thank you to the bloggers who host the above memes and who visit all the blogs, comment to them and check them out and pay for the linky.  It is a lot of work for them and takes a lot of time.  Without the memes there would be very little contact between bloggers especially those of us who blog without ads and are just here to blog about nature. Also when the linky does not work they get it fixed!  Bloggers go nuts when the linky does not work.






31 comments:

Crafty Gardener said...

awesome reflections

Tiago Braga said...

Fantastic photos, great reflections!

heyBJK said...

Wow, what stunning photos! The colors, reflections, and content are fantastic! Excellent photography!

msdewberry said...

These shots are awesome! It sure shows that every once in a while we can have a sunny nice day. We get too much rain I think!! Love the reflections, those waters are smooth as glass. Colours are wonderful!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Your photos are awesome. I love the reflections in the first one.

Jim said...

Beautiful shots.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

ladyfi said...

Wow wow wow! Breath-taking.

HansHB said...

Great SkyWatch post. I love the reflections in the sea!
Happy SkyWatch to you!

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful scenery and the reflections are awesome. So colorful and a pretty sky. Great photos, happy skywatching!

Gary said...

Beautiful with all the great colours!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Sylvia K said...

I do love the watery reflections and such beautiful skies!! Great looking boats and really awesome captures for the day! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Dianne said...

You live in a magical corner of the world and have captured it beautifully for us ... Thank you.

Dianne said...

wow!
still waters and incredible colors

lotusleaf said...

Your images are picture perfect!

chubskulit said...

So beautiful!

Visiting late from Sky Watch , hope you could still visit my Sky Shot.

Mary Howell Cromer said...

Beautiful skies, reflections, harbor scenes, a great series!

- Yvonaut -
Das sind Raphael und Yvonne
said...

Very nice series!
Beautiful reflections!
Have a nice weekend
Yvonne & Raphael

Liza said...

Beautiful photos. Visiting late for Skywatch Friday.

My Sky.

Rambling Woods said...

So quaint and lovely..Michelle

edenhills said...

Beautiful! The water is so clear. I love those reflections.

Lighthousegal said...

WOW!! Your photos are absolutely Beautiful. The sky is so blue and the reflection on the clear blue water is amazing! What a beautiful place Genoa Bay must be.
Happy Sunday!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Incredibly crisp and clear. I feel like taking in a deep breath of fresh air when I look at these photos!

Linda said...

A few thoughts - your photos were absolutely gorgeous! The still water and reflections make me want to go there...now! And, you have now listed other memes I didn't know existed, which I will have to check out, and find ways to participate in! I already started a 2nd blog because I couldn't figure out how to play along with every one I was interested in, and now I have to look at more. I have learned SO much through the blogging world - Thanks!

hamilton said...

These are postcard worthy shot. )if anyone still sends postcards!)

Judy Bigg said...

Your photos are fabulous, love every shot, the reflections, the boat, water. Thanks for sharing. I am trying to follow you. Every try Linky?

Studio Cat said...

I enjoyed this last blog of boats and docks and still water. Your blogs take me right there. Then I learn a lot by reading what you have written. You have shown so many lovely places that I did not know about. I applaud your talent. You give so many so much pleasure with your blog.
Your topics are ones that I also feel drawn to: boats, water, sky, flowers . . . STUDIO CAT

Madge Bloom said...

SO gorgeous... absolutely Pacific NW! Love it! Thank you for sharing on Weekly Top Shot...

Rose said...

Love the pictures. I found you on Weekly Top Shot. I'm now a new follower on GFC. I want to invite you to come visit my blog. I have a Photo challenge and I would love it if you came and entered. @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/2012/03/picture-is-worth-thousand-words-photo.html
I hope you come check it out.
PS I also host a weekly party. The Sunday Round Up you can come share anything you like. http://www.arosiesweethome.com/
Thanks
Rose

Tricia @ Bluff Area Daily said...

Incredible Awesome Stunning... all the above =)

Pat Tillett said...

Wow! These are such beautiful photos of an amazing looking place. I haven't been up there in about 30 years... Hope to be going again fairly soon!

Island Rambles Blog said...

thanks so much for all those wonderful words to wake up to and read in the morning and really feel that I am worthy!

What a kind group of people who take the time to click through all those darn clicks to get here and then type something sweet into the box....restores my faith in humanity it does.

The blogging world is really a small world. It is like life, everyone has a different journey on their blog. There are no borders or passports needed here just kindness and courtesy.
Same as life.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS