Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora Flower and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Immature Immense Birds


My idea for today is a collection of images using the letter "i". There are lots of images to use from my island so here we go. I participate in a meme called ABC Wednesday and we are at the letter "i".
First we will do some immature birds.
immature Eagle



immature Downy Woodpecker

Pileated Woodpecker immature
Immature geese and ducks
 


Immature Great Horned Owl

Immature Stilts
Identical
These birds seem identical to me, some peeps and Caspian Terns and Gulls.
Even sunflowers seem identical sometimes.
How about immense for this momma whale and her new baby that was just born. Captain Ron got this shot a few weeks ago and he got to see the new baby play with all the other whales.  Sadly I was not there!
Sea Lions are pretty immense and make it difficult for the lighthouse keeper to get up his stairs lately or get into his shed.  What to do.  It is a big problem.
Some horses are very immense.
 

Some trees at Cathedral Grove are really really immense.

I have some explaining to do ...I have not been able to be on the internet so I have not been visiting your sites...I am very sorry....I will appear soon.  I have been away and have not been able to enter the memes and I am too late for most of them now.  I am taking a little blog break but hope to be back to blogging soon.


Thank you to these memes for allowing bloggers to share their story.  I may not remember to enter them all but I still list them as this is the quick way for me to do it.   It is the letter "i" at ABC Wednesday.


ABC Wednesday
Nature Notes Wednesday
Outdoors Wednesday
Wild Bird Wednesday







edit note:  I sometimes have to republish after I see how many errors I made or links not working.  I list all the memes for the week now as I can only spend a short time on the computer as my eyes get tired. Such is life. To continue reading posts you must click older post below or see the index at the top or the side or pick a popular post or label from the sidebar.
 
 
 

Video Section - Islands
Video Section has videos of boating at Domville and Forest Island and also Comet Island, B.C.










22 comments:

  1. Your photos are superb and delightful as always! Thanks for sharing the beauty of your world!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A collection of fine photos. However long I watch birds I'm always surprised that the babies are very soon as big as their parents, then they hang around demanding to be fed much like human teenagers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The young geese and ducklings are so cute. However, I especially like those immense trees in Cathedral Grove.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting post, - lovely photos! This is great! Happy WBW to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post. I loved all the birds. Especially the cute owl. The tree is beautiful. I would love to see the whales. Great shots, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very many immense and interesting birds and critters you have shown today! Hope you are back blogging soon - you are missed when you are away! But, we will be right here when you do get back to your regular blogging! Your photos are wonderful - you have some great captures here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love those baby geese...and they mature so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never seen an immature eagle.....this was a great lesson in nature...I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love 'em all. But the soft, muted, golden down of the goslings just melt my heart...so adorable.

    Silent Silhouettes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of lovely shots here, but my fave has to be the baby Great Horned Owl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great series of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your immature creatures are pretty IMPRESSIVE
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great series!! Love that horned owl. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for these kind and happy comments, I am not able to get on the internet right now very much but will be back soon. Your comments are so important to me and are like a gift when I read them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How about ingenious! great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Excellent, excellent choices for today! I love the immature bird shots! Nicely done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a great collection of wildlife photos :) Loved every one of them! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very intelligently done. Love the captures.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Nora, you forgot the most important 'I', Island Rambles. (:))
    Great images though.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful photos of immature critters.

    Enjoy your blog break...and be back soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow..what a post.. so many youngsters and great videos.. Lovely as I took some time to sit and enjoy.. thank you...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great post! The immature birds are just precious...and the momma & baby whale...just wow!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE THE WORLD OF BLOGGING HAS CHANGED AND THERE ARE TOO MANY SPAMMERS OUT THERE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS