Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Still Travelling Vancouver Island, B.C.




Hello again.  I am still travelling and posting from the laptop.  I feel terrible that I have not been able to comment on each of your blogs but I promise I will be home soon and will visit each of you.  I truly appreciate that you have stuck with me and are still following me. I am so happy to read your comments.  Thanks so much to my readers, my followers and blogging friends.
Kite surfer at Incinerator Rock, Long Beach area.

As I post to you now I am sitting in our trailer next to the ocean at sunset at a wonderful rv site that I will post about in a later blog because I really really like it!! It is the Salmon Point RV Resort and Marina just out of Campbell River. I have not uploaded the photos of it yet. Will do so later. It is an amazing place to go to and I will blog more on it when I get home.




Kennedy Lake on the way to Long Beach area.


I am just going to randomly post a lot of pictures today for the ABC meme and all the others.  We are at the letter "K" today.  These are some shots from our recent travels and a mix of oldies.  I forgot most of my files at home and all the videos are at home.  Here are some of the "K" photos that I could find.  Hope you like them.

Killdeer for the birding memes this week.  Sorry I am so late.






We had another great encounter with a bear today...can't wait to show you that video!! We were crossing a bridge and did not know the rather large bear was just below us until he made a lot of loud bear noises.  Yikes!!! More Killdeer photos below.




 
 
 
Various killer whales.


(ooops this is a humpy, humpback whale above playing with some sea lions)
This is the plaque they made for Luna the whale, it is at Muchalat.  It is really an interesting story but sad ending for Luna.
These are the whales at Quadra Island.

Below is the Koksilah River.



This is the Uchuck at Muchalat.
Below is my favorite picture of Muchalat.  This is the end of this blog and I have to watch the sunset from the beach now.

 Thank you to these memes for allowing bloggers to share their story.  I may not remember to enter them all but I still list them as this is the quick way for me to do it.   Cheers to you all and hope you have a happy week.

The Bird D'pot
Our World Tuesday
Sweet Shot Tuesday
Tuesday Tweets
ABC Wednesday
Nature Notes Wednesday
Outdoors Wednesday
Wild Bird Wednesday







edit note:  I sometimes have to republish after I see how many errors I made or links not working.  I list all the memes for the week now as I can only spend a short time on the computer as my eyes get tired. Such is life. To continue reading posts you must click older post below or see the index at the top or the side or pick a popular post or label from the sidebar.










16 comments:

Sylvia K said...

What a fantastic trip you seem to be having!! I love your captures, thank you for sharing them with us!! I look forward to seeing/reading more!

Carole M. said...

such a variety of nature's bounty; I loved each photograph and can't wait to see the bear video!

Indrani said...

Very thrilling!
Have fun and stay safe!

Roger Owen Green said...

That is a LOVELY lake, in particular.
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Neil said...

What a beautiful place to be great series of photos.

Linda said...

Even if you don't have time to comment, I have been enjoying all your photos from your trip! The story of the whale, the photos...and I feel so sorry that you had to stop to go watch the sunset...poor thing! What a lovely trip you are having - looking forward to many more photos and tales!

Stewart M said...

Great! I was jealous about the bear and then I got to the Orcas! I suppose you may feel the same way about wombats and kangaroos - but I want to see some really BIG animals!

The Killdeer is also a bird I have never seen!

Keep posting!

Stewart M - Australia

chubskulit said...

Absolutely delightful captures! I love the capture of the whales!


Kanawha River
Rose, ABC Wednesday Team.

Gary said...

Beautiful post!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Rian said...

Your pictures and videos are fantastic! I especially like the Koksilah (sp?) river ones today.

bailey-road.com said...

Love the Killdeer shots!

Anni said...

Wow....just wow!! Would I ever love to see a killer whale in real time [not in a zoo or theme park]!!! And your bird photos are super. They're so gregarious...and fun to watch.

Rambling Woods said...

Oh my..what a wonderful series of photos..really some of Mother Nature's best.. Hope you are having a wonderful time..it sounds like you are...Michelle from Nature Notes..

Island Rambles Blog said...

thanks for your comments...I was away and not able to reply to most of my blog friends...I appreciate that you stuck with me and came to see my blog when I was away.

Dhow Cruise Dubai said...

Dhow cruise Dubai wow what a lovely place.

Hernán Tolosa said...

Wonderful place where you live, the fauna and landscaps pictures are really great, I enjoy all of them.
Greetings from Argentina
Hernán

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS