Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text

Thursday, October 04, 2012

Weekend Sky Travels


Just a few shots from our recent travels.  Here is the beach at Parksville, B.C. at sunset.  We camp on this beach at a RV site.  We usually arrive at sunset and walk on this beach which is right in front of our trailer. All my pictures are on Vancouver Island, B.C.
The memes this weekend involve skies and reflections so I tried to search through my files for some recent ones. All these pictures were taken in the last few weeks while I was away and could not get to your blogs.



Below are some pictures of our RV camp just outside of Campbell River.
This camp is on a river estuary and also on the ocean so we walk up to see the boats come in at sunset.  It is on the Oyster River and the river was full of pink salmon going up to spawn. We like to park the trailer on the river and walk on the estuary at sunset.


We stayed here for a few days while we were travelling around the mid island and Campbell River area. 
We have had incredible weather ....lovely and warm and no rain for a long period of time here...it is still very warm even today and we may be heading out again to camp out as it is so nice.
 This is the marina at the RV site below.
These pictures below are of Ucluelet, B.C. taken from the RV site we stayed at there.  This is taken right from the steps of the trailer. It was really low tide then and was very pretty later when all the lights came on.
We stayed here while we went to Long Beach during the daytime.  It is a very small, pretty coastal town.
The picture above is from the same RV site at Ucluelet. Below are some fish pictures taken at the Robertson Creek Hatchery.  This is a wonderful hatchery, with very friendly, helpful staff.  I have found that I really like to go to hatcheries and I really like the fish there.  I will blog more about it in a later post.  I also found that I really really like bears!
I wish I could see bears every day but sadly not many bears where I live so I like to go to the hatcheries. They have bears at the hatcheries sometimes. I am addicted to bears now. I will upload my bear shots and video soon. We got way too close to a big bear.

There is an exit sign reflecting with the fish in the viewing tanks for Weekend Reflections.
 
I hope you enjoyed the pictures I shared with you today.  Please leave me a comment and then I can see your blog too.
 
Please click on the pictures to see them in the lightbox.


I may not enter all these memes but this is the only way I can still join and not spend too much time on the computer for my eyes. Thanks so much to the meme hosts who put on each of the following amazing memes for bloggers to join in and share their work.

The memes for this weekend are:
Sky Watch Friday
Fabulous Friday
Weekend Reflections
Best Post of the Week
Scenic Sunday
Straight Out of the Camera
Weekly Top Shot

 


edit note:  I sometimes have to republish after I see how many errors I made or links not working.  I list all the memes for the week now as I can only spend a short time on the computer as my eyes get tired. Such is life. To continue reading posts you must click older post below or see the index at the top or the side or pick a popular post or label from the sidebar.

20 comments:

Sylvia K said...

What breathtaking skies, gorgeous colors and superb captures!! Always wonderful to see your posts for all the memes!! Thank you for sharing the beauty!! Hope you have a great weekend!

Sylvia

Photo Cache said...

this post is like a buffet to the senses. thanks.

Liza said...

Wonderful photos! Happy sky watching.

Skywatch

ladyfi said...

Wow - the light in these shots is magical and your pictures just breath-taking!

skywatch-3 said...

Wow, what a sky - lovely pictures. Those clouds... Wish we had that here - only gray skys for us..

Luna Miranda said...

these are amazing shots! the clouds are absolutely beautiful. and the pastel sky and driftwood photo is gorgeous!

Phil said...

Wonderful sky and land shots. Looks like you had some wonderful weather for your photography.

Linda said...

These are simply gorgeous shots! Any one of them would have been a feast, but you have graciously provided us with a wonderful collection - makes me want to go there!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

What a bunch of great shots. Very interesting and beautiful.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

These are all gorgeous.You have a great talent to capture nature at it's best.

Audrey said...

MAGNIFIQUE !

Kerri said...

Outstanding!

Powell River Books said...

Looks like you've had a nice island tour. The sun and warm weather last month and this has been quite a gift. All the benefits, but none of the crowds. - Margy

'Tsuki said...

Such a gorgeous sky ! I really liked the pictures you took at the hatchery, too...

Nice sharing indeed !

Linda Makiej said...

Terrific work here.... just great!!

christinasweden said...

Great sight, I love the colors and clouds. To walk as on the first one must be fantastic!

Jan said...

Wonderful photos. I love the first one. I remember camping in BC when I was about 7. I'm from Long Beach, CA, originally, so we were far from home.

bailey-road.com said...

You have the most amazing vacation shots! These are gorgeous. I want to see the bears!

Jennifer said...

WOW! These are absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for linking up. :)

Madge Bloom said...

Thank you SO much for sharing on Weekly Top Shot #51… I’m sorry that I am very late coming by to visit your entry. But I have been fighting being sick all week, trying to fend off a virus and haven’t been doing much besides working and sleeping.. I do hope you’ll forgive me and come by tomorrow to share on Weekly Top Shot’s 1st Anniversary!

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS