Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Welcome to my blog world. This is a photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Reflections of Year Past



Happy New Years!
Today I will just post some reflections and skies of the year 2012 as we soon will be at the time of our New Years. I hope everyone had an enjoyable Christmas.

I only got half way through my files and there were too many photos so I will do another blog on it some time later. These look like summer but were taken in March, 2012 and it was a really warm day too. We had a picnic overlooking the docks.On the main page you have to click "read more" to continue on... Please continue reading to see more pictures.....

Some of these are repeats and some are new.  These shots above were taken at Genoa Bay, B.C.  All photos are from my files for this year and all taken on Vancouver Island.
 These photos were taken at Cowichan Bay in January, 2012.


This photo below was taken at Weirs Beach in February, 2012.
Taken in February below at the Sidney dock and fish market.
 Below was taken at Island View Beach in Sidney in March 2012.

 Island View Beach picnic area in April, above.
Above is Moses Point near Sidney, B.C. in April.
 Ducks reflecting, probably at Kings Pond taken in February and March.



Stop light as we were driving to go out for dinner, February.
 Beaver Lake reflecting trees, February.
Surfers at Jordan River, February.
Well that is as far as I got in my review of the year!!  Will have to continue it in another post later on. Hope you all have a great New Years! Looking forward to seeing your blogs in 2013. I also want to add how much I enjoy other bloggers and reading their blogs.  It seems that we can all travel the world just through reading each others blogs. But more than that, I also feel that there is a friendly relationship between bloggers around the world.
Blogging is a type of ongoing reality show that connects us as the world changes around us.

It is difficult to put into words what blogging means to me, I wonder if any of my commentors can put into words what blogging means to them, I would love to know so add it to my comments.
-------------------------------------------
I may not enter all these memes but this is the only way I can still join and not spend too much time on the computer for my eyes. Thanks so much to the meme hosts who put on each of the following amazing memes for bloggers to join in and share their work.

I want to list all these great memes for this part of the week so others can join them and I can pick a few to link up to. Click on any of them to see more wonderful photo themes.

Rural Thursday
This or That Thursday
Sky Watch Friday
Camera Critters
Weekend Reflections
Best Post of the Week
Weekly Top Shot
Simple As That
Show off Your Shot
Your Sunday Best
Miscellaneous Monday
Blue Monday



 


edit note:  I sometimes have to republish after I see how many errors I made or links not working.  I list all the memes for the week now as I can only spend a short time on the computer as my eyes get tired. Such is life. To continue reading posts you must click older post below or see the index at the top or the side or pick a popular post or label from the sidebar.

57 comments:

  1. Beautiful skies and puffy clouds! The very best!! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wishing you a very Happy New Year filled with all the good things!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sylvia, hope the new year is filled with wonderful surprises for you and hope you continue to entertain us with your blog, humour, new headers and quotes.

      Delete
  2. WOW!!! I love all these pictures. That blue sky is gorgeous and seeing those ducks I long for spring their arrival here again. When I interact with bloggers,it's like sitting with my friends and sharing nature with them. I would feel very alone,were it not for my blog friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I love your new lenses that you got and I agree it is like sitting down with a group of nature lovers here. I can always check in and see who is on and what they are thinking about. Even with a considerable time difference between all of us, Australia, England, Europe and the East Coast of North America, etc. it still seems to work out that while we sleep other bloggers are updating their blogs and visiting around.

      Delete
  3. what a beautiful year you've shared!!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura, happy New Years.

      Delete
  4. So many beaut shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jim, you are up late tonight doing your blog, you are around ten hours ahead of me...so you are always a day ahead there.. have a happy New Years!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous!

    My Sky Shots
    Have a peaceful and prosperous new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rose and happy New Year.

      Delete
  6. You sure captured a lot of beauty in 2012! I hope you continue to enjoy all the beautiful sights in 2013, and of course, share them with us! Wishing you a happy, healthy, and prosperous New year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy,I will also be looking forward to seeing more of your birds in Florida. I hope you and your family are enjoying a holiday time. All the best in 2013.

      Delete
  7. What a great collection from 2012! Wish you a great 2013 too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Indrani, you are up early in India. I will pop over to see what is going on over there, have you got new pictures for us to play with. cheers.

      Delete
  8. Another fabulous set of shots - the reflections are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to ladyfi in Sweden, her golden Oscar always makes her pictures perfect. The sky always paints a picture for her.

      Delete
  9. I just love seeing your wide open spaces and blue skies. Here's hoping for some blue sky over here soon. Best wishes for 2013 from Old England.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phil in England has one of the most popular bird blogs. Hope the weather improves for you Phil.

      Delete
  10. Beautiful skies and images! A great collection and review of 2012. I wish you all the best in 2013, Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. Your contrails X is amazing. cheers.

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous serie of photos!
    Perfect for the theme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to Hans from Norway. He has great reflections today.

      Delete
  12. Wonderful photos of a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much James....James is the host of Weekend Reflections and he has another website also. He has really really good photo reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very happy to see your blog and I am going to add it to my reading list. Vancouver Island is my most favorite place ever and I spent 2 weeks there this summer. Best time ever but I sure wish I'd seen those ducks! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MTWaggin, I like your blog on Montana. I can tell you where the ducks are.

      Delete
  15. This place is magnificent , thanks for sharing so much with us... I'm very fond of the firts pix of this serie, specially the one this the line of blue house, and the gigantic tikki... Nice !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Tsuki, nice reflections on your blog.

      Delete
  16. Nice year-end wrap up. You are right, how I feel about blogging is hard to put into words. For me it is a love/hate relationship. I love sharing stories about things that are important to me (and hopefully my readers). I hate it when I don't have enough content and photos to go around. That is the frustrating part. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margy, how are things in Powell River. Yes I also have trouble with no text, but usually too many photos and can't think of anything worthwhile to talk about. cheers.

      Delete
  17. Outstanding post. You had a great year of photographs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yogi, happy New Year and thanks for follow.

      Delete
  18. so many gret reflection shots. My favourites is the wood ducks. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Footsteps, I like the wood ducks also. I was checking out your albums and you have taken the most photos of anyone I know and they are all good ones. Nature Footstep is in Sweden.

      Delete
  19. Wow, what gorgeous views... I love those soft blue boat houses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you feel better Madge. Happy New Year.

      Delete
  20. Magnificent photography ~ lovely idea ~ Feel better soon ^_^

    (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol, great idea with the backlit window on your blog today.

      Delete
  21. Nice photos-all, but I really love the reflection shots of the ducks...those are unusual colors to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goody, she has horses and a wonderful place full of creative photos!! check her site out.

      Delete
  22. Beautiful shots of a beautiful place. The tourist bureau should be using your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You look like you always have such beautiful weather. Thanks for sharing such gorgeous photos.
    Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. These natural wonders are a feast even for tired eyes that spend too much time in front of computers. Your captures are inspiring reminders to get off the chair and spend more time outdoors with or without camera in hand. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny, nice to see those trees at your place.

      Delete
  25. Love those beautiful birds and how you capture light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ally. Interesting insect on your porch.

      Delete
  26. Beautiful shots in this collection. I love those ducks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! Bailey has a great watercolor of a rose on her spot today. thanks.

      Delete
  27. Love that native totem pole... very NW isn't? Thank you for sharing on Weekly Top Shot #63!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madge, your photos are divine.

      Delete
  28. I know I had read this post...did I not comment? Hmmm...I especially love the photos of the wood ducks..I miss having them on the pond.. Thank you for all the supportive comments and I do hope that 2012 will be a good year...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle, I have not accidently deleted any comments lately like I used to do, I did the same thing over at your site. I checked in to read your blog from my dashboard link and did not comment, I think I should say I am silent somedays or leave a silent comment and you would get it. Anyway Happy New Years and hugs to you.

      Delete
  29. Such beautiful photos, I loved the ducks!!

    Visiting via Camera Critters :-)

    bonkersinbarnhart.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOW to your beautiful collection of photos! Lucky you to be surrounded by such a wonderful nature!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Click for Index

COPYRIGHT