Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Welcome to my blog world. This is a photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text

Friday, January 18, 2013

Little Reading Break





I am taking some time off from my blog and will not be posting as much.  I am taking my yearly "reading break" where I read each of the blogs I follow and search for new blogs to follow. 
 
 

 I am very attached to each of your blog life stories and each blog pops up on my dash for me to read. I feel like each blog holds a friend in some strange way.  I have been reading some blogs for many years, even before I started blogging.


  I may not be commenting as much but will be visiting silently still.  I want to change the direction of this blog and want to try out new media so it is a time of reflection, redirection and inspiration for me. I still will be posting now and then.


These photos were taken a few weeks ago when we had so many pelicans here in the inner harbour.  The reflection shots of the houseboats were taken at Fisherman's wharf where I also took the pelican shots as well. You can see the little fishes he has in his pouch below.


I may not enter all these memes but this is the only way I can still join in. Thanks so much to the meme hosts who put on each of the following amazing memes for bloggers to join in and share their work.


I want to list all these memes for this part of the week so others can join them and I can pick a few to link up to.
I hope you all  have a great weekend and keep coming back to see what changes I will be making here on the blog. 

This or That Thursday
Sky Watch Friday
Camera Critters
Weekend Reflections
Best Post of the Week
Weekly Top Shot
Simple As That
Show off Your Shot
Your Sunday Best
Mellow Yellow
Miscellaneous Monday
Blue Monday




 


edit note:   I list all the memes for the week now as I can only spend a short time on the computer.  To continue reading posts you must click older post below or see the index at the top or the side or pick a popular post or label from the sidebar.

41 comments:

  1. I'll look forward to your return!! Terrific captures for the day, great reflections! Enjoy your time off!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sylvia for your continued support.

      Delete
  2. Lovely reflections! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Hans. All your photos are so much better than this.

      Delete
  3. This town floatting is so cool ! Nice shots on the pelican too !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nora, love the photos! I have to tell you that your photos and your blog helped me make my decision recently to go on an Alaskan cruise with a friend this Spring. The fact that the ship leaves from Vancouver, BC meant that I would get a chance to actually see this wonderful place.

    Enjoy your time off! We will be awaiting your return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is wonderful news Rian. The cruise season starts around May so you will have a wonderful time with good weather then. I am on an island not far from the city of Vancouver.

      Delete
  5. Superbe et quel appetit a ce pelican ! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Audrey. You have lovely icy blue photos today.

      Delete
  6. I love these shots. The Pelican ones show not only the bird but also the amazing patterns in the water. I do look forward to where you will take this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth. Your flower photos are welcome at this time of year.

      Delete
  7. These floating homes are really cool to see! That would be a very interesting way to live! Enjoy your break; I hope it is a refreshing and inspiring time for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really great shots on your blog today Tammy, the herons building a nest.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful shots! I love the reflections in the water and all the colourful houses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Gunilla has a great flower sequence on her blog today.

      Delete
  9. Oh Wow wow and more wow - these shots are spectacular! Enjoy your break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ladyfi, you have snow, lots and lots of snow.

      Delete
  10. Magical, colourful reflections! Your photos take us on a beautiful cruise of the harbour! It is always inspiring to stop and look around at your journey and then decide where you may like it to lead! I do this at holiday time! It always feels good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gemma, seems like you are in the middle of summer there.

      Delete
  11. Your shots are breathtaking! Thanks for sharing.
    Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And your shots in black and white are even more beautiful than in color, it is true then the black and white photo does show the soul of the subject, some First Nations believed that the camera would steal their soul. But then Pia I think your photos show your soul and it is lovely to see.

      Delete
  12. So beautiful. I love the water and the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah. I will visit you.

      Delete
  13. Such bautiful and bright colors! Almost as in summer ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Divine, lush paintings of sweet angels ....Mona is an artist with the camera.

      Delete
  14. Absolutely magnificent photography and so colorful and filled with life ~

    (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol, always enjoy your water scenes.

      Delete
  15. I love your blog and your photos and can't wait to see what inspiration brings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous photos! And looks like you live in an amazing place. Looks like a place I need to add to the "must visit" list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful shots! I love the colorful buildings!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE those colorful houseboats... I'm so glad you came by to share on Weekly Top Shot #66!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful pelican shots. I love the richness of color reflected in the sea. I hope you find much inspiration and new ideas for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. these are beautiful! i have many blogs that i started following since i started blogging and still visit them daily. then there are those that i followed but they stopped blogging for some reason. i keep their links in my sidebar still and often wonder what happened to them.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What amazing captures!!! I am enchanted by all that water. Being land locked, and in such a dry area, I yearn for water. It is mind blowing to me that things are so close to the water. I love the color an texture of your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful color combinations enhanced by the reflections! Sorry I haven't visited lately, flu is no fun!
    Hope you have a very relaxing reading time!

    -Wally in warm Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh My! Can I come stay on Vancouver Island with you? These is just stunning! I would love to live on a houseboat.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice captures of the pelican!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks so much for all these lovely comments. cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Click for Index

COPYRIGHT