Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Foggy Morning Universe



The morning of awareness......
It is a foggy morning in the universe of our minds, our souls, it is the beginning of the awakening......the changing......of being truly human. It is safe to change, to leave the old behind and begin again.  It is a journey we are all on together, we are on the mother ship, earth, always moving forward, seeking truth. Seeking knowledge.

 
 My thoughts are clouded in a foggy haze.....
I am experiencing this foggy view of life. Where is the I that is truly me, am I the ego personality that I have become so familiar with all these years, how do I really know where my thoughts come from?  Deep within there must be an inner being that is the source of my consciousness....I want to know you...come with me....as I journey through my changes. Show me who you really are inside.
Where is the true nature of reality,.... are we so blinded by materialism and consumerism that we cannot any longer see the real world. We have become so processed by life that we are a commodity ourselves.
 No longer able to know freedom of thought and choice.  Media feeds us a pablum of who we are supposed to be, think and feel.
 Time to reflect is not part of the process in the western world. 
 Thinking leads to meaning but does meaning need to lead to action always. It could lead to reflection, prayer, meditation and silence in the inner mind.
 The collective consciousness is just beyond the shore here, you can row out and reach it. We will all be happy there.
Perception is where you place your feet on this earth.  But your feet can wander to all corners of the earth, realizing it is a human experience of a shared perception and a perception not shared but acknowledged. Acceptance.

 Feathers are my gift to you.

With feathers you can fly. It is ok to fly sometimes, even though there are thorns there are also roses. (House Finch in thorns)
 We can all fly together.
 We are all family. 
 We are all unique.  (Foxy Fox Sparrow)

We are all so fragile, hurt so easily. Our lives are so short. We die so quickly before we know the answers to every universal question...Why are we here, where did we come from, what is the purpose of this life. So many questions, so little time.
Perhaps it is enough for today.  Thank you for allowing me to share my foggy thoughts with you.
 **********

Thank you to these memes for allowing bloggers to share their story.  I may not remember to enter them all but I still list them for others and as this is the quick way for me to do it.

It is the "F" week at ABC meme hence I have rambled on about how foggy it is in my brain lately as you can tell and added a few birds for the birdy memes.

The Bird D'pot
Our World Tuesday
Sweet Shot Tuesday
ABC Wednesday
Nature Notes Wednesday
Outdoors Wednesday
Wild Bird Wednesday







 I list all the memes for the week now as I can only spend a short time on the computer.  To continue reading posts you must click older post below or see the index at the top or the side or pick a popular post or label from the sidebar.

***********

(Photos in this group were taken at Cowichan Bay, B.C. mostly and various birding places.  Taken a few weeks ago. I have not been able to take many photos lately as I have difficulty driving due to my eyes and my husband had the hip operation and can't drive!! When will life be normal again.)




39 comments:

Gattina said...

Very beautiful pictures. Proves that fog can be beautiful too !
Gattina
ABC team

eileeninmd said...

Lovely landscapes and the look like awesome places to go birding. Wonderful photos, thanks for sharing.

Roger Owen Green said...

I got insulted by this guy who, when asking for my cellphone number, was shocked, SHOCKED that I didn't even carry it around. I don't want to be connected all the time. I need my down time, maybe time t read a book, or write something, or just take a shower and think, or whatever.
I think you're on the right track.
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Stewart M said...

Do fox sparrows always look like that? or does this one have "strange" plumage?

Cheers and thanks for linking to WBW.

Stewart M - Melbourne

Anni said...

Foxy Fox Sparrow? Wow...this is one I've never seen OR heard of before, and they're gorgeous. You've shared some awesomeness. The fog...I LOVE fog, my favorite weather phenomenon. And your images of the early morning misty surroundings are super.

Crafty Gardener said...

Those are a lovely series of photos with some thought provoking messages on them. Hope that your husband is recovering nicely and that you are able to get out and about again soon.

Lori Skoog said...

More gorgeous shots. You sure live in an area full of magnificent sights.

The media does play with us...what a world we live in today.

Indrani Ghose said...

Lovely captures. It is a treat to eyes!

Rian said...

Oh, I have to comment on this post. It brings up so many of my own thoughts dealing with reality, perception, reflection, and nature. My own perception of these things comes to me through nature... always has.

And isn't fog mysterious? I heard it called 'the dragon's breath' and felt it very apt.

MTWaggin said...

OMG those words were not foggy at all they are brilliant, shiny and so very true. Your photos are amazing Nora and your words are thoughtful. It doesn't get any better!

Sylvia K said...

Wonderful, foggy captures, Nora, and beautiful birds!! Hope your week is going well!!

Laura said...

Nora, I don't think your thoughts are so foggy... they are quite clear and resonate wonderfully for little me and big ME that is also YOU:-)

Gary said...

You got some great foggy shots there. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Nora at Island Rambles said...

Hi Stewart, thanks for coming here...the Fox Sparrow is leucistic or having unusual white plumage, the normal ones are more brown.

Nora at Island Rambles said...

Thanks so much for all these comments....I had a blog foggy day party, I set out all the photos and thought no one would come and you all showed up! How nice. So happy you came to my foggy day party.

Jeannette StG said...

Love the misty captures! The swan is stunning! We never should anyone allow to do the thinking/feeling for us (I call it spoonfeeding:) )

Roy Norris said...

Some fantastic scenic shots Nora.

Wally Jones said...

I love the fog! It makes us lose our sense of reality and direction. Then, when it lifts, we see all our familiar surroundings are still here and we have a clarity about which way to go.

Thank you for sharing your fog, water and especially your birds!

-Wally (still warm in Florida)

LOLfromPasa said...

Gorgeous photos - all of them. Enjoyed looking at them.

Nora at Island Rambles said...

ooops Sorry Anni, I just call him foxy fox sparrow ....that is his pet name, I used to call him Lewy, as he is a leucistic fox sparrow, I make up names for all the birds, and I also identify them incorrectly and spell names incorrectly and so on...really not a good birder.

Fun60 said...

When we have fog here there is an eerie silence which accompanies it and always makes me think about where I am in life. Great photos to go with your thoughts.

Rambling Woods said...

I had to come and re-read this a couple of times. It is a wonderfully thought provoking post Nora and I sometimes think that I am behind some foggy curtain and don't see things clearly and I know you have issues with your eyes that I am so sorry about..but I really enjoyed this post and the beautiful photos and thank you for the birthday wishes..

Oh the thistle feeder. Yes thistle is the most delicate and easily spoiled of all the seeds because of its high oil content. When tiny birds take the seed, they slit it and take the oil out and if you look at some of the remains, you can see this little slit.

Most of my thistle feeders are plastic with a tray below and a weather dome above to help keep the seed dry. The only other birds interested in thistle besides goldfinch are the siskins, redpolls, house finch, and I do have mourning doves who sit on the tray and pick seeds from the holes. So you really don't need one that is upside down. Michelle

Nora at Island Rambles said...

Way to go Rog, and I agree... so true.

Nora at Island Rambles said...

Way to go Rog.. and I agree.

Nora at Island Rambles said...

Thanks crafty...hope we will be out taking photos soon.

Nora at Island Rambles said...

Thanks Lori. I guess we are part of the media as well.

Nora at Island Rambles said...

Thanks Rian, I like the dragon breath.

Nora at Island Rambles said...

thanks so much.

Nora at Island Rambles said...

thanks Laura, your blog is so inspiring.

Nora at Island Rambles said...

Thanks Gary, wow you have a lot of comments over there.

Nora at Island Rambles said...

agree

Nora at Island Rambles said...

Hey Roy, some good bird shots on your blog.

Nora at Island Rambles said...

Thanks for this Warm Wally, I should have used these words in the blog.

Nora at Island Rambles said...

cheers and thanks.

Nora at Island Rambles said...

Thanks Michelle, you know so much about birds and nature.

Nora at Island Rambles said...

Thanks fun.

Chubskulit Rose said...

So calm and serene, very relaxing to look at these photos.

Fitness... Fashion... Family

Playing catch up again with F entries..
Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

Nora at Island Rambles said...

Thanks Michelle, my replies got mixed up somehow and there is one below this one in the wrong order, I do so appreciate your info on the birds and your blog has given me so much education on how to care for them. I appreciate that you took the time to help me out with my siskins last year.

Nora at Island Rambles said...

Thanks to each of you for visiting my site, I hope I have returned most of the visits to your sites.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS