Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Welcome to my blog world. This is a photo blog and short story blog about my life on Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Bridge Between Us

 

Beauty.....
 
Sometimes beauty overtakes you, you breathe it in and the stillness of that moment remains in your heart forever....

 
 
 
 
 


 
Pastel ribbons float softly in the sky, if only could I....
 

 
 
I stood there as darkness fell all around me blocking out all the tiny details of life, knowing only that I stood alone on this wild canvas created by a hand much greater than myself....

 
I watched as the colors changed all around me and thought this is the greatest communication from someone somewhere out there......

 
showing me beauty is still there for me....

 
 
I stood on the bridge between two worlds and I wanted to stay there forever...rooted to this earth....
I drank it all in as if it was the last time I would ever see the sky again or place my feet at this spot again in this life....

then the inevitable darkness came.....


 
 
*****************

I may not enter all these memes but this is the only way I can still join in. Thanks so much to the meme hosts who put on each of the following amazing memes for bloggers to join in and share their work.

I want to list all these memes for this part of the week so others can join them and I can pick a few to link up to.



Sky Watch Friday
Weekend Reflections
Best Post of the Week
Weekly Top Shot
Simple As That
Show off Your Shot
Miscellaneous Monday





 


edit note:   I list all the memes for the week now as I can only spend a short time on the computer.  To continue reading posts you must click older post below or see the index at the top or the side or pick a popular post or label from the sidebar.




***********
(The photos this week are from a few weeks ago when I was given a surprise sunset at Esquimalt Lagoon, I was birding but the light was getting too low to photo ducks and then this happened....I did stand on the bridge  and ponder on life a bit.  cheers and have a happy day.)






27 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning pics! i love the colours! have a grt weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful photos for SWF!Well done.Thank you for it and have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steffi in Germany. Late at nite the other side of the world comes on here.

      Delete
  3. How utterly lovely and magical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ladyfi, my gentle goddess in the snowy wonderland of the icy world of Sweden.

      Delete
  4. Simply beautiful!
    Your wonderful images display colors no artist could ever capture on canvas.
    Hope the upcoming weekend provides positive energy for you.

    -Wally In Warm Florida

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Warm Wally in Florida...send me some good weather and birds...you have too many incredible birds. I think the master painter paints the sky for me now and then...

      Delete
  5. I loved visiting the Esquaimalt Lagoon .. A beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Crafty another Canadian Yay..her site is like a great book on plant identification...

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous captures, Nora, as always!! Such dramatic, glorious skies and colors! Wonderful reflections for the day as well! Hope you have a lovely weekend! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers to Sylvia....the constant reliable companion to all of us bloggers, always gives us encouragement and zillions of sunset photos.

      Delete
  7. Those colours are breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous pictures. Your words with them are so fitting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You captured so beautiful colors... Thanks for sharing these with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. THAT truly is beautiful and still. Makes you just sigh.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. A double delight to see the skies, then the reflections!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colors you have captured in these skies! Brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how lovely Nora and I too feel that way when I look at what is around me.. hugs..Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Magnifique,de vraies cartes postales !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your images and words mesh for a beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. SO gorgeous... the colors really pop! I'm so glad you came by to share on Weekly Top Shot #70!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Breathtaking views and beautiful words!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, these are gorgeous sky captures. I had to go back and look them again. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks so much for your warm comments, I have commented back at each of your lovely sites.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS