Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Welcome to my blog world. This is a photo blog and short story blog about my life on Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Monday, February 04, 2013

Timeless Time

                                             Time for Ducks

Timeless...I wonder what time is, have we created it. What if there was no linear time at all...what if life just flowed like waves on the ocean and there were no deadlines, no appointments to keep, no schedules..we just lived breath to breath, sunset to sunrise.....would there be happiness there, would our worries be less, would we be free.
 


Feathers of Time

When I see my ducks they are not aware of time and they live in the moment, experiencing it so fully, they are so present in the NOW.  I am still searching for my true self here in this time, I don't know where my soul is, or where my home is, it all seems to be covered under layers of feathers of time.

Overwhelmed  

And now..I have no time...Not much time to do my posts or my blog memes this week so I am time less.. I think perhaps I should not have attempted to do my blog at the last minute as this is not a very interesting post. My husband is still recovering from hip surgery. He already has had two knees replaced and is getting another hip after this one and I feel overwhelmed.

Shy

 I am a very shy person and I am doing this blog to try to fit in somewhere in the world and to be accepted, understood and acknowledged that I lived.
Most of my life it has been difficult to interact with people for a variety of reasons so I had taken to writing out my thoughts and now I have started to do photography to try to express who I am somehow and to say I am here, I lived. I walked the earth with you here at this exact time in history and we experienced it together.

 Window to the Soul

They say the eyes are the windows to the soul ...but she has closed her eyes to me as if in slumber...she preens her soft feathers, her eyes never open.I wonder if she is experiencing it all the more as she is in complete darkness, blind to all that is around her, hearing only the murmur of her heart. I wonder about my eyes getting worse...

New Friend

 Along with everything else going on, I have befriended a new flock of ducks and above is my latest discovery....she is blond and so beautiful.  Probably a hybrid of some kind.  She does not fit in.  The others ducks peck at her and she will probably not breed. She is more tame to me than the others, runs to me and waddles around at my boots, looking hopefully at my bag. I try to give her more.....I feel connected to her.

 Pelican News

I read somewhere that some of the Pelicans will be flown home...thanks to the kindness of a stranger and nature lover.  Nice. This pelican has a sad look, like an ancient spirit.

 Alone Again 

So she is unique this bird above here, she is the only white Fox Sparrow. She is alone.  She stands out in a crowd, is very fearful  and hides in the thicket. After a long while she will come out. In some ways she is even more beautiful than the other Fox Sparrows, but they cannot see it.  She is just different.  What if she had a whole bunch of white babies. I hope she survives. She is an alien, alone here.

The Ocean all Around

A glimpse of Fisgard Lighthouse at sunset....the ocean all around it. One of my favorite places to go...it is my header on this blog also.
 The sea urchin, lives in the ocean with all of its family so close, never bothers anyone, is so happy to have a rock to cling to.  Does not harm us in any way......
I guess they will soon be gone, flown far away to be eaten. It is strange to see what we do to the ocean...
Well these are the photos I have taken for this week.  We saw some Greater White Fronted Geese out by the farms also. I had another better draft of this post but lost it somewhere.... This is a sorry excuse for a posting, but the best I can do for this week.  I enlarged my photos big for this posting and they look better if you click into the lightbox.  I am sorry that I am having trouble getting around to comment back to each of you and to comment to the meme hosts......I am trying as hard as I can and will show up later on.




 Thank you to these memes for allowing bloggers to share their story.  I may not remember to enter them all but I still list them for others and as this is the quick way for me to do it.

It is "D" week at ABC Wednesday.....so I did DUCKS!! 

The Bird D'pot
Our World Tuesday
Sweet Shot Tuesday
Tuesday Tweets
ABC Wednesday
Nature Notes Wednesday
Outdoors Wednesday
Wild Bird Wednesday







 I list all the memes for the week now as I can only spend a short time on the computer.  To continue reading posts you must click older post below or see the index at the top or the side or pick a popular post or label from the sidebar.












30 comments:

  1. Another glorious set of photos! Beautiful duck ballet and a stunning close-up of the pelican.

    I hope all goes well with your husband and that you are feeling a little less overwhelmed. Hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much ladyfi.....we are so far away from each other geographically on the map, you in Sweden at your computer in a snowy early morning wonderland and I am across the world in a dark B.C. at my computer late at night here... But within a few minutes of my post you were at my side with me giving me some kindness and hope. How wonderful is that. cheers.

      Delete
  2. Great series of shots! I like the white fox sparrow, never seen one before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fox sparrow is awesome. I've never seen one before. And your pintail duck photos are superb. Love the action shots you got here. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some stunning pictures. I tried to photograph some ducks this weekend and discovered it was not as easy as I thought it would be. Your posting is so perfectly paired with the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great series. I think you may be describing Boom's and my retirement as the"flow". I actually resent going to the city to do things because of the intrusion on the fun things that we do in the Vermilon Forest, and around home. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some AMAZING shots and such heart felt writing. Know that there are many of us that feel remotely connected to you and probably more than you know that feel the same as you do! Here's hoping for some sunshine in your day and many many more wonderful photos in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Creative post and fantastic photography of wildlife! ~ Carol of (A Creative Harbor) ^_^ on blogger ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing pictures. I like all the detail I can see in each feather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a wonderful post Nora. The beautiful photos of the Northern Pintail preening are so "in the moment" as I'm sure most birds are. Unfortunately, for your beautifully captured leucistic Fox Sparrow, the reason it hides in the thicket is because the unusual white feathers make them more likely to be preyed upon. I hope your husband does well after the surgery and you get some respite from your responsibilities. Don't worry about getting around to all your memes, we will be here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love your incredible captures, Nora! You have a wonderful eye for the beauty in your world. I, too, hope all goes well with your husbands latest surgery and I can only imagine how overwhelmed you must feel! Holding good thoughts for you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another wonderful, thoughtful, beautiful post! Thank you for sharing your ducks! I love the details on the feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks you so much for these kind and thoughtful comments to me and for me to hold on to. I appreciate the time each one of you has taken to think of me and to speak to me. It is a tiny slice of my life that is shared with you as each of you share your journey with me on your blogs. It is a network, a community. I feel you are all part of my blog family as only you understand what it is like to be in the world and to be a blogger as we go through our changing lives.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not a boring post at all, Nora! There are so many unusual and beautifully photographed birds and ducks here, and you have connected their lives to yours in a way that I think many of us can relate to. I do hope your husband's remaining surgery goes well and that he will soon be up and about again. I hope, too, that things will settle a bit. Don't let blogging be the source of stress. Remember that it's supposed to be fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I admire your ability to share so many of your thoughts. I am sure we can all empathise to some extent with you. I hope that soon you will feel able to cope and deal with what life throws at his. May your husband be skipping around in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like to ponder the idea of time. Some have thought that time is a circle where past, present and future all reside simultaneously rather than linearly. I thoroughly enjoyed the authentic and rather poetic flow of your words in this post and wish you and your husband all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Nora, your post is lovely with all the pretty duck shots. The Fox Sparrow is a great sighting, I hope it stays safe. I wish your hubby a quick recovery. Take care and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post. Your photographs of the ducks and other water birds are all fantastic. Carver, ABC Wed. Team

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's so sad the other ducks peck at her. Great post and great photos. I'm praying for your husband's speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  20. DIVINE photos of the DUCKS and other birds!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a great written post and the photographs are beautiful! I LOVE birds and can watch ducks for hours...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the shots of the Pintails - takes me back to the first one I ever saw. I got rather excited!

    The parrots in Australia are wonderful - when I first arrived here I could not believe my eyes - and I still find it hard to believe that I can see parrots of some sort every day!

    Cheers and thanks for linking to WBW.

    Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  23. a number of beautiful bird pics


    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  24. So love your comments between photos! Great insights into your connections with these birds! And love the photos of the preening ducks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sweet post. I think lots of us probably share our photos of birds to reach out to people that we have things in common with.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful photos. Shy really caught my eye. Blessings, debbie

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is such a thoughtful and lovely post Nora.. You posted about my great love.. waterfowl and some I have not seen in person. It is nice that the blond duck has you. She may mate as mallards aren't picky but her life would be safer if she didn't. (Please don't worry about me.. I had a couple of awful days with the rash and vomiting but I will go forward. If I am ever really upset, I call my sister of I can call my daughter.. I will be OK..I am determined that I will be)....hugs.. Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  28. Truly beautiful images! And I can so RELATE to those words!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for these words of wonderful encouragement. I hope you will all come back again and again and keep saying good things.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS