Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Welcome to my blog world. This is a photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I only put a few posts on the first page. Please click "Read More" to see all of each post. Also click "older posts" under the comments or see the archives at the side, labels below post and older Index. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text

FOLLOW MY BLOG

To follow click on badge on the sidebar or here.

Monday, March 04, 2013

Human Life Explained


How is Human Life Explained and Accelerated and Improved?

How do I alter my mind to be faster and greater and then preserve it. How can I create a hard drive in my mind that never fails? ..and also is portable to move around.

(Great Horned Owl baby)

How can I continue to exist?  How do  I download my mind and my self into my Google blog and will I then continue to exist?

(Harris's Sparrow)
 

I do know that the title of the blog is a little misleading and naive but I do want to have all human life explained to me, improved and accelerated into my lifetime.  (it is 'h' week at ABC meme so there will be many "H" words mixed in plus a bird or two for the birdy memes.)
(Hatchery Fish)

How I wish I had a computer that is totally intuitive to my thoughts and questions, to merge with my brain and make it extremely fast as this biological brain I am stuck with is incredibly slow.  Not a self-aware computer, just one that is aware of what I want.
(House Sparrow)
 

How come we only have this one weak body and it gets sick or old and it is no longer durable and strong?  I think I need some biotechnology and some nanotechnology help and then I would be able to hold on, live forever. This may be a real possibility in the future.  Artificial Intelligence and Google is into that.
 (Great Blue Heron)
 
(Heermann's Gull)
 

Google's mission statement is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. They are moving forward.  In December Ray Kurzweil joined Google as the Director of Engineering.  I can't wait to see what he does at Google and how Google will incorporate it into blogging.  I hope I am still around blogging away somewhere when the world of blogging changes.  Check out the Kurzweil Accelerating Hub to read more. 
(Hummingbird)
 

Now on to other topics.  I am having a terrible case of writer's block so there will be some quotes. Have any of you done draft after draft and none of them look good? I wonder what to blog about.
(Cooper's Hawk)


It is "H" week at ABC meme thus the theme will be "H".  Happy.

How does your mind look at life?  You can reorganize your mind with The Plastic Brain... neuroplasticity.   It is a strange thing this brain.  It thinks that it controls you, and tells you this with thoughts . But it is  not so. It is just a faulty computer or hard drive with a bug.  The focus is to be happy.
(Harbour Seals)

A few happiness thoughts.....


The human heart hungers for material things when it is within the human heart that you will find true happiness.
 (Hybrid duck)
 
(Hooded Merganser)
 

But if you expect only happiness in this life here then your are asking for
a heavy heart. 
(Harlequin Ducks)
 

There is no happiness without taking some action on it.  Taking some risks. It is a risk just to be a human.

(Hooded Merganser)
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

Happiness gives us only memories not scars.

 (Harbour)

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien

“Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.”
― Marcel Proust
(Hatley Park)

“Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it. You must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it.”
― Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love




 Thank you to these memes for allowing bloggers to share their story.  I may not remember to enter them all but I still list them for others and as this is the quick way for me to do it.  (is H week at ABC meme) 

The Bird D'pot
Our World Tuesday
Sweet Shot Tuesday
Tuesday Tweets
ABC Wednesday
Nature Notes Wednesday
Outdoors Wednesday
Wild Bird Wednesday







 I list all the memes for the week now as I can only spend a short time on the computer.  To continue reading posts you must click older post below or see the index at the top or the side or pick a popular post or label from the sidebar.


34 comments:

  1. Happiness is indeed elusive! I think it's a state of mind that starts off with positive thoughts and kindness.

    As always - fabulous shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you lady of the beautiful north where it is a frozen fairy land.

      Delete
  2. What a great timing for the first two shots.
    Great series, I like the messages with each of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Indrani in India, that is some amazing history on one of your blogs today.
      Nice to see India and Europe awaking now and all coming on line as we in North America turn to our beds. This is such a interconnected web we weave. Night and Day, Bloggers wander through the net.

      Delete
    2. :) Yes we wander all days of week visiting and revisiting. This time I had a good look at each of your captures. You have a lot of patience capturing the birds.
      Happy ABC W!

      Delete
  3. This is one superior post!!! Love the commentary, and the photos are 'delicious'. Wishing I could see a hooded merganser. I think you've outdone yourself with this...excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Anni. Love the Red Cardinals that you see each day.

      Delete
  4. such an assortment of photographs you share. All interesting to see and I especially love the hooded mersanger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Carole, love the pelicans on your blog.

      Delete
  5. Great series!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Gary. Like the Fox picture on your blog.

      Delete
  6. So many wonderful photos and some deep words. I really did like the quote from Eat, Pray, Love because I do so believe that. Enjoy your week doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks MT, I enjoyed your Downy woodpecker on your blog today.

      Delete
  7. Wonderful look at your world, Nora, as always! Such superb captures and a terrific series! Thanks for sharing the beauty!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sylvia, I see you have been to India on your header ;-) and what an amazing once in a life time photo you got. Thanks for the humour today.

      Delete
  8. I like your mix of nature with a bit of the harbour and local architecture. You live in a beautiful part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Leora, I will visit your site.

      Delete
  9. Great post and quotes. Love all the beautiful birds, lovely captures! Have a happy day and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow ! Tremendous photography of the beauties in nature ~ Wonderful ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of HELPFUL quotes to make HUMAN life better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of beautiful photos and interesting quotes and your thoughts too - couldn't ask for more. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there - human life explained? What will I do tomorrow?

    Nice post.

    Cheers and thanks for linking to WBW.

    Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stewart you could explain the universe to me..your humour is
      so perfect for the ending of this blog.

      Delete
  14. Beautiful pictures and positive thinking. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! What a beautiful collection of photos! I loved them all, but your quote on the Harris sparrow spoke loudest to me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I join the dozens already applauding here; inspiring collection of wise quotes and stunning photos of beautiful creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely amazing blog post this week. Your photos are fabulous and I wish I could have that type of "writers block".
    I sure didn't see any blockage...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the Tolkien quote! And your photos are wonderful, especially of the hooded merganser and the harlequin duck.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing photos and thoughtful prose and remembering to highlight wildlife's needs. Perfect Nature Notes post Nora..I hope things are OK your way..you do have nature to help you.. hugs..Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fascinating, I love the hooded merganser.

    Haghpat Monastery, Armenia

    Catching up with letter H entries.
    Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much for taking the time to click on my site and then to go through the time it takes to make a comment. I know it takes a lot of time to read my blog pages and I appreciate those who have remained with me for many years, through many changes and many learning curves while I learn how to be a blogger and how I continue to evolve, trying to achieve what kind of blogger I aspire to be.
    I really am thankful that each of you came to visit me.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for another beautiful post. We wish you a happy weekend! Naturally, my favorite picture is the Great Blue Heron tossing down a lizard!

    Take care.

    Wally - enjoying early Spring in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are most welcome and thank you as well.
    Lot's of beautiful and amazing photos in this post. I think that sometimes, photos can tell their own stories...

    ReplyDelete
  24. THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL THIS.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Click for Index

TO CONTINUE CLICK 'OLDER POST' ABOVE HERE OR CLICK ON THE ARCHIVE ON THE SIDE OR --OLDER INDEX OF BLOG PAGES
©all rights reserved on all images and text

COPYRIGHT