Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Welcome to my blog world. This is a photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Kindness for You



We are keeping a keen eye out here for our migratory birds to come in.  This is the time of year that we see some of our birds return to this area.


It is "k" week at ABC  meme so I will toss in some kind of "k" words and photos for my kind-hearted and kindred friends at the ABC Meme and some birds for the nature and bird memes.  And a few more quotes!

Today's quotes are on Kindness.

 Above are pictures of Koksilah River, Vancouver Island.




This is Kennedy Lake above. And below are several
pictures from Kelsey Bay, B.C.


 
 

"What wisdom can you find that is greater than kindness?" Jean Jacques Rousseau

 


"Kind words can be short and easy to speak but their echoes are endless."
Mother Teresa

Kayaker near Campbell River.
 
Sayward again on Kelsey Bay for above and following shots.
 

"Perhaps we're too embarrassed to change or too frightened of the consequences of showing that we actually care. But why not risk it anyway? "BEGIN TODAY! "Carry out an act of kindness, with no expectation of reward or punishment. Safe in the knowledge that one day,  someone somewhere might do the same for you."  Princess Diana




The greatest work that kindness does to others is that it makes them kind themselves." Amelia Earhart

 
The park below is called Frances King Park.



"The best portion of a good man's life is his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love." William Wordsworth




"Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the and the blind can see"
Mark Twain
 
 
 
The dancers wear kilts!
 



"The highest form of wisdom is kindness"
The Talmud quotes

Kelp
 


Kayak at local beach.


Kismet:  kismet, fate or destiny.


 
 
Killer whales, three in the picture, two older and a baby.
 


Kayakers in Victoria Harbour with a Tall Ship.
 
Camera Kismet:

Now on to other matters, lets see I got a new little tiny camera.   It is a Panasonic FZ200 with a 24X.  The zoom does not give me what my old 400mm camera lens does but the old lens is too heavy for me to carry. Will use the new little one for scenery.





I will put in a link to a few cams here.

This link is for a local Great Horned Owl Nest. She nested in box as I guess she had a kink in her nesting area plans, perhaps her old nest went kaput or she did not have the know-how or knowledge of how to nest as she might be first year.  (The above owl pictures are from my collection of previous owl shots at another location not of the Cam owls.)




This one is for a local Humming bird nest. (the shots are not from the Cam hummers, they are from a nest we had and my son had.)

 
Kinglet

 Thank you to these memes for allowing bloggers to share their story.  I may not remember to enter them all but I still list them for others and as this is the quick way for me to do it.
Killdeer
 

Kingfisher on a boat


The Bird D'pot
Our World Tuesday
Sweet Shot Tuesday
ABC Wednesday
Nature Notes Wednesday
Outdoors Wednesday
Wild Bird Wednesday







 I list all the memes for the week now as I can only spend a short time on the computer.  To continue reading posts you must click older post below or see the index at the top or the side or pick a popular post or label from the sidebar.
 
Kings Pond Ducks
 

Cute Kitty
 
I hope you all have a great week and I look forward to reading your blogs so leave me a comment.
 


28 comments:

  1. Another wonderful set of pictures.I love seeing the blue water and of course all the surrounding area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, breathtaking captures, Nora, as always! And thanks, as always, for sharing the beauty of your world! Hope you have a wonderful week ahead! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great serie of photos!
    Interesting to study every photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent post as always Nora!!! That close up of the hummingbird nest in incredible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Ks as always and am so jealous of your hummer nest..how fun to watch that! The birds are coming, they are heading through here so I'm sure it won't be long for you either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great series of photos. That first one with the yellow tree leaves reflecting in the water is especially beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos and your kindness quotes were excellent. So uplifting! Visiting from OWT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful series! "My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness." ~HH Dalai Lama

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful collection of Mother nature's best.. I enjoyed this post Nora and thank you for your good wishes..Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful shots as usual. Have a great week,

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your little camera works beautifully ...comfort in carrying it is a great asset! I love the owls...and the bay called "Kelsey"..which is our granddaughter's name, so I doubly love it. All of your pictures are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. a beautiful little corner of the world. you are lucky to live there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful post. I enjoyed all the photographs and quotes. Carver, ABC Wed. Team

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kindness is highly underrated.
    Nice pics, as always.

    ROG, ABC Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful! Loved all of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what a lovely series. I can decide what I like more. The killer whales or the wood ducks, or the hummer on the nest. And the scenery is gorgeous! AWEsome! Great post, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots of wonderful photography of a very beautiful place for ABC ~ enjoy ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, the lake and river is beautiful, Nora! I particularly like the pic with the kayak, and the logs! Didn't realize the wingspan and tail part of the own was that big and beautiful! Thanks for sharing:) and wishing you a beautiful passover (my guess is that is what yo celebrate since you posted Kismet as a month)

    ReplyDelete
  19. WHat a great series of shots! I would love to kayak around that beach!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you, Nora, for a wonderful post! The scenery is simply stupendous! Of course, I'm partial to the birds and loved the owl series!
    We're seeing a lot of migrants here who are busy fueling up for their northward flights, so you should see them returning home soon.

    -Wally in Florida

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic set of images. The reflection is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The owl (although my fingers keep typing wol) shots are great where ever they are from.

    You are not the only one who see new birds on WBW!

    Cheers and thanks for linking to WBW - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful series!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love all of your photos - beautiful surroundings! Who knew there were so many "K" things in the world!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your capture of the nest with the hummer is so adorable! Have a happy Easter:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. From the sweet little Hummingbird to the large great horned Owl, and all in between just marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  27. THANKS SO MUCH!!! WOW I THINK THIS IS THE MOST PICTURES I HAVE EVER PUT IN!!!
    Thanks for posting a comment as the photo download was so long, I appreciate
    the effort each blogger takes to make a comment.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Click for Index

COPYRIGHT