Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora Flower and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Monday, April 08, 2013

More Island Life




Today we will just do some More Island Life for letter "M" at our
ABC carnival meme.




Magenta is our color today.  The above photos are from the Magical Butchart Gardens taken last year as the season is just starting out there. Now I will attempt to pop in many "m" words and photos.
Above are the Mute Swans out at Esquimalt Lagoon and below are some of the Many Brant Geese out at Island View Beach.

Here is the little Marsh Wren again from Swan Lake. He is very easy to photograph as he has no fear and builds his nest in the muddy reeds and gets mad when you come close to it.

We found a Great Blue Heron out at Maber Flats recently, however the fields will be drained and farmed this year so no birding there now.

This is near the Marina in Oak Bay below.
Hooded Mergansers below from the Majestic Kings Pond. Both are
males on a mission to impress a female for a mate.


The moody morning mist at Cowichan Bay.
Even the mist had a magenta look to it.

Genoa Bay Marina still looks the same---magnificent marine scenery there.

The moss covered trees out at Todd Inlet.
If you click the pictures they will magnify.
There still are not many shorebirds around except out on the outer islands.


I hope you all have a happy blogging week and get lots of comments and I thank you in advance for any comments you can manage to make to my blog as well.
Thank you to these memes for allowing bloggers to share their story.  I may not remember to enter them all but I still list them for others and as this is the quick way for me to do it.

The Bird D'pot
Our World Tuesday
Sweet Shot Tuesday
ABC Wednesday
Nature Notes Wednesday
Outdoors Wednesday
Wild Bird Wednesday







 I list all the memes for the week now as I can only spend a short time on the computer.  To continue reading posts you must click older post below or see the index at the top or the side or pick a popular post or label from the sidebar.


38 comments:

  1. What wonderfully colourful shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much mystical whimsical lady of the north.

      Delete
  2. Such vibrant, life affirming reds. A visual delight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Arija. Love your new pig.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful post! I love that mergansers picture so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kusum, the Hawaii wave pic is lovely.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful and pretty flowers with lovely birds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are stunning photos! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pictures - I like the waders on the seashore. Thanks for your early (isn) link to WBW.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Stewart, like your waders better, more of them there.

      Delete
  7. Lovely colours Nora, a great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy, nice farm photos and birds on your site.

      Delete
  8. your photos warm my very soul,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous flowers, glorious colors and awesome captures!! Doesn't get any better than this, Nora!! Hope your week is off to a great start!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sylvia, nice new header on there today.

      Delete
  10. LOVE the hooded merganser images. Of course all your photos are super, but the mergansers, I'd love to see in real life!! Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marvelous menagerie of marine creatures
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always have such a lovely selection of photos to share.Thanks for a glimpse into life on the west coast.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The hooded mergansers always make me giggle. Such fun and colorful shots and I love them all as always.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You live in a MAGNIFICENT area of the world - not far from ME! Love your photos.

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just Magical. I shall never tire of seeing island life, something I miss very much. Gorgeous, Marvelous photoseries!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You know, I was born and raised in Victoria and never went to Butchart Gardens. How crazy is that? I love coming here and seeing your photos, they do remind me of home past!
    Thank you too for visiting my blog, I have been in Alberta now for just over two months and still have to find a new photography style here that makes the best of this new scenery we are in the middle of! It's taking me a while to find that!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Marvelous collection of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your photos make me want to pack my bags and visit these beautiful places.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You live in a very beautiful place! Kate, ABC Team

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovely selection of photos. The mergansers are very handsome doing their display!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous shots and such beautiful vibrant colors. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nora, thank you for once again sharing your beautiful piece of the planet. So many wonderful things to see. Of course, I'm still partial to the birds! Love that Wren - little bird, Big Attitude!

    Take care.

    Wally in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such gorgeous shots! Wow--that lovely color reminds me of the Virginia mountains, or Vermont! Glad you are joining in! It's lovely to have you! I took a short break this week, but will be back next week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh another wonderful nature post nora..thank you..michelle

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks so much for these comments...I have tried to visit each of you during the week.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Those zinnias make my heart skip a beat!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is truly one glorious sunset! Magnificent.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE THE WORLD OF BLOGGING HAS CHANGED AND THERE ARE TOO MANY SPAMMERS OUT THERE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS