Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Welcome to my blog world. This is a photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I only put a few posts on the first page. Please click "Read More" to see all of each post. Also click "older posts" under the comments or see the archives at the side, labels below post and older Index. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text

FOLLOW MY BLOG

To follow click on badge on the sidebar or here.

Monday, May 13, 2013

Something Red


Are you ready?  It is time for "R" at ABC Meme.  So we will look for "r" words and something Red.  Like the flowers out at Butchart Gardens right now.  It is so wonderful there. The tulips are really ready for us.



Then we will find a Ring-necked duck.


Let me see what I can find in my files now....Oh the little owls have really Round eyes, Round little heads and bodies.

Then we will go to the back yard and find some birds with Red on them there for Stewart at Wild Birds, for Anni at the Bird D'pot and for the Outdoor and Nature memes too.


How about a Red-winged Blackbird.

And a Red House Finch.




I saw a Red-tailed Hawk fly over the other day.




I have not seen the ghost of Panama flats lately....it is a leucistic
Fox Sparrow, it is a Rare bird for me to see.


I got two shots of two woodpeckers this week. Here is the Pileated with the Red on his head.




And here is the Flicker with Red on his head.



Here is a surfer Riding the waves at Sombrio.  Now I need to have a Rest! I hope you all have a Relaxing week.




 Thank you to these memes for allowing bloggers to share their story.  I may not remember to enter them all but I still list them for others and as this is the quick way for me to do it.

The Bird D'pot Thank you Anni
Our World Tuesday Thank you Jennifer
Sweet Shot Tuesday Thank you Kent
ABC Wednesday Thank you Denise, Roger and Team
Nature Notes Wednesday Thank you Michelle
Outdoors Wednesday Thank you Susan
Wild Bird Wednesday Thank you Stewart






 I list all the memes for the week now as I can only spend a short time on the computer.  To continue reading posts you must click older post below or see the index at the top or the side or pick a popular post or label from the sidebar.








39 comments:

  1. Oh, what lovely red flowers! And those owls are just delightful. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ladyfi. I am coming over to see you then as it is morning there now.

      Delete
  2. WOW!!!what beautiful blooms and I love that Red winged blackbird and the woodpecker.Have a great day!

    Shantana

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great group of beautiful photos. Butchart Gardens is one my favorite places!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Pileated Woodpecker has to be one of my favourite birds - and for a change, I have been luck enough to see some!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely series, and I do love the woodpeckers

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful show of Tulips Nora.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nora.
    I just read the comment you left for me at I'd Rather B Birdin' = about being able to read the blog post more easily. There is a trick you can do with your computer if text is much too small for you on ANY blog or website. If you are using Windows on your computer [I'm not sure it works on a Macintosh] ---But to make the text larger for viewing and reading, use the CTRL key, while depressing the CTRL KEY, at the same time click on the "+" key on your keyboard. It will make text larger...several clicks enlarges...

    On the other hand, if you want text smaller use the CTRL Key [found on the bottom left side of keyboard] and click on the "-" [minus] key atop your keyboard. It will work like this for you until you reboot your system.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anni, that does help a lot.

      Delete
  8. ps....forgot to mention I loved your birds...the ring necked duck is something I've not seen here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great assortment of birds! That fox sparrow is really something!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's what I call a garden! Beautiful shots of beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love Butchart Gardens, Nora, and I love your captures for the day! The owls are delightful! Thanks for sharing the beauty! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done! The Tulips are great but it is the picture of the Ring-necked Duck which takes first prize today. I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great tulips!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much fun to ramble through your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh beautiful... I would love to get a photo of an owl or pleated... Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lots of lovely pictures starting with R.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A wonderful photoseries, I love the blooms (tulips are my favorite flower:) and the many delightful birds.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful series of "r" photos. The birds are great but those tulips are really special!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You've got a wonderful and rare collection of R words. I love the red tulips. There are more of them than in Amsterdam!
    Great post for this week. Thank you! I hope you will have a great week!
    Wil, ABCW Team.

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow, the tulips are gorgeous! what a beautiful shade of red.
    love your bird shots, too, especially the owls--they're so cute!

    R is for...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love all your birds, especially the cute owls. And the tulips shots are gorgeous. Wonderful post! Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. especially like the red flowers
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm back visiting from WBW linkings. Hope your Wednesday treats you well.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous tulip beds and that ring-necked duck is a dilly. So many wonderful birds that you have catalogued for us here, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well, I think you got every R word and picture for all your memes.
    Good stuff and I liked your Ramble.

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are just wonderful.....great walk, how I would love to visit Butchart Gardens (and the wonderful city that goes with them) again!!! Your woodpecker picture is great, so much better than mine for Stewart's meme. Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous bird shots. I do not have the patience to take good bird photos, so I envy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Tulips always look stunning planted like that. Lovely birds photos especially the fluffy owls.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I haven't been to Butchart Gardens in years, but it is still beautiful.
    I love your collection of birds with red on them, even though I came here via Our World Tuesday (a day late).
    It looks like Spring is well underway on the Island. You're always a little ahead of the mainland, and the coast is always 'way ahead of me out here in southeastern Alberta.
    Gorgeous photos!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful birds. The owls are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your rambles are much fun, and glorious to behold!
    Cheers from Cottage Country!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you for an enjoyable post! Naturally, I'm partial to the birds but loved it all. Hope you had a wonderful weekend, Nora.

    Wally in humid Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks to all who have taken the time out of their busy day to give me so many nice comments. I appreciate each one of them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh wonderful photographs I love owls =)

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm R for ready! My daughter and I are going to visit my son and his girlfriend who are acting an a show at Chemainus. Jesse turned 30 years old yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'm going to say "R" for riot! A riot of colour! Stunning shots. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Click for Index

TO CONTINUE CLICK 'OLDER POST' ABOVE HERE OR CLICK ON THE ARCHIVE ON THE SIDE OR --OLDER INDEX OF BLOG PAGES
©all rights reserved on all images and text

COPYRIGHT