Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Welcome to my blog world. This is a photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I only put a few posts on the first page. Please click "Read More" to see all of each post. Also click "older posts" under the comments or see the archives at the side, labels below post and older Index. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text

FOLLOW MY BLOG

To follow click on badge on the sidebar or here.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Afternoon in My Garden


Come and sit with me in my garden to see the secret life of the birds
that spend their lives visiting with me each afternoon. This could be
called Afternoon Birds in My Garden. I was very excited to get the
photo below as the Black Headed Grosbeak has only come to the feeder this one time!  That is Towhee above there.


We are in the lazy, hazy hot days of summer when I do not write
any serious text at all.  Since it is my blog and I am the boss,  I
can take the summer off!  Yay to that!

Red-Breasted Nuthatch


I took all these photos sitting outside near the bird feeder this week. This could be a very yellow Pine Siskin below, not quite sure.  We have a lot of Goldfinches here as well and they bring their babies.



The ABC meme is at the letter "A" for a new cycle of ABC life.
Hope you are enjoying your Afternoon and birds with me.

Afternoon for "A" at ABC.  This is an Anna's Hummer below.

 
 This is the Bewick's Wren below.



I got one of those water bubblers for the bird bath and the birds seem to enjoy it! This is a Pine Siskin.


Chestnut-backed Chickadee below, all wet.

Thank you to these memes for allowing bloggers to share their story.  I may not remember to enter them all but I still list them for others and as this is the quick way for me to do it.

 
 Goldfinch below and Robin in garden above.


Click on these links to find great blogs and photos.

The Bird D'pot Thank you Anni
Our World Tuesday Thank you Our World Team
Sweet Shot Tuesday Thank you Kent
ABC Wednesday Thank you Denise, Roger and Team
Nature Notes Wednesday Thank you Michelle
Outdoors Wednesday Thank you Susan
Wild Bird Wednesday Thank you Stewart






 I list all the memes for the week now as I can only spend a short time on the computer.  To continue reading posts you must click older post below or see the index at the top or the side or pick a popular post or label from the sidebar.


44 comments:

  1. Such beautiful birds and delightful captures, Nora!! I love seeing them enjoying their bird bath! Fun way to wind down my day! Thank you! Hope your week is going well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sylvia. I remember blogging with you in 2008. I can't seem to find your current blog. I will look again.

      Delete
  2. Such beautiful birds that come to visit you! The pine siskin really does seem to be enjoying those bubbles! I may have to get one of those bubble machines for my husband who has bird feeders in our backyard too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robyn, I like your poems.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Jim. I enjoy the variety of buildings you post.

      Delete
  4. I love your bird pictures!! I so enjoy watching the birds that come to our feeder.

    Jocelyn @ http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beauty and you captured and shared them with us to enjoy. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daniel. Lovely old farm house on your blog today.

      Delete
  6. Cute little birds great captures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Saun. Really enjoyed your blog and cardinals.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks Steph. Nice art picture on your blog.

      Delete
  8. Awesome bird shots! You frame them so well.
    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Indrani. Always enjoy your posts about India.

      Delete
  9. So glad to share your beautiful birds. We have many of the same ones. I have seen Pine Siskins in England but I don't think I have seen any here. I must look a little harder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris. You have an Anna's on your blog today!

      Delete
  10. Thank goodness for the hummingbird. At lest I knew what that one was! We just don't have birds like that where I live. BEAUTIFUL photos Nora!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Pat...waiting to hear how you got lost.

      Delete
  11. It's great when you haven't got to walk miles to get great shots like these Nora.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, yeah. It's TOO DARN HOT this week! My post I wrote weeks ago, fortunately.
    Nice pics, as ALWAYS!
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful birds and images. My favourite is your Our World Tuesday shot - i like the pattern of the dots against the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  14. a nice selection of photographs Nora; well done

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous captures! What a great variety!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic captures Nora. I especially have a bit of envy on your spotting a Towhee [is it a spotted Towhee? I can't recall its full name]...anyway, I've only seen ONE here where I live and was not able to get a photo of it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How blessed you are with all these beautiful bird visitors ~ Wonderful photography ~ Happy Week to you ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great bird photos!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful captures, Nora!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have an image of you sitting back enjoying a cold drink and watching all these wonderful birds tooing and froing from your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely array of beautiful birds that visit you! How wonderful to be able to see them in your yard!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love Rambling thru your Bird Garden.
    Beautiful series of handsome creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your delicate hummingbird! They have been building for over half a year now, so the birds (except for crows:( ) stay away - sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have a wonderful collection of birds visiting your garden. Birdwatching with all the comforts of home.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What lovely scenery you have at your fingertips!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful variety of birds. Hard to pick a favorite I love them all. Have a happy day and week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Nora...another lovely nature post with lots of photos to enjoy.. I haven't seen as many hummers this year or butterflies....but we do have lots of heat....Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wonderful bird photos. I really like watching birds have a bath. I could watch this for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Nice assortment of bird visitors, beautifully depicted. That towhee is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What AN AWESOME AFTERNOOON!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  31. You have such different backyard birds than I do!! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  32. You garden birds are remarkable - I'd love to see some of these birds!

    Cheers and thanks for linking to WBW

    Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  33. What amazing shots of your birds.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fantastic post! You filled it with birds! Thanks, Nora, for making my day brighter!

    Wally in Wet Florida

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Click for Index

TO CONTINUE CLICK 'OLDER POST' ABOVE HERE OR CLICK ON THE ARCHIVE ON THE SIDE OR --OLDER INDEX OF BLOG PAGES
©all rights reserved on all images and text

COPYRIGHT