Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text

Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Memories of Youth




I have been thinking of my younger days and going back in time and yearning to connect with people I have lost  touch with over the years.  The letter this week at a very popular blogging meme, ABC Wednesday is the letter "Y" for my thoughts of yesterday. I will include as many "y's" as I can and still yield some sense. I am doing photo mix, a year in review of some of my past photos. We are near the end of this series of  ABC. The top picture is of Long Beach, B.C. I grew up on a beach like this.


Sometimes I feel like I am on a bridge to nowhere now....I remember innocent days of youth.


I joined up with facebook, yep I did, and found so many children I used to know and people I knew. It turns out that on facebook there are people who remember me! Yay!   I really like it and now I have neglected my blog!
You all probably know how that goes. You can yak on it.

 
  I felt so alone...like the Fox Sparrow who is the wrong color.

 Mature Pelican

I guess when you reach a certain age you reflect on your life and how it all went.  Sometimes it went too quickly and you could almost not take a breath.  Time flew by.  Now time seems to stand still some days. This is the yin and yang of life I guess.  We never know our expiry date.


Osprey
 



 And the list of people in your life seems to get smaller and smaller as you age, life gets quieter and quieter. However, it is wonderful for me to reconnect with some people and children I knew years ago. It validates my life. I was wondering if everything I did for twenty years had no value and this does validate my work in some small way. So I want my children to fly home to me so I know how they all are.


 
The Swan Song The Big Sleep
 

It is summer here and we have a heat wave going on!  We are out in the yacht (little boat actually!) and yours truly will only be posting now and then.  I hope I can connect up with some of my long time blog friends on facebook one day also.  Have a great week bloggers and hope your summer is full of joy.




 Thank you to these memes for allowing bloggers to share their story.  I may not remember to enter them all but I still list them for others and as this is the quick way for me to do it.




The Bird D'pot Thank you Anni
Our World Tuesday Thank you Jennifer
Sweet Shot Tuesday Thank you Kent
ABC Wednesday Thank you Denise, Roger and Team
Nature Notes Wednesday Thank you Michelle
Outdoors Wednesday Thank you Susan
Wild Bird Wednesday Thank you Stewart

 
 
 




 I list all the memes for the week now as I can only spend a short time on the computer.  To continue reading posts you must click older post below or see the index at the top or the side or pick a popular post or label from the sidebar.






27 comments:

  1. I used to live in a Long Beach, but very far from yours (in California). Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely beach scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Nora Good to hear from you again and for you to share a lovely post. It is wonderful to have good memories and to link up with people from your past but also to remember people who you have met more recently and all your blogger friends. Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again a great series of photos of both scenery and birds. I always love your photos of the sea and the beaches. Although at the other side of the world beaches were also very important to me as I was growing up - but they would have been lots warmer water than yours! The Fox Sparrow is very interesting - is that called leucistic plumage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mick, yes it is leucistic...a very beautiful bird!

      Delete
  5. Hi there - nice pictures. Facebook is not the evil demon some people would have us believe! Its not a replacement for a conversation, but its a start.

    Thanks for the link to WBW.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I try not to believe in YESTERDAY, but to live for TODAY!
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some wonderful pictures there. I know the feeling of getting older and needing to stay connected; good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes, I sometimes I feel the need to reconnect with old friends too. Sadly we left our home town only a few years after leaving high-school, and with that we left our school friends too that we might have continued with had we stayed.
    I enjoyed your post. Have a great week. I am joining you through Our World Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know all about how Facebook can make the time between blogs a lot longer. I enjoy your pictures and have 'Liked' your page on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The top photo is a stunning landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those birds are beautiful - I'm not on Facebook but always wonder if I should join to link to folks from the past. There are many people I sometimes still think about, since I've moved so much in my life and over time I gets hard to stay in touch all the time. Lovely thoughtful post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I understand your feelings here. Life is short and we have to make the most of each day.

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks a lovely beach to grow up by. Those childhood beaches are always full of memories.

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice pics! and you haven't found me on facebook!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok I will find you Pete, we already email but we can chat on facebook even though our times are ten hours apart. Pete and I just met on our blogs years ago. But after reading his great blog for so many years, feels like I know him.

      Delete
  15. Stunning Nora and you always have the best picks for ABC! I love reading your thoughts and even if I don't get to always comment you are indeed a regular read for me - I just sometimes only get a minute at work to read and now can't comment from there! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic pics...enjoyed hem a great deal.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh I made some typos here so removed the first comment above ....Just wanted to thank everyone for coming by to see me.

      Delete
  18. Fascinating post filled with lovely photos! I love my beach world near my home! Just a walk along the beach always refreshes me! As a child, I always wanted to live by the sea. And now I do.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful bird photos, you live in an amazing place

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry I'm so late in getting in here to visit with you and view your bird photos...holiday has me messed up. LOL

    LOVE the fox sparrow. That one is a first for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes...I feel time flying by and I think about the past a lot... Lovely photos Nora.... Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing them. And beware of facebook--it's like quicksand (he says from experience).

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Please do not link in a comment, I have to then delete as there is too much spam going on.
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS