Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Welcome to my blog world. This is a photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text

Saturday, May 03, 2014

Taking a Break




Though much is taken, much abides; and though
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.


Tennyson quote from Ulysses spoken by M in Skyfall


I am taking a little break.  Be back soon.  



Thank you to each of these memes for allowing bloggers to share their story.


Click on any of these links for some great blogs and photos.

Sky Watch Friday
Camera Critters



Weekend Reflections
Todays Flowers
Weekly Top Shot
Blue Monday






  To continue reading posts you may click older post below or see the index on the side or pick a popular post from the sidebar or label below. Thanks.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS.






17 comments:

  1. Wishing you well as you take a blogging break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reflection. Love the horses and Seal Have a good break Nora.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bird, flowers and scenery. Thanks for sharing and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos all of them! Take care, Nora!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will be here when you return. Have a good break. Really great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Nora, hope that bluebird starts sitting on you shoulder and full health and happiness fill you with joy.
    You, as ever, are in my daily prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice way to bow out for a while - see you when you get back.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such delightful pics! What a lovely way to begin my day. Have a nice break.

    ReplyDelete
  9. May your time away from the computer be restful… each image is so beautiful Nora.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photos, especially of the bluebird and the seal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your break! Thank you for sharing so much beauty with us!

    Wally in Springtime Florida

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nora ... I hope you are well and taking a break just to relax. As always your pictures bring huge smiles to my face and wonderful Pacific Northwest memories. (We will be returning soon!) Take care. And thanks for letting us know that you're taking a planned break, so we don't worry.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Nora,

    I love that blue bird. He's perfect for BLUE MONDAY. Thanks for playing today.

    I'm looking forward to reading your comment on my blue injury post. Please come back.

    Have a Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome photos! Love the little seal..so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the bluebird...and I think I have a photo of that same seal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy your break! I think it's important to listen to and respect our inspirations and feel free to go where the winds take us. But a selfish part of me hopes I get to see some more of your beautiful photographs and writings soon :)

    For this post, I must say that mountains have always stirred my soul, so that photograph of the coast with that range behind it made me pause for quite a while!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That which we are, we are.
    I like that thought.
    Best wishes for your break. May it be peaceful.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Click for Index

COPYRIGHT