Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text

Monday, January 05, 2015

My Leuky Lab World



My World: I started this new blog on my leukemia, calling it Leukemia Labyrinth or my Leuky Lab.  Not getting any visitors at that new blog and Google is not giving me any stats on it as I have no visitors and Google does not add it to search.  Trying to drive some traffic over to that blog so I can get on Google search to get started. So this is me asking you to click over there to my new blog for a second or two just to have a look, pleeeeese.  This is the link to Leukemia Labyrinth. Any comments would be nice as well but not necessary.  I had forgotten how long it takes to get a new blog started up with readers.  I am so lucky over here with all the love from my group of bloggers.  (above and below pictures from new blog).




I hope everyone had a great Christmas Season and a wonderful New Years 2015!  I am trying to follow as many of you on Facebook as I can also so leave me a note if you are on Facebook. I love seeing your stories on there as well.

Now for a review of the birds I liked this year.  Trying out various collage makers.  What collage makers do you use?  Could use some ideas.  The one above I made with PiZap.  The bird one below was made with CollageIt. I really need to find some kind of collage maker.  I will finish this review later in the week.
I have ZERO ideas on what kind of collage maker to get.  We are at Z for the ABC  meme.  I have no zest or zeal.  I walk in a zigzag lately.  I wish I had a zircon or a zither. I like the zodiac zone and zoography and now I am kind of zany.  whew.  I did some zzzzzzs.

**************************************************

Thank you to these memes for allowing bloggers to share their story.  Click on these links to find great blogs and photos.
The Bird D'pot Thank you Anni
Our World Tuesday Thank you Our World Team
Nature Notes Tuesday Thank you Michelle
Sweet Shot Tuesday Thank you Kent
Wild Bird Wednesday Thank you Stewart
ABC Wednesday Thank you Denise, Roger and Team
Outdoors Wednesday Thank you Susan
To continue reading my posts you may click older post below or see the index on the side or pick a popular post from the sidebar or label below. Thanks.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS!!

Also check out my Leukemia Labyrinth
MY ALBUM IS PUBLIC NOW ISLAND RAMBLES

37 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your collages look great.I use Collage-it Pro,or Picture Collage Maker 3.

mick said...

Great photos of beautiful flowers and birds. I see that making a collage of your photos has become very popular - BUT - my eyes have recently decided to get old and tired and I really like to see great photos like yours a bit larger, please!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Nora, I love this so much... You have the greatest birds and views. I just use Picasa free and I know how it works, I feel like I just got to a place where I can do stuff and I can't learn any more. A lot of people seem to be having trouble with Blogger lately... Maybe all that has something to do with the slow start for your new blog.

Thanks for sharing ... I miss the Northwest sometimes something fierce. Then I remember how I hate cold and damp.

Marie said...

Your Z conundrum was funny....great Z words but no photos. It's a hard one to even THINK of! :-) Hope you do better with A. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas & new years and are getting better. God bless you!

Indrani said...

Good one for Z and mosaic. :)
Happy new year to you!

Nora said...

Hey Mick. I feel the same way. I could not figure out how to make the collage larger. Perhaps I will go back to my usual way of picture display.

Nora said...

Ok, thanks Ruth. I will look up those two. I really admire all the apps and programs you use.

Nora said...

Hi Sallie, I used to use the old Picasa Web and then they took away the collage maker and the edit. I guess I could download the Picasa. I am tired of learning new stuff though. I wish there was something really easy and simple. Sallie, it has been raining here all week.

Nora said...

Hi Marie, Yes next week we start all over at A on ABC. Been doing memes for so long now I am like a trained rat. The fun part is looking to see what other people come up with.

Nora said...

Hi Indrani, Happy New Year and look forward to seeing the faces of India on your blog. cheers.

Stephanie said...

I use PicMonkey and Picasa.

Anni said...

I hope this year will be a good one for you Nora.
I like your collage...the birds especially.

Thanks for sharing this link to I'd Rather B Birdin' this week!

eileeninmd said...

I like your bird mosaic.. I use picmonkey to make mosaics or collages... It is free and easy to use.. I will check out your other blog.. I wish you all the best in 2015, a happy healthy New Year!

EG CameraGirl said...

Hi Nora, I make my collages in PhotoShop Elements, which is easy for me NOW because I have used PSE for a long time. I don't think PSE is easy in the beginning though. Yep, I do remember struggling with it as I did NOT find it intuitive and that's how I generally learn things.

Karen said...

I love collages. I use PicMonkey.

Carver said...

Wonderful mosaics. Happy New year!

Fun60 said...

I have left comments on your other blog a couple of times but when I've returned they aren't there so not sure what google worm is creating the problem. I will pop across now from your link and see if a comment registers.

Nora said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nora said...

That was just me above removing my own comment error. I wanted to thank everyone for coming and giving me such good advice and great comments. I was trying out the comment form as I see there is a new screener for the comments, a checkbox and the assurance that I am not a robot. Wonder how they are getting that..

Margaret Adamson said...

Hi Nora This comment will be short as i have written 3 long comments about your other blog and they all disappeared!! Was going to email you but could not find that either. I us Picasa to make collages although I do not do that a lot on blogger as I personally am able to see single shots better and I think other people might find the same things.

Trubes said...

Your collage is wonderful but I too would have liked it to be larger as my eyes are getting rather tired.
I've had a good browse through your site and the photography is superb, I look forward to seeing more,

Best wishes,
Di,
ABCW team.

Trubes said...

Such wonderful photography and I enjoyed the collage and browsing through your site.
I look forward to reading and viewing more of your work.
Best wishes,
Di,
ABCW team.

Nora said...

Thanks so much for all your comments and help. I have found out from all of you that the comment box was not working on my Leukemia Lab blog the whole time! I have tried to change it to the popup box now so need some more comments to see if it is working! Blogger issues are always cropping up, especially with a new blog so I appreciate all your help.I found the new word verification box, it is much better than the old one that I could not see.

Roger Owen Green said...

Came up with LOTS of Z's! I'll check out your other blog.

ROG, ABCW

Gunilla Bäck said...

Beautiful flowers and birds. I've used Picasa a little, but I very seldom make collages.

W. Latane Barton said...

thanks for following my new book review club "Springtime In Magnolia". Good to have you along for the ride.

Rambling Woods said...

I use picasa. It is easy to use Nora.... Michelle

Bethany Carson said...

Beautiful collection of birds!

Nora said...

Thanks MIchelle, I think I will try Picasa. A lot of people said PicMonkey was good. I have PhotoShop but finding it takes too long to do.

Gail Dixon said...

Love your bird collage! I see a few of my favorites in there. Well, all of them. :) Left you a little love at your new place.

ladyfi said...

Lovely collage. Hope you're kicking leukaemia's butt!

Stewart M said...

Thats a great collection of birds!

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Wally Jones said...

I'm afraid I can't help you with any collage ideas. It looks like too much work for my short attention span! Beautiful birds! Okay, I like the flowers, too. Sure hope you're doing well today. I'll drop by your new blog and say hello.

Wally From The Chilly Sunshine State

Powell River Books said...

I haven't tried a collage maker. I'll check out your comments for suggestions. - Margy

Trubes said...

Just started to read but I will have to call back, all seems so interesting... Dinner is served
and husband gets upset if I don't pay attention ...back soon Di xx

Pat Tillett said...

Gorgeous photos Nora!
I'm on my way to check out your other blog...

Nora said...

THANKS THANKS AND MORE THANKS for all these lovely comments!!!!!!

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS