Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora Flower and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Sunsets for Weekends


This is the lake near where I live.  It is called Beaver Lake. Sunset is really early right now.  I took this photo a few days ago. These shots are for Weekend Reflections and Sky Watch.





These photos were also taken also a few days ago.  I increased the color as we have had some gray days.   These were taken at Cattle Point.


I used to live near here and would walk here each evening.  I really miss it and have a hard time still coping with the loss of it. I did not realize that the ocean was my greatest friend of all until I moved away from it.



We were feeding the sea gulls.  We found a Meadowlark there.


Below are some flowers for the flower memes and for the color Blue.  These were out at Butchart Gardens.


And this is for the Pink Saturday.  It is also a Macro shot.  It is one of the only true macro shots I have with a real Macro lens.  I was going to buy one but they are very expensive, so I borrowed one once. I think I can get just as good of a shot by cropping in.



And for the Critter Memes, I have some Cattle from the Highlands. I think he thought I was going to feed him or pat him or something, not sure. He looked very well groomed and brushed today.  The babies in the spring are so cute, you want to bring them home.


I wanted a bit more blue so I remember that my camera saw the ice out at Goldstream as a little bit blue.  There is a tiny waterfall in behind the ice. Good for Blue Monday.



I got mixed up doing this post so now I am back at the lake I live near to, Beaver Lake at sunset.   This is a panorama shot with the little tiny Panasonic FZ200, great little camera.


This camera has some nice easy settings, it has a sunset setting to make everything a little more like a red filter on it.





I took two shots and put them to Black and White for Black and White Weekend.




And now for the Owl in Shadow.  This is the little owl just past my house.  It was late and he was sitting in almost complete shadow. For Shadow Shot. Thanks to all the bloggers who came to visit me last post.  I think all the bloggers I know checked in on me!


Thank you to each of these memes for allowing bloggers to share their story.
Click on any of these links for some great blogs and photos.

Scenic Weekends
Floral Friday Fotos
The Weekend in Black White
Sky Watch Friday
Saturday's Critters
Camera Critters
Weekend Reflections
Shadow  Shot Sunday
I Heart Macro Sunday
Blue Monday






  To continue reading posts you may click older post below or see the index on the side or pick a popular post from the sidebar or label below. Thanks.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS.
to send a friend message to me at Facebook
Also check out my Leukemia Labyrinth

MY ALBUM IS PUBIC NOW ISLAND RAMBLES

43 comments:

  1. Dramatic, awesome skies and superb captures!! Oh, and I do love the owl!! Thanks for sharing the beauty!! Have a lovely weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful set of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sky images are brilliant. Love all the reflection and also the cattle with huge horns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I started viewing your images, I said to myself oh I like that one and then more came along in your post and well, I lost count on which ones I love the most so they are all fantastic shots. That is a great little camera you have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice sunset pics. And the flowers are so very bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, spectacular photos! I was going to pick a fav, but I can't... too many good ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many glorious and gorgeous shots! At least you live near a lake and not far away from some kind of water...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos, Nora! I love the Highland cattle and the owl. Enjoy your weekwnd.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Olá,

    Lindas fotos! Parabéns!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, wow ... that first shot looks like a puddle of sunset. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your water images are absolutely fantastic! You put the love in them.
    JM, Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful b&w photo!
    My post at: https://hanshb.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much beauty here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great sequence of delightful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful series of photos!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Like a pot of gold.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such beautiful skies and love the flowers and animals too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Superb captures Nora - thank you for sharing. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have an amazing assortment of photos. The ice photo was brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  21. you've got some beautiful images here. I like the second one where there are 2 chairs sitting way out there and some one is standing close by.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful skies and love all the color Nora

    ReplyDelete
  23. A great selection of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, the sunset photos are lovely.. Gorgeous colors and reflections! I love the Owl and the cool cattle.
    Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely beautiful series of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful photos, Nora!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a wonderful series, the next one is better than the first. Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous sunset shots! What a beautiful place. Such pretty highland cattle too.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello!:)
    Such beautiful skies and sunsets, I particularly like the sixth one down with the sea gulls. It would make a lovely painting!:) The Highland cattle shot is adorable!:)
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great critters, beautiful colors!
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  31. Delightful sky colours - especially in the first three photos.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your local area looks divine. Great photos!

    Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  33. You know, when I retire my dream is to live on or very near a beach. Also, I love Highland cattle. All in all, you have posted a great series of photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  34. All of your day was lovely to view. Loved the sunsets and the gorgeous little owl.

    ReplyDelete
  35. These sunsets are so amazing! Such a beautiful place! A gorgeous series of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Don't know if my last comment made it!

    Waxwings are great birds! And if the other comment did make it, feel free to delete this one!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would not delete your comments!Stewart you can comment as much as you want to !

      Delete
  37. Wonderfull photografes...

    ReplyDelete
  38. Lovely shots! I have wonderful memories of Vancouver from when we visited.
    Many thanks for your participation in Floral Friday Fotos!

    ReplyDelete
  39. All beautiful photos. When I enlarged, some of them are nothing short of amazing!
    I don't know if I ever told you this before, but many years ago, I drove me old and cranky VW bus from Southern California to Victoria. I drove all that way (and back) to watch a single NHL hockey game, between the LA Kings and Vancouver Canucks. It was very rare for an NHL game to be played on Vancouver Island and I didn't want to miss it. It was played in a very old arena in Victoria. Had a great time...

    ReplyDelete
  40. I have a wonderful family of bloggers. They make me so happy with their nice comments and notes to me. I am glad to know you all.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE THE WORLD OF BLOGGING HAS CHANGED AND THERE ARE TOO MANY SPAMMERS OUT THERE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS