Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora Flower and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Thursday, February 05, 2015

China Beach Sunset Weekend



We went to China Beach the other day.  The tide was low and we stayed until the sunset in the sky.  It is a miracle to stand in the midst of this and wonder at the beauty that is all around you.  I feel such gratitude to nature for giving me this. (there is a video below, if it does not show up, just reload your page or check out my YouTube page.)










These shots are for Sky Watch and Weekend Reflections.


I love sunsets, it is my favorite time of the day.  These two shots below were taken out on my back porch.



This is for Pink Saturday!


I love color but was thinking of Black and White Weekend and put in two black and whites.


These are the cormorants out in Sidney above and these are the trees at Sombrio Beach.  We actually went to Sombrio and China Beach on the same day as the sunset video.


This is the trail to China beach below for a Shadow Shot.


Below are some gulls for the critter weekend memes and some Blue sky for Blue Monday.




That is my city in the background.


My husband wanted to be very tall and we found in his shadow was a very tall man on this beach!


This shot below has my shadow and some Blue and some Mellow Yellow!



Guess What?  It is spring here!  Yup, all the flowers are starting to come out!  My camellia is coming out.  These are for the Flower Memes and they are kinda macro.


I hope you enjoyed this silly blog of mine.  I took a long time on the video as I tried to use Sony Vegas Movie Maker.  Yikes, I could not figure it out, so had to throw out that video and back to the old Windows one.
Thank you to each of these memes for allowing bloggers to share their story.
Click on any of these links for some great blogs and photos.

Scenic Weekends
Floral Friday Fotos
The Weekend in Black White
Sky Watch Friday
Saturday's Critters
Camera Critters
Weekend Reflections
Shadow  Shot Sunday
I Heart Macro Sunday
Blue Monday
Mandarin Orange Monday




  To continue reading posts you may click older post below or see the index on the side or pick a popular post from the sidebar or label below. Thanks.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS.
 Facebook
 Leukemia Labyrinth

MY ALBUM IS PUBIC NOW ISLAND RAMBLES


60 comments:

  1. Love your photos, especially the sunset ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sunset pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful series, love the sunsets and reflections

    ReplyDelete
  4. A whole bunch of fantastic photos! Not much makes me feel better than seeing a beautiful sunset like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos, and I really like your video! No problem playing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nora A beautiful collection of great images. I loved the sunsets and the video was excellent Liked the B & W tree shots and the fun shots of your husband

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - what a glorious sunset! Gorgeous shots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice photos, especially the sunset ones!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spectacular sky shots Nora!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glory, glory, glory! Wonderful sunset images -- but, the video takes the prize. And Strauss music to accompany the scene. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stanley, I visited your lovely site. I could not comment as I am not with Google+. This happens sometimes.

      Delete
  11. Thank you for the nice comment! Loved your header, and I can see that you know how to photograph birds (I don't). I envy you the rhododendrons ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Nora, Glad that you came back to my blog. I love seeing your gorgeous pictures... WOW--China Beach looks like an awesome place. Your pictures are similar to mine from our recent trip to Ocean Isle, North Carolina. I love sunrise and sunset pictures over the water... Yours are TERRIFIC....

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. your corner of the world is amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful and great photo series! Like your video too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. my goodness! just packed full of goodness! beautiful beach, sunsets, skies, trees, cormorants, blooms. loveliness all around!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The sunset is gorgeous and I love the flowers. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful series of images. Love that sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning, scenic sunset glows. The cormorants do shape up well for black and white. And love the shadowy light round the trail lined with tall trees.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You sure do live in a gorgeous part of the world, and you capture that beauty - well, beautifully! :-) Amazing to think it's spring there already. We're actually enjoying a springlike day here in Wyoming today, but we're not fooled - it will be a long time yet before we can even be THINKING of flowers, and even when they finally poke their noses up, it's guaranteed they'll get buried in snow. :-) We loved our visit to Vancouver Island in 2013 - I'd feel blessed to be among all that incredible beauty too! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A great serie!
    Beautiful b&w photos! Well done!
    My post at: https://hanshb.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. My goodness, that is absolutely stunning! What a joy! Thank you for that and also for the wonderful comment about spending time in Emily's garden. Both the sunset and the story were beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Undoubtedly, great photos, I find beautiful sunset on the beach! Wonderful sky!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Effusive serenity in your video and lovely captures!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The skies are stunning and I also love seeing the flowers and birds. Your black and white shots are great. I love color and black and white and a nice mix between the two in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nora- You have a great eye. Very enjoyable images.



    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a true gift. Incredible ocean light in your photos and your video.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Nora!:) Absolutely breathtaking sunset images and I enjoyed the vídeo very much. The walk through the trees to China beach looks wonderful, and I loved all the bird and flower shots too.Lovely post!:)
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely post, the sunsets are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great reflection shot.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a capture,definitely worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello Nora, I love your sunset photos, just gorgeous... And awesome shots of the gulls and cormorants... Thank you for linking up and sharing your post.. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I do like the light on the beach and the squabbling gulls. Nice shots.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  33. j adore les couches de soleil merci du partage ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great photo of the cormorants, and I love the shapes of those tree roots!

    ReplyDelete
  35. As always a wonderful collection, the sunsets are beautiful. Tom The Backroads traveller

    ReplyDelete
  36. Stunning! Great captures, and video too!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous collection of photos !

    ReplyDelete
  38. Pretty. Thanks for dropping by my place. Look forward to checking out your world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow beautiful skies and I love your header. Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wonderful photos. Love the sunset video. I really like seeing the reflection of light and sky in the wet sand. Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  41. ABsolutely wonderful series of photos! Especially I like the B&Wö photo with the cormorants!

    ReplyDelete
  42. oh que c'est si beau

    ReplyDelete
  43. Just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. a stunning sunset indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Magnificent variety of shots! and No Snow!

    Cape Ann MA is a mass of SNOW and more to come ~ thanks for all your color!

    Happy Week to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wow! Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all these lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Gorgeous shots, Nora! The sunsets are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  48. All of your photos are wonderful! I am partial to the bird shots though. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Hi Nora,

    Beautiful blues. Thanks for playing today.

    Happy 1st Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Incredible...such beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Good Morning, Nora! I really enjoyed your post today. What vibrant colors! Hope your week is going well.

    Wally From Blustery Cool Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Nature at its best, great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  53. What a wonderful collection of shots!
    Thank you for participating in Floral Friday Fotos!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Thanks again to my community and blogging family for coming to validate my work here. Each of your comments make my blog more personal and interesting to read. Also I feel very rewarded.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE THE WORLD OF BLOGGING HAS CHANGED AND THERE ARE TOO MANY SPAMMERS OUT THERE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS