Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Flower Weekend


I was shopping at the grocery store and saw so many beautiful flowers.




These are for Floral Friday and Today's Flowers and Macro Sunday.


I came home and saw my Camellia and the tree across the street.



More photos from French Beach.  These are for Scenic Weekend, Weekend Reflections and Sky Watch.




For Shadow Shot, my shadow on the sand, taking pictures.


Some totems for Black and White Weekend.



The baby goats are born now at the petting farm. These are for the Critter memes.



The baby lambs are out in the farm fields now.


Our indigenous Red Squirrel is making a nest.



More Black and White Weekend photos.
Gulls doing a sky ballet.



Thanks so much for all the comments on my last posting.  I am still struggling with eye drops. I was on Beta Blocker mixed drops and got this tinnitus, ringing in my ears and very dizzy.  It is so strange that they have not got an eye drop for glaucoma that does not cause us to have massive side effects. Anyway, next I have to try an eye drop that I am allergic to!  And so on and on it goes.....


Thank you to each of these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story. Click on any of these links for some great blogs and photos.
Scenic Weekends  Floral Friday Fotos  The Weekend in Black White  Sky Watch Friday  Saturday's Critters  Camera Critters
Weekend Reflections   Today's Flowers  Shadow  Shot Sunday   I Heart Macro Sunday
To continue reading posts you may click older post below or see the index on the side or pick a popular post from the sidebar or label below. Thanks.  HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS.



44 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

This set of pictures was like a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day. Thanks.

Stephanie said...

Nora, a few years ago I got eye drops that had no preservatives, it was made especially for me to use within a month and was refrigerated at all times. All of your images are gorgeous especially the flowers.

Sonia said...

Oh such beautiful flowers...I enjoyed all your photographs!
Miss Bloomers

Linda W. said...

Your flower photos are lovely!

Cloudia said...

Riches!

ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
=^..^=

Lori Skoog said...

I needed the color you have provided! The flowers are beautiful as are the rest of your amazing shots. Hope something works to help your eyes very soon.

ladyfi said...

Lovely vibrant flowers and great skies.

Margaret Adamson said...

The flowers are so colourful. Beautiful reflections and great variety of critters. Hope you are well.

Woolly Muses said...

Gorgeous flowers

eileeninmd said...

Gorgeous sky captures, I always enjoy a sunset over the water.. Pretty reflections.. And your flowers are lovely. And the critter are all cute! Have a happy weekend!

Penelope Postcards said...

The squirrel looks industrious with that tuff of moss in its mouth. The baby lambs are sweet and seem to be enjoying the sunny spots on their faces … their vulnerability and cuteness is conflicting because I know many end up on dinner tables.

I wonder if you have tried eye drops that are free of preservatives. Sometimes our eyes like those better. :)

Judy said...

I love those images of the sunset!! And the babies, of course!

Nora said...

Thanks Stephanie, I asked the eye doctors (two) for preservative free drops and they told me they are not available in Canada! I would like to know the name of the drops that you did find without preservatives in them.

Nora said...

Thanks Penelope Postcards, Yes I was so happy to see the little indigenous squirrel as the Gray Squirrels have driven all of them out of our area. I have been asking the eye doctors for preservative free drops for several years and have been told they are not available in Canada.

HansHB said...

Lovely serie!
Your b&w photos are great!
My post at: https://hanshb.wordpress.com/

Audrey said...

se qu ils sont beaux tout ces animaux ;o)

Fun60 said...

Those sunsets look so peaceful, what a beautiful way to end the day.

Robert Nicolaescu said...

Wonderful post for the end of the week.

EG CameraGirl said...

Gorgeous susets, Nora!

Tom said...

Great flowers and sunsets. Tom The Backroads Traveller

Nora said...

Oh my goodness ....go to Margaret's blog and see what she has. She has a moose being born on the front lawn in Nova Scotia.

Penelope Postcards said...

Nora, There are eye drops with no preservatives available at some Canadian optometrist offices that purchase their products from the US. Retaine is the brand with which I am familiar. It is a box of single-dose containers that I can purchase from my optometrist.

Nora said...

Thanks so much Penelope Postcards. I will look into these eye drops. They are for dry eyes only though and I am needing to find Glaucoma drops that are without preservatives in them in Canada. It is good to know about Retaine, I use another dry eye drop and sometimes it is not available in Canada. I am so thankful to my world-wide and local bloggers who come to help me.

Nora said...

Stephanie and I connected up! And I got some more information on preservative free glaucoma drops from her and will do some more research tomorrow. I love my blogging family. Perhaps one day Stephanie and I will meet.

Viera said...

Wondeerful photos... the sun set is amazing...

LonettA said...

Wonderful series of photos! Great variety! Especially I like the birds in B&W!

Dragonstar said...

The totems are fascinating, and I love the gulls.

Nicola SeaThreePeeO Carpenter said...

Wonderful set of pictures.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Such joyful pictures Nora, especially miraculous when I know that you can't be feeling full of joy at every moment right now. I'm so glad you are able to enjoy life most of the time in spite of the curveballs its throwing you right now. Love all the pictures ... Baby goats always make me laugh. It's so funny how they are practically born playing King of the hill!

Jane Hards Photography said...

You have a beautiful island, so diverse in fauna and flora. Photographed with love ad affection, which shines through

Derek said...

Thanks for this very varied collection of photos. I particularly like the squirrel one.

Have a nice Sunday.

Gunilla B├Ąck said...

I love all the flowers. They're so gorgeous. The goats and the lambs are so cute and who can resist an adorable squirrel. I loved your post, Nora.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Nora, I am just stopping back to say thank you for linking up and sharing your post.. Have a happy day!

carol l mckenna said...

Love all your great critter shots ~ Squirrel one is pretty special!

Happy Week to you,
artmusedog and carol

Betsy Adams said...

Hi Nora, So sorry about your eye problems. Hope the drops help.

Beautiful flowers... It feels so good to see some color especially this time of year when things are so dreary here... Thanks for sharing.

Hugs,
Betsy

Pat said...

Great shots. Vancouver is one of our favorite places and it is so good to see the images.

Rambling Woods said...

It looks like you might be able to,find eye drops without preservatives? But I LOVE the flowers and wildlife... Spring soon please... Michelle i

retriever said...

Wow, wonderfull colors, greeting from Mons in Belgium .

http://louisette.eklablog.com

psychelyn said...

Awesome ensemble of colors. How nice to look at.

DeniseinVA said...

Incredible post, so much to focus on, outstanding photos! Thank you for linking with Today's Flowers. I appreciate it very much :)

Nick V. said...

Lovely shots and a great selection of subjects. The flowers are stunning.
Thanks for joining us on Floral Friday Fotos, hope to see more of your work in the weeks ahead!

Pat Tillett said...

GORGEOUS photos Nora!

Marie said...

Sorry you are going through so much! Your flower photos are beautiful!

abrianna said...

Beautiful flowers! I also participate in the The Weekend in Black and White!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS