Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora Flower and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Friday, February 20, 2015

Mystic and French Beach



We went back to Mystic and French Beach the other day and arrived at French Beach again for the sunset.  It was not as good as the last sunset video I did, but it still was nice.  I was using the art progam embedded in the Pansonic GH4 for some of the shots. I don't like it now. It is so dark.




These photos are for Sky Watch and Weekend Reflections.





Below is a shot out at Mystic Beach and it is for Shadow Shot. Hubby with his tall shadow friend.  For Scenic Weekends.


There are these cool caves at one end of Mystic Beach.



There is a waterfall at the other end of Mystic Beach.  Two young boys were in the water swimming! (the water is cold here).   One boy stood on the rocks.  He was from England.  The boys were walking the Juan de Fuca Trail.  You have to click on these photos to see them at their best with the waterfall.


Below are some shots from Butchart Gardens.


These were taken in the Prelude to Spring.  For Pink Saturday and Macro Sunday.


for Floral Friday and Today's Flowers


for Mellow Yellow

This photo above was taken last year as it is too early for the tulips at the Butchart Gardens. But the baby lambs are all starting to be born at the some of the farms.   These are for the Critter Memes.




We found black beauty out in Metchosin.


We found a Ring-necked Duck reflecting at Kings Pond.  For Black and White Weekend.


And at the end a Steller's Jay or as I call them, Blue Jay and I know it is incorrect!  It is Blue, for Blue Monday.  This Steller's Jay was eating small fish at Goldstream.


Thanks so much for all your lovely comments on my last blog.
It really cheered me up!  And thank you for all the wonderful
information everyone told me about eyes.  I did learn a lot.

This Week In Review:
Every week something new happens to me!  Sometimes good, sometimes bad!  This week, we were driving home from birding and we saw the Police Emergency Response Team all in front of a house being taken down near our house.  We were stopped and a bomb went off right to the side of me.  They were practicing how to blow off doors and walls.   Thus giving me a good case of tinnitus and dizzy head. I am so annoyed.  You would think they would have blocked the road a good distance from the bomb.  I have a mind to call them.

Thank you to each of these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story. Click on any of these links for some great blogs and photos.
Scenic Weekends  Floral Friday Fotos  The Weekend in Black White  Sky Watch Friday  Saturday's Critters  Camera Critters
Weekend Reflections   Today's Flowers  Shadow  Shot Sunday   I Heart Macro Sunday  Blue Monday  Mellow Yellow Monday
To continue reading posts you may click older post below or see the index on the side or pick a popular post from the sidebar or label below. Thanks.  HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS.



33 comments:

  1. Wonderful serie, great b&w photos!
    My post at: https://hanshb.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous series Nora, amazing skies and reflections. I'm so glad you will be linking up with I Heart Macro Sunday evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos from Vancouver Island with beautiful reflections. Have a wonderful weekend.
    http://happywonderer.com/2015/02/20/week-and-weekend-reflections/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos as always. You'd think that a notice would have been sent out for the neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful set of pictures. The water and sunsets are always relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see open water... Beautiful photos Nora... Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - beautiful sunsets and beach scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful sunsets. Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous shots from the beach. I love the flowers and the sheep. Have a happy weekend, Nora.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What glorious colours in your sky!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing pictures. The colours in those sky shots are simply wonderful and I really love the black and white duck shot. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your black and photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a wonderful area! And all these flowers! The sunset is breathtaking! An amazing series of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiflu pictures and a fantastic sunset

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty sunset, lovely captures. And I love the cute lambs, horses and the birds. Wonderful post! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post.. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have never been close to where a bomb has gone off. It must be horribly noisy! Your photos are always wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Incredibly beautiful scenes and photographs. I personally love the sheep - so calming!
    Have a Lovely Day!!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great series. The water flowing to the sea and the second magnolia are particularly gorgeous. Thanks for such a beautiful tour.

    ReplyDelete
  19. the sunsets are gorgeous as are all the flowers. I love the B & W shots of the handsome horse and the ducks. Have a great weekend Nora..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful variety of photos ~ Beach looks very inviting and love the sheep!

    Happy Weekend to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful shots. Love the little lambs.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are so good at this!!!! gorgeous shots.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic series of photos! So much to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pure gold! How very very beautiful.

      Delete
  24. few lambs appearing here.

    love the ring necked duck reminds me of a tufty!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Nora!:) Lovely series of shots! The sunsets are gorgeous, and I loved seeing all the animals and birds.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Excellent photos of the sky ! I love these colours !
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  27. The waterfall by the beach is certainly a glorious sight. And lovely markings on the duck highlighted by the black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wonderful photos! Ooh, those great sunsets! I am so sorry to hear about the demolition team setting off a bomb so near you and causing you problems...weird! You would think the whole road would have been blovked off, and if you had to pass because you lived there, they would have waited till you went through!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Nora,

    I love the blue bird you're showing. Thanks for playing today.

    Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So many beautiful photographs! Thank you so much for linking with Today's Flowers. I very much appreciate your support and wish you a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Delightful shots, as usual!
    Thanks for participating in Floral Fridays Fotos, I look forward to your next offering!

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE THE WORLD OF BLOGGING HAS CHANGED AND THERE ARE TOO MANY SPAMMERS OUT THERE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS