Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Thursday, February 12, 2015

The Weather




The weather is very foggy and wet here.  So here are two eagle photos from the past files.  I know I should not complain as many of you are having snow storms.  I hope your weather improves.



And below are two eagle photos I took a few days ago out at Goldstream.
For Black and White Weekend and for the Critter Memes.



For Sky Watch and Scenic Weekend below out at Cattle Point.



Island View Beach below.




This is for Weekend Reflections below.  It is at Butchart Gardens. In the shop window the opposite white Restaurant window is reflecting.



Now for the good news.  All the Flowers Are Coming Out.


Flowers at the gas station above. (Flowers are where you can find them!)  These are for the Flower carnivals.


Butchart Gardens, Blue Iris for Blue Monday.


A Macro Shot of a Camellia above.  Looks good if you click on it.


The above shot was inside the Butchart's Prelude to Spring.



Below are some Orange and Yellow Tulips ready to burst into spring.




HAPPY VALENTINES TO ALL MY BLOGGERS!
HAVE A HAPPY DAY!


Thank you to each of these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story. Click on any of these links for some great blogs and photos.
Scenic Weekends  Floral Friday Fotos  The Weekend in Black White  Sky Watch Friday  Saturday's Critters  Camera Critters
Weekend Reflections   Today's Flowers  I Heart Macro Sunday  Blue Monday
To continue reading posts you may click older post below or see the index on the side or pick a popular post from the sidebar or label below. Thanks.  HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS.



42 comments:

  1. You are so good in keeping up with the memes, so many to remember to do at one time. :-)) I can't decide which are my favorites. All are gorgeous images!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers and birds. I never tire of seeing the Eagles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first photo looks like something out of National Geographic! Beautiful shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the eagle photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thrilling! Particularly the top shot!


    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those eagle shots are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredible shots. I like how you have matched them with different themes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely spring flower shots. Our flowers are all drying up and looking sad. We need rain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Eagles are amazing and the flowres have brightened up a drainy day here. Thanks for the Valentine's card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful collection of images. The eagles are cool and lovely sky shots.. The flowers are all beautiful. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All beautiful shots. I love critters, particularly, and sky scenes, and trees, and....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos of the flowers! But your photos of the eagles are just fantastic. And I love the photo in your header of the lighthouse.

    ReplyDelete
  13. From birds to beaches to flowers - you have Valentine's Day covered!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful series of photos. the eagle in the first photo is a grand looking character. And such a lovely play of light across the water.

    ReplyDelete
  15. They,re beautiful! Have a great Valentine,s Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great serie!
    Lovely b&w photos!
    My post at: https://hanshb.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Nora, just stopping back to say thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post.. Have a happy Valentine's Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great shots, I particularly like the Eagles

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great photos of the eagles!
    Happy Valentines :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous photos of the eagles. They're very handsome birds. I love the camellia and the tulips as well. Have a great weekend, Nora!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic shots of the eagles, Nora! Lovely to see all the flowers, too. Our pear tree has started blooming. It's always the first, but even here in south TX we can still get a freeze - hopefully not! Happy St Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear June you have a lovely blog but I can't figure out how to comment yet. I will try again.

      Delete
  22. Wonderful series of photos ~ BW shots of the Eagles are excellent!

    Happy Weekend to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the dreamlike sequence of all these gorgeous images!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have some lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  25. It was a great pleasure to see all these wonderful photographs. Thank you for sharing with a Today's Flowers, and I wish you a very happy weekend :

    ReplyDelete
  26. What wonderful colors in today's post, Nora! Of course, I'm partial to your Eagles. Fantastic!
    Have a great weekend!

    Wally In Sunny But Cool Florida

    ReplyDelete
  27. I always enjoy seeing photos of the Bald Eagle. Yours are fantastic Nora. Have a Very Happy Valentine's Day and a great week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. those flowers how lovely

    ReplyDelete
  29. the eagle images are fabulous. all your views are pretty, but my oh my there are no flowers here.

    ReplyDelete
  30. All absolutely wonderful photos! Wow! I enjoyed my visit.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello Nora!:) Many thanks for your last comment.:) It was a vírus, but it now has been sorted out by my son. Lovely post Nora!:) The eagles, panaramas with beautiful sky shots, and all the lovely flowers are fabulous.
    Best regards
    Sonjia.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a beautiful series Nora. Your comment on my blog really touched my heart, thank you, and thanks of course for sharing the love up-close with I Heart Macro:-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Every picture is lovely! Wonderful to include Butchart Gardens in a Valentine post ... It is the most amazing place. How I'd love to visit your area again. I only have one problem ... I'm working on a post about our local eagles and your photos are so much better that I'm almost embarrassed to post mine. But then again, if I waited for my pictures to be as good as yours I'd never post a thing. Thanks for sharing,

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful eagle pix! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lovely post! Wonderful flowers and loved the eagles!
    Thanks for participating in Floral Friday Fotos, hope to see your new contributions this week.

    ReplyDelete
  36. thanks for sharing all your nature study photos, the eagles are amazing creatures


    my blog moved to www.pearlmaple.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Nora... I offer peanuts in the shell and peanut hearts. The peanuts in the shell are taken off by the blue jays and poked into by the woodpeckers if they are secure in a feeder. During cold times the peanuts out of the shell are taken off by" woodpeckers, chickadees, nuthatches, blue jays. They are a high energy, high fat nut like sunflower. I also have shelled sunflower hearts and all the birds love them.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks so much for these wonderful, caring, intelligent, delightful comments...they add more to my blog than I possibly could. Each of your unique personalities come through and make my blog more interactive.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Please do not link in a comment, I have to then delete as there is too much spam going on.
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE THE WORLD OF BLOGGING HAS CHANGED AND THERE ARE TOO MANY SPAMMERS OUT THERE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS