Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Welcome to my blog world. This is a photo blog about my life on Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Happy Weekend Photos



This was the sky over my city last night from up on Mount Tolmie.
For Sky Watch Friday. (taken with cell phone) It is always a gift when you get an unexpected sunset.






For Weekend Reflections and Scenic Weekend, two photos of Elk Lake.


For Black and White Weekend a shot from the bridge at Esquimalt Lagoon.

Two critters for the Saturday critters Memes.  A gosling reflecting and  Peacock from Beacon Hill Park.



The daffodils are coming out finally. For Mellow Yellow.


For Macro Monday, Foxgloves.


For Blue Monday, also flowers are for Today's Flowers, Floral Friday.


The trees are coming into blossom now.  Hopefully Spring is on the way.



Thank you to each of these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story. Click on any of these links for some great blogs and photos.
Scenic Weekends  Floral Friday Fotos  The Weekend in Black White  Sky Watch Friday  Saturday's Critters  Camera Critters
Weekend Reflections   Today's Flowers   Macro Monday2 Blue Monday 
To continue reading posts you may click older post below or see the index on the side or pick a popular post from the sidebar or label below. Thanks.  HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS.



22 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning shots. Loved the monochrome a lot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous photos for so many memes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A charming collection Nora, especially those sunbursts on the lake! Thank you for sharing your stunning part of our world. Happy weekend to you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely sunrise, flowers and reflections!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful series Nora...so nice to see your photos again..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm ready to hike Elk Lake

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are so beautiful, and I love the black and white - beautiful viewed large!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love seeing the skies there, and the reflections, trees, flowers, and birds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful early spring photos Nora. I miss that season pretty much entirely since we are in Florida (and by the time we get home to Oregon daffodils, flowering trees and etc etc have all pretty much finished bloominng)... Summer all year round for us sort of, which in many ways is good (that's why we're here), but in some ways is not. No daffodils.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WoW! This is a fantastic set of pictures.You have captured the beauty of nature so well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You posted gorgeous photos for all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, prety capture of the sky and the reflections. The gosling is adorable. Great post. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not been able to reply to these comments. Right when I published this we all found out a blog friend had died in an accident along with her husband.

      Delete
  13. Gorgeous photos! That first one should win an award.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous skies and reflections! I also love the gosling and the peacock.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the reflections!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the sky and reflections you got there, all are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic photos! Many apologies for being late to comment but I have not had much computer time this past week. Thank you for sharing with Today's Flowers, and I wish you a very happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Muito linda as fotos
    Leila

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS