Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text

Monday, February 29, 2016

Hope


For Ruby Tuesday and Our World Tuesday.  Hope never abandons you, you abandon it.” -George Weinberg




“The birds of hope are everywhere, listen to them sing.” -Terri Guillemets   
For Wild Bird Wednesday and ABC Wednesday


Can anyone ID the Hawk above. I am not sure who he is.


This is a Cooper's Hawk in the backyard.


This is a Hairy Woodpecker above, found him out at Goldstream.



This is a Hudsonian Godwit above and this is a Horned Lark below. The Horned Lark was at Cattle Point and the Godwit was at the Golf Club.


For Black and White Wednesday and Water World Wednesday


Elk Lake in Black and White and Horses at Island View Beach. Hubby shows acrobatics on one leg now.



For Outdoor Wednesday the Flowers at Butchart Gardens and a nice white fence.





For Good Fences Thursday, this is a nice fence driveway out in Brentwood.
Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops… at all.”  -Emily Dickinson




Humming bird babies in the nest at my son's house.


For Little Things Thursday, little tiny humming bird, sitting out on my deck..

“A lesson for all of us is that for every loss, there is victory, for every sadness, there is joy, and when you think you’ve lost everything, there is hope.” ―Geraldine Solon

I am still shocked at the passing of a member of our blogging group, Tina.  It brings back memories of other bloggers and forum members I have met and lost along the way.  It reminds me how deeply we get to know each other from reading each other's blogs and sharing our photos. It just seems so final. But Tina's blog will remain up I hope and she has many great photos and posts there. You can plan your inactive account manager here in your Google Account if you want to.  There is also a post here with helpful details of what happens to these accounts.
Eileen has posted the info on services for Tina and Tom.
******************************************

We are at the letter "H" for Hope at the ABC Meme this week.
Thank you to these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story.  Click on these links to find great blogs and photos.
The Bird D'pot  RubyTuesdayToo  Our World Tuesday    Wild Bird Wednesday ABC Wednesday  Outdoors Wednesday  Black and White Wednesday  Water World Wednesday GoodFences Thursday Little Things Thursday

To continue reading my posts you may click older post below or see the index on the side or pick a popular post from the sidebar or label below. Thanks.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS!!

38 comments:

  1. Wonderful images! I am still at a loss over Tina's passing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful array of our feathered friends ~ lovely photography and love the totem photo!

    Happy Week to you ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I'm not a birder, I don't know if there are several kinds of wood peckers, but I saw one last year on one of our trees (no camera:( ) and I was surprised that it was such a tiny bird! Such a romantic view of the horses on the beach!
    Hope you don't mind adding my new meme/Linky Seasons to your list. The link is open from Mon.-Wed., so there is still time.The post is called "Seasons-Curious about March" and any experience in a Season goes! Would be thrilled if you would add one of these pics! Enjoy your week:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try to get to the next linky.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful set of pictures.Each one shows the details so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the quote and the pretty birds and flower pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos of all the birds. I especially like the little Hummingbirds. I would love to see a Hudsonian Godwit which is the only member of that group that I haven't seen. Nice to see Butchart Gardens are still as beautiful as I remember them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just had one Hudsonian visit our Golf Club for a rest a while ago. The Butchart Gardens are even
      more and more beautiful as time passes.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful photos! Just looking at it quickly, and seeing the black belly band, could it be a Red-tail?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure, perhaps it could be a Red-Tail.

      Delete
  8. Hello, what a wonderful variety of birds. The spring blooms are beautiful too. Great post and lovely photos. have a happy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. It has been a rough week for us bloggers.

      Delete
  9. Great bird photos there. It is difficult to get my head round the fact that one minute we are here and the next we are gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't seem to get myself back into blogging again after this. I just feel like I lost my inspiration. Blogging seems so isolating. We have all these blogging friends we love and we never get to meet them and then they die. Also blogging is so limiting. Unless you are connecting at Facebook, emails and twitter you are limited to reading comments. There must be a better way to connect bloggers. I don't know what it is.

      Delete
  10. Really nice photos Nora! Lots of them also!
    I've only been to Butchart Gardens once, but I've never forgotten how beautiful it was.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! My favorites are the hummingbirds. Recently, I visited an aviary full of them and it was a great experience to be close to them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful images, and lovely birds. We recently moved to Las Vegas, and I am still trying to figure out all of the birds that are surprisingly live there. Will have to take some pictures of them soon - blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your birds and flowers are as wonderful as ever and I am so glad you are back... And I miss the Pacific Northwest a lot this time of year. Your acrobatic hubby made me smile ... He gave that perfect scene just exactly the right whimsical touch. Tina's death made me so sad. It certainly pointed out how much our blog friendships mean... How we get to know each other.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely love your tiny little hummer!!@ how sweet ...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your first pic is a Red-tailed Hawk. Really lovely images and I'll never forget Tina. What a sad thing have happen:( I'm just reminded how life can be taken away from us at any moment. Keep your chin up and enjoy the week ahead. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful photos! Love the two hawks! So sad about Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely to have found another Island blogger, and your photos are lovely. The baby hummingbird - now that is a lovely image!

    ReplyDelete
  18. your shots are so springy. so happy & uplifting, considering we are having snow in Virginia, USA. right now. wow wee. i am a bit envious of you and your warm times. i hopped over to see your fences. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful array of birds, blooms, fences. Those pretty pink trees are one of my favorites in spring.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great captures, Nora! I especially love those little hummers. Looking for their return here in south TX any day now. I agree with Chris, the first hawk is a red-tailed hawk. I've found the CornellLab website allaboutbirds {dot} org to be helpful when trying to id birds. You might want to check it out. Have a wonder-filled week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely captures. Those gardens look so pretty and the acrobatics look like you've been having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Its a nice hawk what ever we come to call it. The loss of a blogger who I have never met is a strange thing. A very modern experience I suppose.

    Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is strange Stewart to feel the loss of a blogger we never met in person. We did meet Tina though. We met her in her hundreds and hundreds of blogs and photos, always uplifting always showing her love of nature, always showing us some small insignificant thing in nature that we may overlook in our busy lives. She took pictures of leaves, small tiny elements of nature, and her last pictures were of ice. She will never read the comments on her blog now. A lot of us schedule our blogs to publish at a certain time, I think her ice blog was scheduled and came out after the accident. She was one of Canada's most prolific Canadian bloggers on nature.

      Delete
  23. Hello Nora, I really enjoyed your photos & quotes. I really love the beauty around you & you are blessed to see so much wildlife.
    Have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sorry it's taken a while for me to visit....busy week! Yes, I agree with Chris [above comment]...that's a red tailed hawk [the belly band is the distinctive ID marking].
    Fabulous photos. My favorite today is the darling baby hummers!

    Thanks so much for sharing this most perfect post at I'd Rather B Birdin' this week. Enjoyed the flowers and flowering trees too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. sweet birds. :) love the fence view, too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi,
    Beautiful shots. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The layers on the hummingbirds head are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Please do not link in a comment, I have to then delete as there is too much spam going on.
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS