Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text

Thursday, February 04, 2016

Reflecting Sunset



A sunset at Elk Lake for Sky Watch and Weekend Reflections.




The sunflowers last summer in my yard and flowers below from Butchart Gardens last fall for the Flower memes and Mellow Yellow.


 A little bit of macro.

Two Eagles at Rockheights Park a few weeks ago for the critters.
Young eagle at Goldstream in the shadows for Shadow Shot.


Common Merganser reflecting at Swan Lake for Weekend Reflections.

Here is a momma deer and her baby near Goldstream last spring for the critter memes.


This is Fisgard lighthouse again, for black and white weekend. My hubby looks like an old time lighthouse keeper but notice he now has my lens on his camera as it is too heavy for me to carry.

These black and whites are taken at Fort Rodd where Fisgard Lighthouse is.  I am using some of the art programs installed on the
Panasonic GH4.


Thank you to each of the bloggers who returned to visit me and leave a comment.  I really appreciated hearing from you again and to visit your blogs.  I sometimes cannot comment back right away. I had a cataract operation on one eye recently. I am so happy to see the familiar faces and to read each of your notes was very rewarding for me.

***********************************************

Thank you to each of these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story. Click on any of these links for some great blogs and photos.
Scenic Weekends  Floral Friday Fotos  The Weekend in Black White  Sky Watch Friday  Saturday's Critters  Camera Critters
Weekend Reflections   Today's Flowers  Shadow  Shot Sunday   I Heart Macro Sunday Macro Monday2 Mellow Yellow Monday
To continue reading posts you may click older post below or see the index on the side or pick a popular post from the sidebar or label below. Thanks.  HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS.



51 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful pictures.The sunset id gorgeous and the bright flowers look so good.

Anna said...

I like your collection of flowers, birds and the sun set is marvelous. A wonderful Weekend ahead, Anna

eileeninmd said...

Hello, your sunset is stunning. Beautiful collection of flowers. Lovely photos. Happy skywatching, enjoy your weekend!

Jim said...

Brilliant sky shots.

jeannettestgermain said...

Gorgeous sunset, and the deer are heart warming, they're all around (for you, my new home), but I'm an itsy bitsy jealous at the eagles! We're at 3000 feet still too low for that. Have a great weekend! In a few weeks am starting a meme called Seasons- would be happy if you could join!

Fun60 said...

What a glorious sunset.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Stunning light colours in the sky and on the water, and the young eagle seems to be patterned with a lovely shadow design.

Sylvia K said...

Awesome captures of such incredible beauty!! They took my breath away!! And such a great variety of beauty!!! I hope you have a great weekend! Enjoy!!

Light and Voices said...

Wonderful photographs. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to what you will post next week. Happy Ground Hog's Day!
JM, Illinois

Stephanie said...

Nora, beautiful sunset image!!!

abrianna said...

Beautiful dahlias!

thehiddenpanorama.com said...

The colorful photos of the sky displayed at the top is the best...perfect sky with inclusion of human in the middle...its really nice one

Pat Tillett said...

Wow! These photos are all beautiful. The first one is amazing! As you know, I also love black and white photos. Yours are great!

Linda W. said...

Oh, what an awesome sunset!

ladyfi said...

Gorgeous shots! I really like the black and white ones.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

That's a really stunning sunset shot!! Great capture.

Nora said...

Thanks so much Ruth! Nice to see you.

Nora said...

Anna thanks for the visit! have a wonderful weekend too.

Nora said...

Hi Eileen, happy sky watching to you as well, have a great weekend.

Nora said...

Hi Jim, thanks so much!

Nora said...

Hi Jeannette, yes I will look up your Season meme, thanks so much. Great idea by the way.

Nora said...

Thanks Fun60, I always enjoy your travels.

Nora said...

Thanks Gemma, nice to see your blogs again! thanks!

Nora said...

Hi Sylvia, I always enjoy your sunsets, you are the master of all sunsets.

Debbie at Travel with Intent said...

Nice mix of pics!

Indrani said...

Stunning capture of sunset.
You have done well with B&W treatment to the images.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

beautiful

thedeezone.com said...

Nice sunset

Wally Jones said...

Well, hello, Nora! How wonderful to see your post!
Spectacular images, all! I tried to pick a favorite but just couldn't. Love 'em all equally.

joo said...

Lovely photos! I like the sunset shot, but my favourite are Eagles! Have a grat weekend:)

Pete Duxon said...

hi nora nice to see you back

Dragonstar said...

Beautiful black and white images. I particularly like the light and composition of the second. I hope your eye surgery went well. I can't imagine anything worse for a photographer than damaged vision (my husband has macular degeneration, so I feel for you.)

DeniseinVA said...

A lovely post with wonderful photographs. I loved the flowers from Butchart Gardens as it brought back memories of a trip we took there about 10 years ago. Fabulous place! Your other photos of skies, birds, deer and the wonderful black and white photos of the lighthouse, especially the one with your husband, which was a perfect fit for an old time photo, was delightful. Thank you so much for sharing with Today's Flowers and I wish you a very happy weekend.

AlexaT said...

Beautiful collection! Like an invitation to have a walk and to admire nature! Greetings of good health and a pleasant weekend!

Robert Nicolaescu said...

Beautiful post.

Cranberry Morning said...

I always love seeing a pair of eagles. What majestic birds! But that sunset takes first prize. What beauty!

Nick V. said...

Lovely silhouette in that first image!
You may like to share at the Saturday Silhouettes meme also:
http://nixpixmix.blogspot.com.au/2016/02/saturday-silhouettes-33.html

Marie C said...

Absolutely stunning!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Hi Nora. I thought EVERYONE knew me. *wink*

Love having you visit. (buy lots of books, I need the infamy.)

sandyland said...

merganser and deer so lovely

marsha said...

Beautiful photos

JP A Quiet Corner said...

Nora, this is my first time by...I think but I will be back!...:)JP

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love all the birds and teh pretty deer. The eagles are always a treat to see. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

Laura said...

Beautiful beautiful series Nora! I hope your eyes heal well and completely. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a kind comment and share the love up-close with I Heart Macro ♥

robin andrea said...

I am so happy to see photos here of your very beautiful world. Thank you thank you!

Marie C said...

Such beautiful photos! Love each selection for the different memes.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oh Nora! I am so glad you are back blogging -- everything is beautiful.

Nick V. said...

Delightful shots!
Many thanks for participating in the Floral Friday Fotos meme.

Reader Wil said...

Breath-taking!
Wil, ABCWTeam

Rambling Woods said...

Oh beautiful color Nora

Gunilla B├Ąck said...

Wonderful photos! I love the sunset and the dahlias.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS