Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text

Friday, February 12, 2016

Very Dark Night


Though my soul may set in darkness,
it will rise in perfect light.
I have loved the stars too fondly
to be fearful of the night.
(Sarah Williams quote)



For Sky Watch and Weekend Reflections. Photos taken at Elk Lake a few weeks ago.  It was very dark night at the lake. I added color as they were not so pretty. I love the night and have always loved the dark and the dark sky and stars since I was a young child. Do you love the dark sky?


For Scenic Weekend.




Mylitta Crescent Butterfly above and Pine White below. Photos taken last summer.  We really enjoyed the butterflies. My first year taking photos of them.


For I Heart Macro Sunday and Macro Monday2.




For Blue Monday, Today's Flowers and Floral Friday Fotos. Steller's Jay in the backyard.  They are raiding the bird feeders. Cheeky.



For Black and White Weekend and Weekend Reflections, dark trees reflecting in the lake.


For Camera Critters and Saturday's Critters.  We named this bear Big Pappy.  The other bears steered clear of him.  I really love bears. And now the Columbus Ohio Zoo has a new baby Polar Bear called Nora.    Click to see video of this baby bear. Oh my, so cute. I want one.




Happy Valentines Day!  Thanks so much for all your lovely comments.  I am so happy you all came to see my blog!
I am sick this week, hopefully will get around to your blogs later in the week.
******************************************************
Thank you to each of these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story. Click on any of these links for some great blogs and photos.
Scenic Weekends  Floral Friday Fotos  The Weekend in Black White  Sky Watch Friday  Saturday's Critters  Camera Critters
Weekend Reflections   Today's Flowers  Shadow  Shot Sunday   I Heart Macro Sunday Macro Monday2 Blue Monday
To continue reading posts you may click older post below or see the index on the side or pick a popular post from the sidebar or label below. Thanks.  HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS.




30 comments:

Dragonstar said...

Your black and white reflections are lovely - I particularly like the light in the second photo.

Jim said...

Beautiful reflections.
Sydney – City and Suburbs

Clairejustine oxox said...

The reflections on the water are stunning!! Popping over from Black and White Weekend :)

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

I love twilight, flutterbys, bees...well...critters. Enjoyed

eileeninmd said...

Hello, how cool to have a bear named after you Nora! I love the Jays and your beautiful scenic shots. The quote is lovely too. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

ladyfi said...

Gorgeous sky shots!

Denise inVA said...

Great photos! Your butterflies, bee, bird and bear are delightful and your skies are gorgeous.

Anni said...

Love the water scenes...and that bear photo is outstanding!!! Of course I think the stellar jay is awesome...both in color and the species!

Stephanie said...

Wonderful images on show!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oh Nora we are so fortunate that you have come back to blogging when you can. Each of your pictures is a gift. I am so happy that you love bears and aren't afraid to take pictures of them. I like starry nights, but don't get much of a chance to be out in nature at night anymore. Thanks for sharing your night skies.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Lovely pictures. Hope you feel better soon.

thehiddenpanorama.com said...

i like the most the second photo of the lake

Gemma Wiseman said...

Delightful views of the lake, and so love the detail in your beautiful butterfly photos.

sandyland said...

fantastic entries

Roy Norris said...

I look forward to Butterfly shooting Nora. Our first ones will hopefully be about mid March.

Gunilla B├Ąck said...

Another great collection of photos! I enjoyed them all. Take care!

Marie C said...

The perfect poem for your perfect nightly views! Just beautiful! Love the bear...is he a wild bear? And also those wonderful macros of the butterflies, flowers and bees. The reflection of the trees is really great too,

Nora said...

Sally I was unable to post a comment on your blog. I am not on google+. I will try another sign in. Thank you for your comments here.

edenhills said...

Beautiful images!

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

All such amazing photos - those night ones are magical!
It looks like you were right next to that bear - but I imagine you have a great zoom lens.
Happy Blue Monday!
Shane

SmilingSally said...

Hi Nora,

Your link works fine. Sometimes it takes a minute to register.

Yes, I love the night sky, but my favorite is gorgeous blue. Thanks for sharing.

Have a Happy Blue Monday!

robin andrea said...

Love seeing all the wildlife, flowers, and beautiful reflections there. It's good to see life through your lens again! So glad to have you back and blogging.

kutukamus said...

Big Pappy looks so menacingly wise :)

LV said...

Wonderful post filled with great sights and beauty.

JP A Quiet Corner said...

Unlike you, I can never get photos to come out when taken at night!!...:)JP

Nora said...

Yes Roy, I hope we get to see a Butterfly in March. It has been so cold here.

Nora said...

Hello, Thanks for your comment. I was using a 400 lens at that time.

Nick V. said...

Delightful post, Nora. I love the flowers.
Thank you for joining us at the Floral Friday Fotos meme.
PS:
Have you seen my Saturday Silhouettes meme? Those first three images are perfect for it!
http://nixpixmix.blogspot.com.au/search/label/Saturday_Silhouette

Pat Tillett said...

Your photos are always beautiful! This group is no exception...

Robert Nicolaescu said...

Beautiful post.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS