Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text

Friday, March 25, 2016

Blooming Flowers




I have flowers for everyone today!   These are all from the Finnerty Gardens at the University of Victoria.  It is all in bloom right now!
It was raining when I took these.  Just the kind of rain that is soft and gentle so I did not mind.



Floral Friday




Nix Pages Friday Green


This looks like snow, but it is the petals of the magnolia. (I just noticed that you can see the umbrella on this shot, my eyes are not so great!)

Today's Flowers




Pink Saturday




Mellow Yellow Monday



Macro Monday



Mosaic Monday

These flowers in the mosaic are from last summer at Butchart Gardens.

Through My Lens Monday


Thanks so much for all the birthday wishes on my last post! I am slowly getting around to comment on your blogs.

I put in my posts for a few days as I have very bad eyes and only
one eye works and sometimes it is not working if on the computer too much.

Thank you to each of these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story. Click on any of these links for some great blogs and photos.  Nix Pages Friday Green
 Floral Friday Fotos     Today's Flowers  Pink Saturday  Macro Monday2   Mosaic Monday   Mellow Yellow Monday
Through My Lens Monday
To continue reading posts you may click older post below or see the index on the side or pick a popular post from the sidebar or label below. Thanks.  HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS.




28 comments:

Linda W. said...

Those look exactly like the pink rhodies blooming in my yard right now.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Flowers for Easter. Thank you.

Margaret Adamson said...

A perfusion of pretty flowers Nora. HAPPY EASTER and have a great week ahead.

Suza said...

fantastic pictures. In german not such much blossoms at this time. Spring will come.
happy easter
susa

Jennifer A. Jilks said...

I often forget how much farther ahead B.C. is than here! We've still got snow!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaachooo

;)

Jenny said...

Thanks for the flowers. Still rather wintry here in Eastern Ontario.

Pamela Gordon said...

So nice to see the beautiful blooms you have there Nora. I think you do very well with your limited vision and your photos are gorgeous. P.S. I didn't even see the umbrella and had to look for it. :) We are icy white here this morning and the glare of the sun on it is hard on the eyes. Have a great weekend and Happy Easter..

Sciarada said...

A magnificent blaze of color!

Joco Deane said...

Oooh what treasures!!
My garden is more subdued. We will have to wait at least a month for what you are showing us today.
jo

Ruth Hiebert said...

I so love seeing the beautiful flowers.Thank you.

Denise inVA said...

Hi Nora, your flowers are beautiful, including the ones in your mosaic. Thanks for including Today's Flowers, so kind of you, as was your sweet note :)

Rick Watson said...

Lovely photos.

Stephanie said...

Love your lovely blooms especially the Forsythias.

Minoru Saito said...

Hi! Nice collection of beautiful flowers photos. I enjoyed your post very much.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Nora, gorgeous collection of blossoms and flowers. I loved this post and your photos. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

Rajesh said...

Very lovely and pretty flowers.

Donna said...

Fabulous flowers...

Donna@GardensEyeView
and LivingFromHappiness

Taken For Granted said...

We got snow for Easter, but it is all melted today. Lovely flowers. What a riot of color. Great post.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I enjoyed the flowers from Butchart Gardens, wish I lived close enough to visit often with a camera. My cousin lives on Gabriola Island and loves the west coast, no more snow.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Glorious collection of beautiful flowers. Love the scattered petals and the yellow plant brings sunshine to the garden.

Andrea said...

Wow that's a lot of lovely pinks! I was late, so Happy Birthday as well.

Villrose said...

Beautiful blooming :)

Gunilla Bäck said...

I love the rhodies! They're gorgeous. Happy Birthday to you!

edenhills said...

These are all lovely.

Nick V. said...

Beautiful shots!
Thanks for taking part in the Floral Fridays Foto meme.

Nick V. said...

Thanks for participating in the Friday Greens meme!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Beautiful spring and summer bouquets!

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS