Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora Flower and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Come for a Walk



Come for a walk with me today.  I think there is a storm brewing but there is time for a short walk.





These photos were taken on my walk today at Island View Beach.
We have had a lot of storms and wind but there was a small break in the weather to get out for a short time. It was so windy I turned back to go to the truck but I was still taking photos.


I looked up as the geese flew by me, cackling and honking.


People were at the beach with their dogs. The tide was pretty high but there was still some sand there.


I liked the blue jackets these people had on. Here I am looking the other way and you can see the storm clouds gathering.


There are a lot of logs washed up on the beach from the storms and the logs help to keep the beach from washing away. Here the sky looks like rain...perhaps.


oh yes, it does look like rain!  When I go out with the camera it always likes to rain a bit on me.


Then we went to Gore Park.  I am waiting for the wild flowers that cover this park in the spring and the butterflies that come to fly all around me.....it is like a magical land.  But right now, all is quiet and waiting....waiting for spring to come!


This Arbutus stretches over the trail and each person has to bow to it and some touch its' red shiny bark as they pass below.  It is the guardian of the park and would speak to us if it could.


And then a robin came to visit me.  He came very close so my little tiny camera (FZ200 Panasonic) could capture his beauty.  He seemed to want me to stay for a while so we talked about life.

Thank you so much for all the comments on my last blog.  I am overwhelmed and feel very loved on my blog.  In my life I find friendship very difficult and have no friends.  The animals and the trees and the sky are my true friends.

Thank you to the new followers of this blog.  I am so happy to follow your blogs. I am so far behind in my comments on your blogs.

I hope you enjoyed your walk with me and please leave a little comment for me to enjoy.  Thanks.

 Nora


Thank you to each of these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story. Click on any of these links for some great blogs and photos.
Scenic Weekends   Sky Watch Friday  Nix Pages Friday Greens 
Seasons (new linky for Mondays)

To continue reading posts you may click older post below or see the index on the side or pick a popular post from the sidebar or label below. Thanks.  HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS.



30 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful photos, Nora. I love how the little robin came to you for his close up ;-) Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous! You live in paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a great walk, Nora! I love the skies in your photos, it proves that weather can change quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, beautiful skies. Looks like a pretty day to be outside with the Robins singing. Lovely collection of photos. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fotografias fantásticas belo trabalho.
    Um abraço e bom fim de semana.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely day out. Is it bad that I look at all those logs and think 'Firewood!'? Love the cheeky wee robin. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Nora
    Thanks you for takings us on this walk with you and showing us all the lovely shots you took. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed your walk! Beautiful Robin!
    Have a wonderful week-end!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a beautiful place for a walk. Love all the logs that are washed up on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  10. it looks like we could walk that path and end up IN the sky. love the reflections in the path way and the gorgeous sky

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mother creates some great habitats for her creatures, doesn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Boa tarde, as fotos foram captadas de um modo excelente, as cores e a beleza é excelente, as mesma convidam a caminhar pelo meio da perfeita natureza.
    AG

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Nora,
    Thanks for stopping by my place. The book was really good.
    But I'm a really big fan of James Patterson, never read
    a bad book by him. Love your picture, it's beautiful.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nora,thanks so much for allowing me the pleasure of going for a walk with you.The places we went to are so beautiful.Be sure to take us back to that park once the flowers and butterflies have shown up. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was pleased to walk. It was nice. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a beautiful walk. Always so wonderful to see what you are seeing there. Thank you for sharing it. I don't make friends very easily. I tend to be a loner. I like peace and quiet and the beauty of the natural world around me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I admire your tenacity at battling the weather and continuing your daily walk. Can't wait for all those Spring flowers that will shortly appear.

    ReplyDelete
  18. There is a beautiful elemental feel to your photographs. I can almost feel the wind and taste the rain. Fascinating to see all those logs washed ashore,a nd to know that they help to keep the beach in place.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that first image of the walk towards the water. Beautiful sky, beach shots! I took note of the names of places you visited. I often wonder where about you live on the island.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gore Park looks particularly lovely, but the beach photos are wonderful, too. I have a special affinity to robins as they helped me get through a difficult time in my life. They continue to be messengers of hope and encouragement to me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. A wonderful walk and fantastic sky!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for the walk, I really enjoy going on walks, seeing a part of the world I will never see in person. Your photo's are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  23. That was a lovely walk and I enjoyed coming along.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a lovely day out! Your photos told the story beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would love to be able to take daily walks on the beach. Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I would love to have such beautiful walk to the shore! These images are stunning, even weather was moody! Best regards in the new week of March!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'll never forget the first time I saw an Arbutus. I just had to touch it - feel that smooth bark. Your walk must have been beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  28. We live in a wonderful place, don't we. I love the robin and Arbutus shots. We have a few growing on the cliff above our cabin. Thanks for discovering and following my other blog about our travels, cooking, crafts, etc. I used to have only the Powell River Books Blog, but these kinds of posts didn't fit very well with my off-the-grid topics. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  29. What lovely greens, becoming more pronounced as one progresses down the page!
    Thank you for taking part in the Friday Greens meme.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE THE WORLD OF BLOGGING HAS CHANGED AND THERE ARE TOO MANY SPAMMERS OUT THERE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS