Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Little Birds Flew In



Today we have all our local birds starting with the letter "k", like these little Kinglets here. These are my Wednesday and Thursday posts. All the links to the link ups are at the bottom of the posting. I try to feature one link up each time.





All the little birds flew in for Stewart's wonderful link-up called Wild Birds Wednesday! Please check out the amazing links and also Stewart's interesting bird postings there.  It would be great to increase the little birds there so please add your links!






A Kingbird above and a Kingfisher below. Some of these photos are my husband's as I was too tired to find mine and he had his all ready in a file. I have the same photos, just can't find them easily in the hundreds and hundreds of pictures I collect up.


And of course we need to have a Kestral!


Oh dear an Owl flew in here, why is he here?, ahhhh he is at a park called Konukson Park.  We are at the letter "k" at Mrs. Nesbitt's and the ABC Team's wonderful ABC Link Up.  Thanks so much to the hosts of all these great link ups for bloggers. We used to call them carnivals and memes. I enjoy the link ups very much.



For Good Fences Thursday here are two lovely fences both at Cattle Point.  It is called Cattle Point as they used to unload the cattle there in the early years. I used to live nearby for many years and miss it. It is so beautiful. Notice forgot to fix slanted horizon! My standards are so low!


For Water World Wednesday also.


I love trees so must have a few trees from Koksilah Park. This is in the winter and below in the fall with the leaves.


This is a blast from the past from Koksilah River Park.


Edit Note:  I have been suffering a very sore eye for a few weeks so I may not get around to each of your blogs and comments for a little while ...so sorry!
I put in my posts for a few days as I have very bad eyes and only
one eye works and sometimes it is not working if on the computer too much.  I had this post prepared ahead of time before I got so sick with a sore eye. Still it is a very mixed up posting.

Thank you to these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story.  Click on these links to find great blogs and photos.
Wild Bird Wednesday ABC Wednesday  Outdoors Wednesday  Water World Wednesday Good Fences Thursday


To continue reading my posts you may click older post below or see the index on the side or pick a popular post from the sidebar or label below. Thanks.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS!!

27 comments:

Ma┼╝ena said...

Very interesting :)

Joyful said...

Loving your bird photos. I don't think I've ever seen one of them up close.

The Cranky said...

Hope your eye is better soon, love all the birding photos!

Stephanie said...

Sorry to hear about your eye troubles. Hope it gets better soon. Enjoyed your bird shots and the rest of your series of images.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I hope those eyes will soon be better. I enjoy seeing your posts.

Linda W. said...

Those little kinglets are adorable!

Breathtaking said...

Good Morning!:) There is so much beauty in your post. Such pretty birds, trees, and your wonderful fence scene.I'm so sorry about your eye,...ofcourse rest is the best option right now. Get well soon.:)

Margaret Adamson said...

Sorry, Nora to hear about your sore eyes bit wonderful to see this packed filled post of lovely birds. Your Kinglets areso like our Goldcrest birds.

Minoru Saito said...

Hi! Nice collection of beautiful birds's photos. I enjoyed your photos very much. Thanks for sharing.

HOOTIN ANNI said...

Awwwwwwwwwww, sweetness!! They're such neat birds. Your photo is post card beautiful!!

Marcelle Simone Heller said...

I love the mossy trees. We are now in Scotland and there are also beautiful forests with ancient trees. Wonderful! We didn't see the golden eagle yet, but we hope ... #WaterWorldWednesday #greyworldnomads

Gayle atMuldoon said...

Three cheers for the K's. They are all wonderful. The kestral is my pick only because I have been trying for a hawk and they keep eluding me. Sadly we came home from our trip to find nothing but the feathers of a robin by our feeding area but was I here to see the probable hawk? No. Have a great day.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

ahhhh...all lovely shots.

I particularly loved that landscape shot, #9

Sandra said...

sorry you are having eye problems, hope you are better soon. the first 2 little birds make me want to hold them in my cupped palms.. so adorable.. i love the moss on the trees at the end.

Phyllis Oller said...

This little bird reminds me of our titmouses. Nice shot! Thanks for commenting about where to publish my blog,phyllis

Melody Steenkamp said...

How lovely your photo's are... i like nature but birds even more

ave a nice ABC-Wednesday-day / – Week
♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-w-team)

Ida said...

Lots of lovely birds and the Cattle Point fence is so pretty (the view is awesome).

Marleen said...

The small birds in the first few photos are lovely!

Jens Hamn said...

Oooh he so cute !! very beautiful your photo !

TexWisGirl said...

your 'standards' are filled with beauty. :) thanks for the lovely fence view and always enjoy the birds. the kinglets are adorable tiny things.

rebecca haegele said...

I don't think I have ever seen a Kinglet. They are nice looking birds.

Christine said...

All really special and a joy to behold! Hope your eyes mend quickly!

Melody Steenkamp said...

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd423/drentheassen/nora_1.jpg

A very very happy birthday Nora !
Congratulations from The Netherlands

♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-w-team)

jeannettestgermain said...

All birds started with a K - I wouldn't say your standards are low:):) Hope your eyes heal soon. Have a happy Easter!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Cool photos. What slanted horizon? Maybe a straight horizon is the slanted one since the Earth is round. :-)
The View from the Top of the Ladder

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty variety of birds. I love the sweet Kinglets. Your fence scenes are lovely. Great post and photos.
Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend! Happy Easter to you and your family!

Roger Owen Green said...

what a kollection! I mean collection!

ROG, ABCW

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS