Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora Flower and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Monday, April 25, 2016

A Week of Photos


I am putting in 39 photos for your pleasure! Enough photos for the whole week.  Please click on them as I put them in really small.

So I am warning you this post is heavy on the photos. Also heavy on the "p" words as the ABC Wednesday Meme is at that letter. Here we go.  Above we have a collection of butterflies.  A Western Tiger Swallowtail on purple flowers, a Painted Lady and a Pine White.  These are for ABC Wednesday and Nature Notes Tuesday as Michelle likes butterflies so much.
Above more butterflies for you:  two Purplish Coppers and two Propertius Duskywings.

For Ruby Tuesday some Red!


 Peacocks for  Our World Tuesday.

Purple Martins for the bird memes, these are for Stewart at Wild Bird Wednesday.
 Here are some birdies for Anni at the Bird D'Pot. A Perigrine Falcon, a Pileated Woodpecker, a Pintail duck, and a Pheasant.
 Here is a Palm Warbler, a Pigeon and a Pied-billed Grebe. Please check out the links at the end of the post to find wonderful blogs with many photos.  Thanks to the great hosts of all these long time memes.  My life seems to consist and revolve around them! Groups of us now have been doing these memes for ten or more years.
Another of the same Perigrine Falcon and a Pacific Golden Plover.

For Outdoors Wednesday we have Uplands Park with lots of purple flowers called Camus.



This is a mixture of photos, Cattle Point with a lovely fence for Good Fences Thursday.  The Parliament Buildings looking up to see the tiny statues and small pink flowers for Little Things Thursday.

Port Renfrew Beach for Water World Wednesday and below Parksville and Salmon Point for Wednesday's Waters.

If you are a Paleontologist you would love to go to Muir Creek and see all the old fossils for Tuesday's Treasures. Phew, now I am pooped out and must go and pass out from all these pretty pictures.
I hope you enjoyed my collages of so many photos.  Please leave a comment and tell me which is your favorite.

These are all my favorite photos and basically it shows my life for the last few years in a series of photo collages.

I put in my posts for a few days that is how I do it now due to my health and eyesight.
Thank you to these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story.  Click on these links to find great blogs and photos.
The Bird D'pot Nature Notes Tuesday RubyTuesdayToo Tuesday's Treasures  Our World Tuesday    Wild Bird Wednesday ABC Wednesday  Outdoors Wednesday    Water World Wednesday  Wednesday Waters GoodFences Thursday Little Things Thursday

To continue reading my posts you may click older post below or see the index on the side or pick a popular post from the sidebar or label below. Thanks.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS!!

44 comments:

  1. You have once again shown a wonderful set of pictures.The variety is lovely to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome collection of photos! I think I like the butterflies the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nora, another gorgeous series of captures from your beautiful part of the world. Love the vibrant peacock shots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post, Nora. I love all the colourful flowers, interesting birds and wonderful water scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The butterflies are exquisite; I'd've been proud to have taken just one picture like that. And there's something about Pintails that I've always found irresistable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How could one pick a favourite with so many beautiful shots but of course being a birder I loved all the birds especially the close ups of the Parrotts and the butterflies were very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nora

    That's a fantastic selection of really beautiful photographs - you have been busy.

    As I'm here from Ruby Tuesday - my fave has to be the delightful parrot!

    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful series....love the peacocks and beach scenes!
    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, gorgeous images! So many pretty birds, scenery, flowers and lovely sky captures. Great post. I hope you feel better soon, take care! Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely images! The peacock is very striking! And I really like the little purple flowers (camus)... Too pretty! Have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful photo's, a joy to look at!

    Have a nice abc-wednesday-day / – week
    ♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-w-team)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice lot of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nora, treasures abound. For me, nature is what I treasure the most. Thanks for sharing all of your beautiful images and please hurry back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all beautiful, Nora. I can't pick one over all the others. I would love to go where there are fossils. There is a beach in Capitola that Roger and I have walked many, many times. It's only reachable at minus tides, and even then it is not really a safe place to be. But we can't help ourselves, we go and marvel at the fossils.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lots of beautiful photos here! But then I know the beauty of our area just like you.

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello! Great series of birds!

    ReplyDelete
  17. 39 photos of that quality, wow! you must have tons of archives to dig out so many. All were truly worth posting.
    I'm a sea and beach fan so of course your black sand beach appealed to me but I also fell in love with your butterflies and flowers, especially the carpets of camus and also those you called 'pink flowers' that I wasn't sure I could identify: very open tulips maybe?
    Anyway this post is like a treasure trove, I went from marvel to marvel. Thanks also for the links to the memes, I only knew very few of them. There're an inspiration. Connecting with others is one of the best joys of blogging.
    Have a nice week and thanks for passing by at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so blessed to live in such a lovely part of the world,
    I knew little or nothing about Vancouver and the surrounding islands.
    That is until I joined ABCW.
    I've met Leslie (The Pedalogue) when she came
    over to the UK. I'm about to meet up with her
    at the end of June, when she visits again,
    really looking forward too meeting up again.
    My favourite picture on this post has to be
    the Parrots, such beautiful colours, I also
    love the butterflies.
    Thanks for sharing you wonderful world with us,

    Best wishes,
    Di.
    ABCW team.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful series of photos ~ all very beautiful and some great ones for the letter P ~

    Happy Week to you ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  20. you ALWAYS have such amazing PHOTOS!

    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  21. Delightful images! I'm painting a peacock right now. It's is so hard to do them justice.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My favorite? Now that's a tall order. Each photo has so much to like. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. A wonderful selection!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Parts of Australia have those red and blue parrots in the wild - now that would be a thing to see.

    Nice post.


    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such beauty...all the way around. From the flowers to the birds...such eye candy. The PACIFIC plover looks quite a bit like our Black bellied plover in Texas. I'm amazed.

    Thanks for sharing the link this week at I'd Rather B Birdin'.

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are all beautiful collages Nora but I particularly like the one of the purple Camus flowers. Take care and have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Nora... wow..jam packed nature to enjoy..Thank you..Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  28. So many amazing photos! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  29. A beautiful collection of nature and of course, birds:)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love all the birds but especially that stunning parrot! My oh my! So brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  31. a beautiful bunch of color. :) love the pintail and the pied-billed. two of my faves. such pretty blooms and butterflies, too.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fantastic photos.
    Your banner is breathtaking.
    Have a Happy Day!!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hard to pick favorites when there is so much to view. They were all quite wonderful. I do love pretty flowers and beaches though.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Heisann... these three butterflies are all familiar, living in my area as well, I think, very beautiful .... Have a nice weekend ;:OD)

    ReplyDelete
  35. So nice NOra! Your posts are like a wonderful nature magazine; I can enjoy each one more than once just gazing at the beauty (and from the Pacific Northwest, so wonderful memories for me too).

    ReplyDelete
  36. I just Love this photos of butterflies!
    Have a Lovely Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  37. So many gorgeous photos! It is hard to pick a favorite but I will choose the butterflies. Just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Really enjoyed the brightly colored photos!

    ReplyDelete
  39. A fabulous collection of photos! I enjoyed each and every one of them. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  40. A beautiful series of photos. I love butterflies, birds and flowers in the meadows. Regards.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE THE WORLD OF BLOGGING HAS CHANGED AND THERE ARE TOO MANY SPAMMERS OUT THERE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS