Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Butchart Gardens Minute


One Minute at Butchart Gardens Part 1.


Two days ago we went to Butchart Gardens and it is in its prime glory right now with all the bulbs out.  This photo is for Floral Friday Fotos.

I took some videos in short one minute segments and will gradually add them in the blog. I have added the first one below at the bottom of the posting. I just used my small Panasonic FZ00 but next will try the GH4 which is more suitable for video. The photo below is for Scenic Weekends.


 I did load this video, below at the end, in as HD so it is better than some of my bad videos! I am learning how to video on a tripod now but it is difficult in a crowded area and people walk into my videos.

 For Weekend Reflections.




 For Pink Saturday.


This Dragon Fountain pictured below was presented to the Butchart Gardens by the  Suzhou Municipal Government on behalf of the People's Republic of China in conjunction with the 35th anniversary of the sister-city relationship between the City of Victoria and the City of Suzhou.

For Shadow Shot Sunday. The stunning Dragon was presented last year, June 13, 2015. This is the plaque below.  They are making a new home for the Dragon right now.




Here are three sky pictures for Sky Watch Friday:
 These three are from a past trip to Butcharts.


 I am trying to learn how to do videos for my bloggers, so please take a peek at it.  It only takes one minute. It has beautiful music also. I hope you like it as it took me two or three uploads to figure it out at YouTube.  You can look at it in a full-screen size and I think it will look ok as well.




please click full-screen


I put in my posts for a few days as I have very bad eyes.
Thank you to each of these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story. Click on any of these links for some great blogs and photos.
Scenic Weekends  Floral Friday Fotos Nix Pages Friday Green
The Weekend in Black White  Sky Watch Friday   Pink Saturday
Weekend Reflections   Today's Flowers  Shadow  Shot Sunday
To continue reading posts you may click older post below or see the index on the side or pick a popular post from the sidebar or label below. Thanks.  HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS.



39 comments:

Jim said...

Beautiful shots.
Sydney – City and Suburbs

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful images. It has been so many years since I was at the Butchart Gardens,but they look as beautiful now as I remember them.

Linda W. said...

Beautiful! Someday I need to come visit these gardens.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Ohhh my - a little piece of heaven.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

WOw...some beautifully vivid spring colors. Spring is in the air :)

eileeninmd said...

Wow, gorgeous flowers and a lovely tour of the gardens. Beautiful post.Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

gorgeous. Gorgeous

Tom said...

I'd love to go to Butcharts Gardens.

Dragonstar said...

Beautiful photos, and your black and white is very stylish.

Christian WeiƟ said...

Wonderful photos.

Denise inVA said...

These are fabulous photos and I am so happy you shared them with Today's Flowers. Thank you very, very much! I visited Butchart Gardens many years ago and it was an amazing experience. It is very special to visit them again through your photographs. Happy weekend :)

Pat Tillett said...

I'm happy to say that I've been to this amazing place. Your photos do it justice, they are fantastic. Your video is good, I've always thought about doing some videos at places I visit, but like many things, oh well...

Robert Nicolaescu said...

Beautiful post.

Nette Cecilia said...

So lovley,have a nice weekend ,Nette

Pamela Gordon said...

Nora your photos are beautiful. I always enjoy seeing photos of the Butchart Gardens. The spring blooms are spectacular. Enjoy the weekend.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Your little video is splendid. It captures the scenic atmosphere of the gardens so beautifully. And love the music you selected to complement your views. The little dragaon is quite a character and love the shadow shapes it casts on the plaque.

woollymuses said...

I see what you mean about similarities. Lovely shots. Always regret not visiting the Butchart Gardens in my short stay in Vancouver.

edenhills said...

Beautiful gardens! You've certainly captured a lot of great images.

moni said...

Hello,
so lovely flowers, amazing colors!
Have a nice sunday
moni

Katarina said...

Colourful Tulips - that's Spring!

thehiddenpanorama.com said...

The garden still lovely as it is and probably better right now since the last time I went there few years back.

amo sin blogg said...

Lovely flowers !
Ha a nice sunday :)

Forest Dream Weaver said...

Fabulous glowing display.....lovely to have seen this in person!
Happy Sunday!

Nancy Chan said...

Hello Nora, thank you for your visit to my blog. I am glad you found me, now I can enjoy your beautiful photos. Your part of the world is so colourful. Gorgeous flowers and lovely scenery. Just to let you know I am now your newest follower.

Ela said...

Beautiful gardens !! It would be great to visit these garden someday !!
Lovely photos and video !!
Happy Sunday !

Jenny said...

SUPERB! Just Wonderful.

Karin M. said...

Pretty little harbingers of spring.
Beautiful colorful park.
Greetings, Karin

abrianna said...

Beautiful tulips. Wonderful colors all.

Lois said...

How pretty! I enjoyed the video too.

Stewart M said...

Great colours - and I liked that little blast of black and white.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Minoru Saito said...

Hi! Nice collection of gardens' photos. My wife and I have a plan to go to these gardens at the end of June. Thanks for sharing.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Almost as good as being there Nora! I really enjoyed every minute of this visit! The video really did make me feel as if I were there!

Jannibele said...

Wow! Such marvelous carpets of colorful tulips. Great feeling of spring.
Jannicke

Alexa T said...

Beautiful gardens to have a peacefull and cosy walk! And so gorgeous flowers in so many shapes and colors! A joy for eyes! Also, lovely video!
Greetings and a great week ahead!

Giga said...

The beautiful garden and the dragon. Walk around it is a great pleasure and joy. I like photos and video. Regards.

Joyful said...

I love all the colour you've captured in the beautiful garden :-)

Nick V. said...

Amazing place!
Thanks for taking part in the Floral Friday Fotos meme. I look forward to your contribution this week.

Marie C said...

What a stunning gardens...just breath-taking! Love your photos and the video was lovely (nice music accompaniment too!) Have an wesome weekend!

Nick V. said...

Thanks for joining Friday Greens! Hope to see more of your photos soon.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS