Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text

Thursday, April 07, 2016

Weekend Delights



It is time for the weekend delightful memes!  This one is for Sky Watch. It is at Albert Head.




This one is for Scenic Weekend. It also is at Albert Head.




This one is at Muir Creek and it is for Saturday Silhouettes.



Now for some flowers!  This one is for Floral Friday Fotos. These are in my garden.


Here we have a Golden-crowned Sparrow giving a blossom to you. He is actually eating the blossoms.  They love them.  This one is for Today's Flowers. It is from Mount Tolmie.


The Easter Lilies (White Fawn Lilies) are out and so are the Pussy Willows.




These are good for Weekend Reflections.  This little female merganser was at Swan Lake.



And I think of Pink!  Yes these are good for Pink Saturday.



The Shooting Stars are lovely now. All the trees around my house are in bloom also.


A little Anna's hummer flew in to say Hello. She stays here all year and has her babies in January or February which I think is too early. She is for The Bird D'Pot and Anni.


Below we have a Flicker in Black and White for The Weekend in Black and White.


And a Double-crested Cormorant in Black and White also, just because I wanted to.


For Saturday's Critters we have our natural, original Red squirrel which we do not see much since the other squirrels arrived.


How about some sheep with their babies in the field by the big tree. These are for Camera Critters.



And at last we have come to the end.  It is a Mourning Cloak showing us his shadow on his favorite rock to sun on at Swan Lake. For Shadow Shot Sunday!   Hope every one has a fantastic weekend.



I must apologize as I have not been able to visit many of your blogs lately.  My eye has been very sore and I have had a patch on it. I look like a pirate!
I will get to your blogs as soon as possible. I hope you enjoyed my weekend memes!

I put in my posts for a few days as I have very bad eyes and only
one eye works and sometimes it is not working if on the computer too much.
Thank you to each of these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story. Click on any of these links for some great blogs and photos.
Scenic Weekends  Floral Friday Fotos
The Weekend in Black White  Sky Watch Friday  Saturday's Critters  Camera Critters  Pink Saturday
Weekend Reflections   Today's Flowers  Shadow  Shot Sunday
The Bird D'Pot
To continue reading posts you may click older post below or see the index on the side or pick a popular post from the sidebar or label below. Thanks.  HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS.






34 comments:

Kalantikan said...

You gave me an idea, grouping photos to be accomodated in many memes. I love those purple blossoms, is that cherry or plums.

Margaret Adamson said...

What a wonderful arrays of gorgeous photographs in this post Nora adn i particulary love the female Merganser on Swan LAke. Have a great weekend.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

A rich and varied view of the coming Spring. Lovely photos every one.

Denise inVA said...

Each photo is an absolute delight. Each one is a pleasure to see. Flowers, birds, other pretty creatures and beautiful scenery. I am very grateful you are sharing with Today's Flowers. Thank you so much and I wish you a very happy weekend :)

Denise inVA said...

A lovely scene with such a pretty sky. Thanks for visiting and happy weekend.

Denise inVA said...

All your photos are fantastic :) and a lovely way to start my day.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

love those skylines. (the other shots weren't bad either - wink)

Linda W. said...

Lovely sky shots! And your photo of the merganser reflection is perfect.

Marleen said...

Beautiful Spring photos. Love the cormorant!

Rajesh said...

Beautiful set of images. Nice variety.

Fun60 said...

Love the reflection of the duck and what wonderful skies.

robin andrea said...

All of your photos are so beautiful. You certainly take a wonderful long and glorious look around wherever you are. Thank you for such sights. Take care there.

Alexa T said...

All the photos are lovely! Always a delight to see scenes from nature! Greetings!

Valerie said...

Very cute baby duck!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Delight is the operative word here Nora! Every picture made me smile. Such beauty. Visiting you is a joy ... do not worry about returning the visit until you feel like it. It's my pleasure to get to visit you. (But I do hope you feel better soon. I can't quite imagine you as a pirate; you are way too smart and kind ;>)

Ruth Hiebert said...

Have a great weekend.Beautiful flowers in this post.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

My what a lovely post - so much to enjoy. I especially liked the lambs.

Christine said...

So many wonderful photos! I enjoyed seeing the flowers and critters!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, what a lvoely post. Beautiful skies and birds. Lovely flowers and butterfly. The little lambs are adorable. I hope your eye is better soon! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

marsha said...

what a sweet merganser!!!!!

Anni said...

Your entire blog today is absolutely fantastic!! I've so enjoyed viewing all the photos....Thank you so much for stopping by to add your link for us birders at I'd Rather B Birdin' for us to enjoy your post!! I especially like the birds, -to have a hummingbird stay with you for the entire year is awesome by the way-

From the butterfly to the weekend reflections and blossoms...a great post.

Dragonstar said...

Your black and white birds are beautiful!

carol l mckenna said...

Gorgeous sky shot and beautiful nature shots!

Wishing you a happy week ahead ~ ^_^

Chandra@GreenComotion said...

Terrific snaps, Indrani.
The views of the skies and the photos of the flora and fauna were exceptionally pretty.
Have a Happy Day!
Peace :)

Stephanie said...

Terrific series of images.

Stewart M said...

Wonderful set of pictures - it does look like spring.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Cathy Keller said...

So many lovely photos. . .I especially like the one of the hummingbird! Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Laura said...

What an abundance of beauty!

edenhills said...

What a lovely series! I do hope your eye is better soon.

Robert Nicolaescu said...

Beautiful post.

NatureFootstep said...

beautiful skies and I loved the little female merganser :)

Nick V. said...

A delightful Spring post!
Thank you for joining us at the Floral Friday Fotos meme.

Pat Tillett said...

So many gorgeous photos!
I wish everyone here would enlarge your photos, it is VERY much worth it...

Nick V. said...

Lovely shots, and of course I really like that silhouette of the figure at the Creek.
Thank you for taking part in the Saturday Silhouettes meme.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS