Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Welcome to my blog world. This is a photo blog about my life on Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Friday, April 22, 2016

Weekend Selections


The Moss Lady.  I feel like this some days.

She is sleeping in Beacon Hill Park and she has a squirrel visiting her on her hand. (click to see!)  I feel just like this most days! This is for Black and White Weekend. I could just lie down and sleep forever under a blanket of moss in a beautiful park. She does seem to have a little smile. I think she is happy there. It is one of my favorite photos. Do you like it?


The two photos above are cell phone photos.  The Sunset is for Sky Watch Friday. Young people were taking photos as they jumped off the fence high up on Mount Tolmie.  Dangerous. It is not me. I did not jump.


The  photo of the trees reflecting on the building is for Weekend Reflections.  My husband was buying his fishing license and I saw the building opposite looked interesting. I am always looking for things to put on my blog and share with you.


Above we have a little flower, Bleeding Hearts, in my garden for Floral Friday Fotos. The Hummingbirds love this plant.


Above, also from my garden we have a Camelia for Today's Flowers.


For Scenic Weekend we have a photo of  Weirs Beach. It is also for Saturday Silhouettes, as if you click on it you can see the silhouette people. All the photos look better if you click on them and see the slide show that happens when you click on each photo. They look better larger also.


My living room window looks out on this tree. For Pink Saturday.



For the Critter Memes, Saturday's Critters and Camera Critters we have the Lovely Luna.  She loves to have a blanket over her. She sleeps with a blanket and thinks she is a person. She is a good girl. Do you think she is so cute?  I do.


Here is Luna again showing us her shadow below for Shadow Shot Sunday.


More shadows below of the horses as I have no idea why this photo is in here.  It is of riders on Island View Beach. Good for the critters memes also.



Macro Monday, in my garden.  This turned out so weird.  I put the camera on macro and held the camera really close, just using the Panasonic Fz200 on most of these shots.  Do you like it?



 For Blue Monday and remembering Smiling Sally.


For Mellow Yellow Monday.

For Mosaic Monday above a series of Sunsets.

I hope you liked my offerings and selections for this weekend.
I put in my photos for a few days as it helps me to get it done.
I have bad eyes. Thanks so much for all the comments.  I will try to get to some of the blogs but I am far behind in my reply comments. I actually read each blog and try to make a good comment so it takes me forever! I really enjoy all the memes and am so thankful to the hosts of each of the gatherings.

Thank you to each of these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story. Click on any of these links for some great blogs and photos.
Scenic Weekends  Floral Friday Fotos
The Weekend in Black White  Sky Watch Friday  Saturday's Critters  Camera Critters  Pink Saturday Saturday Silhouettes
Weekend Reflections   Today's Flowers  Shadow  Shot Sunday  Macro Monday2 Blue Monday  Mosaic Monday   Mellow Yellow Monday
To continue reading posts you may click older post below or see the index on the side or pick a popular post from the sidebar or label below. Thanks.  HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS.



47 comments:

  1. I like the photo of the black and white, it is amazing stuff that I discovered because of your post. What an imagination who made it that way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos. I especially like the flowers,but then I like all flowers.Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post, Luna is adorable! Great photos! I was very interested in the moss lady. I have seen photos of her before but not as close as this. Lovely to see her more clearly. Thank you for once again sharing with Today's Flowers and I wish you a very happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful series of shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the moss lady and have never seen anything like it before. I have a corner of my garden that grows very luxuriant moss (but not much else) - you've got me thinking! As usual you've given us a lovely selection of visual treats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ALl greattakes for all the memes. I love the mosslady and all the flowers as well as your gorgeous dog. Her eyes look so gentle and loving. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Preciosas fotos en tu blog Nora, me han gustado mucho. Ya tienes un nuevo seguidor desde España. Saludos cordiales desde http://faunacompacta.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  8. many beautiful pictures. Great are th first and the second one... I like it very much.
    bestt regards
    susa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful images. I like the narration accompanying the images.

    ReplyDelete
  10. More lovely photos of your area. The moss lady is very interesting. I've not seen a sculpture like that before. I hope you are enjoying the spring weather. It looks gorgeous with all the blooms. Have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the moss lady photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you always get me with a skyscape...or critters.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wonderful series of photos!
    Love the flowers!
    And Lovely Luna - we would all be lost without our dogs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking through your window at that tree full of blossom must be a real joy. Mosslady looks very content lying there but it saddened me to think that is how you feel at times x

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have some wonderful and diverse images here. Pleased to meet a fellow scenery blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cool Moss Lady...what an ingenious idea! Love all your gorgeous flowers, and Luna is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, what a lovely post and images. I always enjoy seeing the cute doggies. The flowers are beautiful! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Nora, thank you for your comment over on my blog. I think my favorite photo is the Moss Lady because she looks so serene.

    Blessings,

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful series of photos! The Mosslady was really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  20. such a great arrangement? Loved the idéa :) And your shot!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow!! the moss lady is sooooo cool! and you even managed to capture the squirrel on her hand!

    ReplyDelete
  22. a wonderful picture. And thanks for these beautiful pictures od Vancouver Islands

    ReplyDelete
  23. I wish that I could grow Camelia here, they are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like the lady moss asleep in the garden too. The flowers are gorgeous. And Lovely Luna is so adorable, I feel like giving her a hug!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a great idea!

    Have a happy start in the new week ... Frauke

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yes, definitely like your Moss Lady shot!! Great sky watch shot, too. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The Moss Lady is strange but very beautiful.. I love the way the squirrel gives scale.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your camelia looks just like a stripey climbing rose I have. Cool.
    Luna looks very sweet. Our little dog likes to burrow under blankets so sometimes we think he has gone missing -fortunately he hasn't. I have bleeding hearts but I think our hummingbirds come too late for them as I can't remember seeing any hummingbirds feeding at them.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Moss Lady is a great shot ~ favorite though are your doggies!

    Happy Week to you ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely pictures! Happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very beautiful photos - enjoyed them all.
    The winning prize goes to the photos of the dogs :)
    Have a Happy Week!!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. How cool is that? I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow! That's a lot of links in one post! There's a lot of beautiful color and texture in these shots.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wunderful pictures.....
    Luna is so lovely.....
    Greetngs Jen

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous series of photos !!
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  36. No matter what you took these awesome sights with, it was most enjoyable. You did good!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Nora, I love all of these beautiful pictures. You have a wonderful yard -- I would be so happy looking out the window at that pink tree! And the camellia and bleeding heart arei so delicate, just lovely. Your dog is regal looking and yet at the same time so sweet with her blankie! She really does think she's a person. I would like to feel like the Moss Lady sometimes - to be completely relaxed like that would be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love the bleeding hearts! I had them in Ohio and also the all white ones. It was such a joy to see them come back year after year.

    ReplyDelete
  39. You do so well capturing wonderful photos to share. They are all special but I loved the pink flowering tree looking out your window and the little blue flowers.

    Happy Blue Monday.
    xo, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the squirrel on moss lady's hand. Beautiful sunset image. Wonderful flower images!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Lovely photos. First one is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wonderful post with a terrific variety of flowers.
    Thank you for joining us at the Floral Friday Photos meme, I look forward to your next contribution.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Great collection of flowers. I love that moss woman! I can relate to her too.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Lovely shots, wonderful silhouettes in the riders photo and the sunset.
    Thank you for taking part in the Saturday Silhouettes meme.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS