Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text

Thursday, May 05, 2016

Fire in our Country




There is a fire in our Country, can you help? The town of Fort McMurray, Alberta, has had a terrible fire.



I was wondering how to help the people in the Fort McMurray fire, some ideas are here. They have lost their homes and everything. There is a list of all the help information here The Globe and Mail article. Also the Alberta and the Federal Government have said they will match private donations to the Red Cross.  Just mention to the Red Cross where you want your donation to go to. You can also donate $5 by texting “REDCROSS” to 30333.
Link to video of the fire


I am also so worried also about all the animals in the area.
************
Now I will do my blog I guess, although I don't really feel in the mood to blog when so many people are in a disaster right now. I am doing a small version of my normal blog.

 For Sky Watch Friday, Sky and Apple Blossoms for Floral Friday Fotos.

 Butchart Gardens
For Scenic Weekend 

 For The Weekend In Black and White


For Shadow Shot Sunday Playfair Park

Pink Saturday at Butchart Gardens and for Today's Flowers

For Saturday's Critters and Camera Critters
Sara Orangetip Butterfly

Alligator Lizard on Mount Tolmie

Macro Monday 2
Blue Camus Gore Park
 Blue Monday

Mellow Yellow Monday

 My thoughts go out to the people of Fort McMurray.
Thank you to each of these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story. Click on any of these links for some great blogs and photos.
Scenic Weekends  Floral Friday Fotos
The Weekend in Black White  Sky Watch Friday  Saturday's Critters  Camera Critters  Pink Saturday
Today's Flowers  Shadow  Shot Sunday  Macro Monday2 Blue Monday   Mellow Yellow Monday
To continue reading posts you may click older post below or see the index on the side or pick a popular post from the sidebar or label below. Thanks so much for your comments and continued support of my blog. 


34 comments:

Rajesh said...

Beautiful and colorful flowers.

Jim said...

Great sky.
Sydney – City and Suburbs

Lady Fi said...

Wonderful shots. So sorry to hear about the fires.

Nora said...

Thanks Rajesh!

Nora said...

Hi Jim thanks for your comment.

Nora said...

Hi Fiona. Thanks for coming by.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the wildfires are scary. My prayers go out to the people of Fort McMurray. Lovely flowers and a pretty sky shot. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

robin andrea said...

Beautiful photos, Nora, and such sad news out of Alberta.

Cloudia said...

What a tragedy!

Nora said...

Thanks Eileen, yes the wildfires are very scary and starting early this year.

Nora said...

Hi robin andrea, thanks for coming to the blog. It is so sad for the people who lost everything. They had only a few minutes to pack up and leave.

Nora said...

Hi Cloudia, thanks so much for your comment. I bet it is beautiful in Hawaii today.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

They have my prayers too.

Enjoyed your photos.

Nora said...

Thanks Mac for visiting my blog and for your comment.

Ruth Hiebert said...

It is sad to see the devastation in those fires. I did enjoy the pictures of the flowers and such. Have a good weekend.

Suza said...

wow...so beautiful
LG susa

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I have seen about that horrible fire; so frightening. I know what you mean about how hard it is to blog after something like this, especially when it comes so close. My blog is usually (almost always) my "happy place" but sometimes it is almost impossible to maintain that mood.

I am glad you went ahead and posted your beautiful pictures; they made me happy. We simply have to do what we can about the bad stuff and then go ahead and enjoy our world. But I know it is hard.

JP A Quiet Corner said...

I have been watching as many are and the devastation is heartbreaking. Canadians are a strong bunch and they will, as they always do, come together to help each other!!...:)JP

Stephanie said...

It is so scary watching those fires. And it is only May. Beautiful flower shots!

KaHolly said...

Those of us in the Maritimes have watched in horror. There are so many efforts in place to help across the country. Thank goodness no lives appear to have been lost. I worry about the wildlife, too.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the lizard is cool. Great shots. I hope the fire is under control now. Stopping back to say thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

Margaret Adamson said...

I especially love the Butterfly and Lizard. I hope you have a lovely weekend.

Jenny said...

Very scary the wildfires. It's incredible to think that the fire crossed the river which is a kilometer wide. So hard for the people of Fort McMurray, who have not only lost their homes, but many have probably also lost their jobs. For sure, we need to do what we can, and it sounds like the Red Cross is best equipped to help with the situation.

Denise inVA said...

Thank you for linking to Today's Flowers. I am happy to use my meme to pass on your very special post. The tragedy of Fort McMurray touches all our hearts. I have made my donation.

Stewart M said...

Fire like this are terrifying - we suffer ones like this here too - although may not often like this one.

Stewart M - Melbourne

Suza said...

Beautiful colour of sky

Blogoratti said...

Must be hard times for all those involved. Sad indeed, and hope everyone out there stays safe. Great photos. Greetings!

Kenneth Cole Schneider said...

We have been following the tragic fire all this past week. Our last home was in the mountains and we had tanker aircraft drop water on a lightning-caused fire on the mountainside directly in front of our home. Thankfully it was contained. In comparison the scale of the Alberta fire is unimaginable.

Joyful said...

It is so terrible what is happening in Northern Alberta and BC. It wasn't that long ago when a huge fire engulfed Kelowna. I think the Red Cross donations are the best way to send help.

I love your blog photos for today. They are all lovely.

Jennifer A. Jilks said...

It's a terrible one, isn't it? We've had several fires here, too.

Nick V. said...

I sympathise about the fires. We have many and frequent fires here in Australia...
Lovely flowers, wonderful shots.
Many thanks for joining the Floral Friday Fotos meme, I look forward to your next contribution.

edenhills said...

Beautiful images. I feel horrible for all those devastated by the fires. Hope relief comes.

Gemma Wiseman said...

The flowers in the gardens are magnificent and a lovely play of shadows in the park scene. I too feel very sorry for those poor people whose lives have been hit by the wildfires. But I know there are many reaching out and sharing what they can to help. Just wish I didn't live so far away in Australia.

Nora said...

Thanks so much for all the kind comments here. I have gone to each of your sites to thank you. I really appreciate how many bloggers come to my site and leave me a nice note!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS