Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Welcome to my blog world. This is a photo blog about my life on Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Nature All Week

My week of nature.  A macro of my peony in the yard. For Macro Monday.



For Our World Tuesday and Ruby Tuesday, two totems and below a Two-banded checkered- Skipper for Nature Notes Tuesday.


A Tiger Swallowtail gathering minerals and he looks like a little person if you look closely at him below. I like the side view as you can see his little legs. Click on any picture and it gets bigger.


A California Tortoiseshell, up on Mount Tolmie.
Also up on Mount Tolmie, two people watching the sunset. They were playing old Beatles tunes so it was nice.


On Mount Tolmie there is a good fence for Good Fences Thursday. That is Mount Baker in Washington State.


A Tiger or two for the ABC Meme. I don't know what happened to Suzy the Tiger as she moved away. I feel sad for her. Her eyes look sad or maybe she just wanted to eat me.



Black Throated Gray Warbler below for Wild Bird Wednesday.



Townsend's Solitaire above for Anni at The Bird D'Pot also up at Mount Tolmie.


Townsend's Warbler above for Outdoors Wednesday. 
Black throated sparrow below.


 A Western Tanager below for all the birders.

Tundra Swan. 

For Wednesday Waters and Water World Wednesday, Tower Point below.


We are at the letter "T" for the ABC meme thus I have added a lot of items starting with the letter "T".

I have a terrible case of tinnitus and when I am on the computer it gets so much worse. There is no cure or treatment for tinnitus and they do not know what causes it. I wonder if any of my bloggers have had tinnitus. I do not mind if I lose my hearing but my brain is replacing that with a smoke alarm of ringing. I am trying to graciously slide into old age but it is a challenge sometimes. How are all my bloggers doing? I wonder if any of them have challenges. It seems to help if we share them.

I hope you enjoyed my week of nature.

Thank you to these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story.  Click on these links to find great blogs and photos.
Macro Monday
The Bird D'pot Nature Notes Tuesday RubyTuesdayToo  Our World Tuesday    Wild Bird Wednesday ABC Wednesday  Outdoors Wednesday    Water World Wednesday  Wednesday Waters GoodFences Thursday


To continue reading my posts you may click older post below or see the index on the side or pick a popular post from the sidebar or label below. Thanks.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS!!

46 comments:

  1. Great set of pictures - it will be a while before I see many butterflies! And one day I'll see a tiger in the wild - well maybe!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stewart, you have the most exotic birds though. So many colors on them.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear ou have tinnitus now. I have never had it although know it is unpleasant. Love all the images inthe post especially seeing a the birds most of them I never see here. I think the eyes of the Tiger are saying' tasty'!I also like the sunset shot with the 2 peoplee in it. Hope you have a better week and the Tinnitus subsides.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret! Hope you are out on a birding tour somewhere.

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos Nora.....especially the warbler in flight and your gorgeous peony.
    Enjoy your week!
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Forest, I love the names of your two blogs.

      Delete
  4. Enjoyed all your creatures, and landscapes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mac, thanks for commenting from the hermit writer.

      Delete
  5. Every single thing in this post is so beautiful Nora. I love the birds and wish I were half as good at getting pictures. But it is the fence with Mt Baker that captures my heart today ... I am missing mountains here in the flatlands. Happily, next month we will be heading to Colorado ...I bet we see some there )))!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sallie, yes I read that you are heading out to Colorado now for the summer. You do live an interesting life!

      Delete
  6. Tigers have pretty markings and beautiful serious eyes but one never knows if lunch is on their minds or perhaps they will suddenly feel threatened and become dangerous.

    About the tinnitus … there are many reasons for this but sometimes an aspirin-like medication can increase the sense of ringing in the ears. I don’t think there a too many people who have not experienced this now and then and I hope your situation lessens soon. The wife of a retired pilot once told me that he uses music to try and get his mind off the sound.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penelope, there seems to be millions of reasons for it and no way to get rid of it!

      Delete
  7. I enjoyed your photos today Nora. The ones of the tiger are beautiful and it does look sad but if you really look at its eyes it looks dangerous. I also suffer from tinnitus and have for about 3 years now. It started as a ring now and then and if I rubbed my ear it seemed to go away. Then one day I realized the ringing was constant and in both ears. At the moment it seems very loud as the house is quiet. When I have the TV on I don't notice it as much but when I go to bed it is loud of course but I can get to sleep no problem (most of the time). It is an annoying thing to have and sometimes it skips into a higher louder pitch for a few seconds. Some people have different sounds with it. It is difficult to describe the sound to one who doesn't have it. I also have a bit of hearing loss and am the first in my family to have it. It's not fun!! But, I'm grateful that I can still hear well except when people don't speak distinctly or they mumble. I hope you are enjoying the holiday weekend. We went to St. Andrews on Saturday and it was gorgeous. I blogged about it so I hope you stop by. Thanks for sharing and I wish you a beautiful week. Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is helpful to know so many other people have it exactly like I do as well.

      Delete
  8. Hello, I also have the ringing in my ears. It is awful when I am trying to sleep. I love your pretty warblers and butterflies. The sunset and the view of Mt Baker are gorgeous. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, for me it is bad at night and when I sit down to blog.

      Delete
  9. The red in your peony is stunning and the tiger has such gorgeous big eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously....ALL your images are fantastic!! Wow....I am totally impressed...with the mountain scenes, to the birds, flowers and totems!!

    Thanks for adding your link at I'd Rather B Birdin' this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful puctures

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super set of images.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous photos! I hope the tiger is at a new zoo and doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow you certainly have been busy taking gorgeous photos to share with us. They are all wonderful. I hope the ringing doesn't get too loud.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful pictures. Getting older is not all that easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, makes me wonder how people can stand it!

      Delete
  16. More gorgeous photos! The tiger is probably sad being behind bars... I would be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Tiger was privately owned and in a large area but they moved it.

      Delete
  17. Beautiful shots from nature.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, I wish I had the opportunity to get such a variety of interesting shots near where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful photos. Love the world you see and share with us. Yes, I have tinnitus. I don't have it all the time, but on and off for years. I am in a bout of it now, and have been since a long dentist visit in February. I think the position my neck was in for more than an hour may have contributed to the ringing. When it starts up during the day, I put on music to distract my inner attention from it. The worst is when I wake at night with it. Somehow it stops as weirdly as it begins. Do you have any neck pain or issues of cervical degenerative arthritis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin, good to know, will check it out.

      Delete
  20. Maravilhosa natureza

    ReplyDelete
  21. Perfect choise for this weeks letter, beeing my favorite animal in the wild !

    Have a nice abcwednes-day / – week
    ♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-w-team)
    ( http://melodymusic.nl/abc-wednesday-18-t/ )

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lots of great photos for the letter T.
    So sorry you are bothered by Tinnitus. Its no fun...as I age I do hear the high pitched sort of ringing in my head..ears ...too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. All very beautiful nature photos ~ my favorite is the closeup of that beautiful Tiger!

    Happy Week to you ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  24. totems tell such tales

    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really know how to do the ABC's of the alphabet, Rog.

      Delete
  25. Really nice photos Nora! I've had some challenges (in my advancing age), but tinnitus has not been one of them. Not yet anyway. I wish they had something to make it better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So sorry about the tinnitus. I am sure it must make life very difficult for you. Love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  27. i love your pretty pictures

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nora there are some lovely photos here today. The Peony is very pretty, The Tiger is gorgeous (I love Big Cats) and the view of the Mountain behind the fence is stunning. Lots of great birds shots too. It was a pleasure to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  29. My favorite image was the two people watching the sunset. It was so different.
    JM, IL

    ReplyDelete
  30. i am so sorry about the tinnitus. it must be dreadful. i loved your photos that you shared. the butterflies, birds and beautiful blue 'scapes. thank you for linking to good fences, too!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great critter shots!

    ReplyDelete
  32. So many beautiful photos. So sorry about your tinnitus. I'm visiting from both ABC Wednesday and Good Fences. Don't worry about visiting during your tinnitus challenges...

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am sorry to hear that Nora..My husband was a volunteer under-water rescue diver and damaged his ear 3 years ago in a dive and has the same thing now. It is terrible.... Thank you for sharing such a nature packed post, I enjoy seeing all the photos...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks so much for all the kind comments here. I have gone to each of your sites to thank you. I really appreciate how many bloggers come to my site and leave me a nice note!

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS