Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora Flower and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Friday, June 03, 2016

Sky Watching Today


 I am out Sky Watching Today so .....

I have less time to blog!  These are for Sky Watch Friday.  Above is Albert Head and below is Island View Beach.  These are on Southern Vancouver Island.




The clouds look like arms reaching down to hug my hubby and Lovely Luna.  This is at Island View Beach.  I have been watching Alone  on the History Channel and I want to correct them as they say we have 200 days of rain and we don't and they say that Vancouver Island is the most dangerous place to live.  Not. (It is a show where they drop people off on the North part of the Island and they have to survive on their own.  The winner gets a cash prize.) It is fun to watch and see how many errors they make in identifying various fish and stuff. It is not dangerous to live here! Not that much rain here!

I am linking to Sky Watch Friday.
Thank you to the meme host for allowing bloggers to share their story. Click on the link above for some great blogs and photos.
To continue reading posts you may click older post below or see the index on the side or pick a popular post from the sidebar or label below. Thanks.  HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS.  
cheers, Nora


17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth, how are things in your Province. I love other Canadian Bloggers!

      Delete
  2. Lovely skies. Ours has been grey and featureless for the past week, but some talk of improvement later today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John. John is in Cambridgeshire, U.K. and has the most interesting blog I have ever seen. I though he started blogging before me but says 2011. Today he has lovely portraits of people in his village.

      Delete
  3. wow!! Great sky shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nanda. Your photos are amazing. I think you are in India, but will have to check that out again.

      Delete
  4. Vancouver Island looks beautiful. I've always been fascinated with that area since my dad told me his brother immigrated there from England in the early 1900's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rian, would be interesting to find out where your uncle ended up here. Rian is in Texas and has a wonderful series of blogs. I like all of them.

      Delete
    2. Nora, I have been trying to do a little genealogy and find out more about my dad's family's immigration. And I posted it wrong on my comment, it was my grandfather's brother (Richard Regan) who immigrated to Vancouver. My grandfather (William Regan) immigrated later to the US.

      Delete
  5. I like the "arm clouds" shot, but they are all beautiful sky shots. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Spare Parts and Pics has a great blog and likes to blog about the desert so it is very different from where I live. His pictures are out of this world.

      Delete
  6. I would like to visit Vancouver Island. So far, the opportunity hasn't been provided. I really enjoyed the photographs you posted. Have a great week-end.
    JM, Illinois-U.S.A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I appreciate knowing where you are so thanks for adding that as well. I hope you can get here one day.

      Delete
  7. Love the clouds you've captured!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, love the water scenes in Oregon you have posted.

      Delete
  8. Love the picture of the kids following the adult on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for all the kind comments here. I have gone to each of your sites to thank you. I really appreciate how many bloggers come to my site and leave me a nice note!

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE THE WORLD OF BLOGGING HAS CHANGED AND THERE ARE TOO MANY SPAMMERS OUT THERE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS