Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Friday, June 10, 2016

The Sky Today


The sky is so lovely.......

up on Mount Tolmie.  When two people walk into your shot and kiss that is a good thing.  I am always people watching.


These Sky Shots are for Sky Watch Friday.


These are from the Oak Bay Tea Party little air show.


"The Thinker" up on Mount Tolmie .

"The Pointers" It must be over there.

"The Jogger"
These shots are for Saturday Silhouettes.

This shot is for Nix Pages Friday Green.
 Field Crescent (Phyciodes pulchella)
These shots are for Weekend Reflections.
Tundra Swan Hatley Park.

This shot is for Floral Friday Fotos.

This one is for Scenic Weekends.

For Today's Flowers.


We found a wonderful field of foxgloves.

The pinks are for Pink Saturday.


At the Dog Show and the "King of the Forest" are
for Camera Critters and Saturday's Critters.
"The King" lives on Mount Tolmie.

And some cows also out in the farms.

And me with a butterfly on a flower!

Cedar Hairstreak butterfly on daisy.

Thank you to each of these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story. Click on any of these links for some great blogs and photos.
Scenic Weekends  Floral Friday Fotos Nix Pages Friday Green
Sky Watch Friday  Saturday's Critters  Camera Critters  Pink Saturday Saturday Silhouettes
Weekend Reflections   Today's Flowers 
To continue reading posts you may click older post below or see the index on the side or pick a popular post from the sidebar or label below. Thanks.  HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS.



26 comments:

  1. wonderful selection once again this week. I love all your photographs taken on Mount Tolmie incluing the Deer with the huge antlers. The field ofFloxgloves is very pretty and the refflection siwht the Swan is fabulous Nora, I hope you have a good week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The swan looks so lovely swimming in its world. And beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Nora, wonderful critters. I love the Golden Ret in the dog show. The shots of you holding the daisy and butterfly are great. Cool photos of the air show. I love the swans and gorgeous flowers, they are all beautiful. Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shots. The sky shots are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow a great selection of critters. just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is beautiful. I like how you said on your other blog that you are taking a break from "the realities of life." I can assume you mean Lukemia research, but the sunrise is just as much a part of reality.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen lots of butterflies snacking on flowers but this one still staying on a plucked bloom is pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All marvelous photos Nora, and thank you for again sharing these beauties with Today's Flowers. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love every single one of your pictures,foxgloves are my favorite flowers & the people watching is such fun,isn`t it?phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful shots but I especially liked the swans. So graceful

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that first sky shot! And the floxgloves are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - great shots - love them all. It seems like you had a fabulous week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You find some of the most beautiful scenes to photograph. Thanks for sharing the beauty you see.

    ReplyDelete
  14. As a late reply to your thankfulness about my explanation of the peculiarities of wordpress - you're quite welcome! Love this trip -stunning shots of the air show! and lovely flowers and also love the silhouettes.
    Also, a little reminder (if you need it) that SEASONS starts in less than an hour (It's Sat. close to midnight - I'm a night owl!) Have a beautiful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful collection, Nora! I love the foxgloves and all the critters.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely shots. You know I've never been to an air show. Started to go to the MacDill AFB air show this spring...I shouldn't have read how many attendees they expected. I withered thinking about the crowd...and stayed home.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great collection. Congrats on getting that Hairstreak to hold still!
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  18. All wonderful photos! Especially love seeing you and that flower and butterfly. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the silhouette photos Nora! And the flowers are beautiful. You've had some great weather there this spring. Enjoy the week.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great variety of pictures - must say I like that first one - the way the light is catching the fence(?) is very nice.

    Cheers (and sorry about the slowness of my visit) - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  21. What amazing shots.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for joining us at the Floral Friday Fotos meme.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Always a pleasure to visit your blog, Nora. Lovely photos and wonderful greens!
    Thanks for participating in last week's Friday Greens, I look forward to your next contribution.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I especially like the jogger silhouette, Nora!
    Thank you for taking part in the Saturday Silhouettes meme.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks so much for all the kind comments here. I have gone to each of your sites to thank you. I really appreciate how many bloggers come to my site and leave me a nice note!

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Please do not link in a comment, I have to then delete as there is too much spam going on.
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE THE WORLD OF BLOGGING HAS CHANGED AND THERE ARE TOO MANY SPAMMERS OUT THERE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS