Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Welcome to my blog world. This is a photo blog about my life on Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Wednesday, July 06, 2016

More Warbler Photos


More photos of the Black-throated gray warbler feeding the ....

baby cowbird.  The little gray warbler winters in Mexico and has only one nesting each year.

 I did not see any of its young around only the cowbird, sadly.
So ZERO of the gray warbler's youngsters made it.  We are at the letter "Z" at the ABC Meme this week.  This bird makes a WEEZY call.


The gray warbler is usually found in pine and oak forests.

 The warbler forages for insects in trees and bushes.  The nest is made of grasses and plant material, with feathers and hair.  It nests quite low in trees and bushes.

 I think more study of this bird is needed because when I looked it up it kept saying "unknown".

Thank you to these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story.  Click on these links to find great blogs and photos.
The Bird D'pot Nature Notes Tuesday  Our World Tuesday    Wild Bird Wednesday ABC Wednesday  Outdoors Wednesday  


To continue reading my posts you may click older post below or see the index on the side or pick a popular post from the sidebar or label below. Thanks.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS!!

21 comments:

  1. Love those warblies! Not so much the cowbirds. I saw an American Redstart trying to feed a cowbird, none of its own young survived either. So goes life in the bird world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh cute bird photos, especially your first one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous birds you captured!! I love the variety of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful captures Nora. The warbler is beautifully marked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Warbler pictures. Most of our warblers are greenish/brownish/yellowish and difficult-to-identify little birds that can only be told apart by their songs. Stripey heads seem to be common amongst birds that live in pine trees, must be some kind of camouflage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. extraordinary shots. I had no idea a bird would feed the young of another species. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos, Nora.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos as always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!!! Una foto fantástica, me ha gustado mucho. Saludos cordiales desde España.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really nice photos of the birds. Too bad the warbler babies didn't survive. Odd how the warblers don't know how to recognize which babies are their own, but the cowbirds fool lots of different varieties, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so so late in getting around to visiting from last week...time flew by and I wasn't online all that much. But, better late than never.

    Great photo of the warblers. And to have it feeding a cowbird is phenomenal. Mother Nature takes care of itself always in some way.

    Sharing your link at I'd Rather B Birdin' is always very much appreciated by all us birders...and I thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great photos, but a bit of a sad tale

    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww... I wish the warbler was feeding its own baby and not a cowbird... Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow wonderful images of precious creatures...

    Have a nice abcwednes-day / – week
    ♫ M e l d y ♫ (abc-w-team)
    http://melodymusic.nl/abc-wednesday-18z/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoyed your photos. Seems the cowbirds should raise their own young instead of having the warblers do it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That cowbird really makes me mad. After I commented on your last post of him, I read the post again and wished I could retract my comment. But it was a beautiful picture (as this one is) -- but those darn cowbirds, they are such poor mothers and they take advantage of others. How could be love them?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those nest parasite shots always look remarkable - the 'baby' bird is often so big!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  18. very magical your pictures ! bravo !

    ReplyDelete
  19. I read that this practice (by cowbirds) has greatly reduced the numbers of Red Winged Black Birds around these parts.
    Very nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope this finds you and yours doing well. May we display your header on our new site directory? As it is now, the site title (linked back to its home page) is listed, and we think displaying the header will attract more attention. In any event, we hope you will come by and see what is going on at SiteHoundSniffs.com.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks so much for all the kind comments here. I have gone to each of your sites to thank you. I really appreciate how many bloggers come to my site and leave me a nice note!

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS