Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Sky Water Earth


Today the sky, water and earth in photos.  The things I love the most on this earth.

The above photo is for Sky Watch Friday. I think it is Island View Beach. You can see Luna the dog in there somewhere. All photos are much larger if you click on them for the slideshow. Below is a photo taken at Butchart Gardens for Floral Friday Photos. Photo taken in the fall.



The boats reflecting below are for Weekend Reflections. It is the fish boat dock in Sidney.  I really like fish boats as my dad was a fisherman and I grew up around boats for a short while.


Another photo of Butchart Gardens for Scenic Weekend. I seem to take this same photo every year. It always feels magical to see the colors in the fall there.  You really feel like you are in a painting. Sometimes the colors are so bright I think that the gardener has painted them.


Pink Flowers for Pink Saturday taken in the fall at Butcharts.


And for the Saturday Critters we have a deer in front of someones house.  He was very alert as someone was walking a dog beside him and his lady was nearby.

Have a great weekend bloggers and birders!  Thanks so much for your visit!  I am so happy to be back blogging and to see you all.
I have a new computer and I have fixed my old computer also by myself!  If you are having trouble with your windows updates check out my page on Windows 10 Update Issues.

26 comments:

Jim said...

Beautiful.
Sydney – City and Suburbs

Sue (this n that) said...

Beautiful photographs. Lovely and bright flowers too, a happy post :D)

Felicia said...

beautiful series. I really like the one of the trees in the garden.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

What a great variety of photos you give us from a dramatic sky shot to the colorful Butchart Gardens and more.I find myself taking the "same" picture frequently. Where is the law that says you only get one shot at something?

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful! Butchart gardens seems to be lovely in all seasons.

Linda W. said...

Lovely photographs! Glad you are back in blogland.

Esha M Dutta said...

Very beautiful! Love this series.

s.c said...

Great sky. Very nice.

robin andrea said...

Ah, sky water earth, my favorites! Beautiful photos. So glad to see you blogging again.

Fun60 said...

What a wonderful series of photos. I like the boats in the harbour.

Klara said...

wonderful selection.

Jenny said...

What a wonderful sky in the first photo.Scenic Weekend does indeed look like a painting. Some views just never get old - Monet knew that. The handsome fellow in the last photo looks so posed that he almost looks like a statue. Have a great weekend.

Klara S said...

Trees look like painted by an artist! Photo #4 is beautiful.

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful sky shot and that deer photo is marvelous ~ thanks,

Wishing you a Happy Weekend ~ ^_^

Margaret Adamson said...

I love when you go and visit those garden as they are so beautiful. I love the immmmage with the trees best. Have a wonderful weekend.

Rick Watson said...

You do beautiful pictures. It looks as if you could reach out and touch the sky.
R

James said...

Wonderful photos!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love the fall colors. The deer almost looks like a statue, so still. Great collection of photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Enjoy your day and weekend!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

All beautiful photos and that fall color one looks like a fine art painting....Beautiful.

Sonia said...

Oh how I love Vancouver Island and Butchart Gardens. We are thinking about visiting again this fall. Gorgeous pictures and you make me want to hop a plane as we are sitting here with ice outside!

indah nuria Savitri said...

the sky is marvelous indeed! Clear blue and bright..

Black Jack's Carol said...

Welcome back to blogging, Nora! (My grandfather was a fisherman in Newfoundland.) I enjoyed all of your wonderful photos. The alert deer is magnificent!!

Jenn Jilks said...

Beauty shots!

Cynthia said...

These are beautiful photographs! I've been to Butchart Gardens a few times on travels, and it is one of my favorite places. I love B.C., too! I'm a new follower because I want to see more.

Joyful said...

Spectacular!

Nora said...

Thanks so much for all the kind comments here. I have gone to each of your sites to thank you. I really appreciate how many bloggers came back to me after being away from blogging for so long.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS