Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Butchart Gardens Winter Wonderland



SKY WATCH FRIDAY
These two photos are of Beaver Lake in the snow last week.

We did get one day with blue sky so I am putting in these photos before I go along and into the Butchart Gardens.



WEEKEND REFLECTIONS


These are all photos taken last week at Butchart Gardens in the snow.  Above is the door to the tea room restaurant that has the most fantastic scones you have ever eaten.


Above is the door area to the Garden Seed Shop.  You can see my reflection. The seed shop is huge and has many local artistic items as well and some beautiful jewelry. The range of items goes from clothing to souvenirs.  Below is a reflection of the interior on a mirrored wall.
The interior is open in the winter now for the historical display which is very interesting as they keep each room exactly like it was when the Butcharts lived there.


THE WEEKEND IN BLACK AND WHITE


The above photo is a photo of a picture of Butchart Gardens before Mrs. Butchart put in her gardens when it was her husbands cement factory. Below is a picture of the gardens in the snow last week. Butchart Gardens is a winter wonderland in the snow.  There is a lot to do there also with the Historical Display and the Spring Prelude. There are also wonderful Tea Rooms and restaurants and the shop.
The snow is gone now and it is a very warm 12 degrees.


SATURDAY'S CRITTERS


Above a horse in the field on our way to the gardens we go along the country farm roads.

PINK SATURDAY

FLORAL FRIDAY PHOTOS


The flowers are from the Spring Prelude at Butchart Gardens now.
We were covered in snow so what a treat to go into a room full of flowers and walk a path through an interior garden.


Videos of Butchart Gardens Spring Prelude and the Seed Store.
Also here a favorite video of mine of Butchart Gardens.













Thank you to each of these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story. Click on any of these links for some great blogs and photos.  This post is for these wonderful bloggers:
Sky Watch Friday  Thank you to the Sky Watch Team
Floral Friday Fotos Thank you to Nick V
The Weekend in Black White  Thank you to Dragonstar
Weekend Reflections Thank you to James
Saturday's Critters  Thank you to Eileen
Pink Saturday Thank you to Beverly


HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS.




20 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wow - what glorious photos - and what a change from a cement factory to what it is today - it is my dream to go to Butchart Gardens one day.

Lady Fi said...

Gorgeous shots!

bookworm said...

In 1988, I visited the Vancouver area (I live in New York State) and we thought of taking a day trip to Butchart Gardens. We never had the time, we've never been back, and I've always regretted it. Beautiful. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

Linda W. said...

Love the snowy winter scenes!

Roy Norris said...

Lovely snow images Nora.

Fun60 said...

I wouldn't think of visiting gardens in the snow but am glad you did and shared these beautiful photos.

jeannettestgermain said...

Beautiful snow, and reflections! The gardens - what a great tribute to her husband! I see you have your memes to participate all lined up. You have came before. The link is open from Sunday through Wednesday and we are celebrating our first year anniversary this Sunday (It's in this post, which I publish on Sat. afternoon, but the link opens on Sunday) Hope to see you there!
https://artworksfromjeshstg.wordpress.com/2017/02/17/all-seasons-one-year-anniversary

Jenn Jilks said...

It's a wonderful place to visit!

Sue (this n that) said...

I love how you provided videos with your post too Nora. Beautiful that you could walk through the Spring Prelude and see all the flowers.
It was also lovely to see the gardens when it hadn't snowed (that was most gorgeous of course - I remember your video from a few posts back), what I mean is that the scenery changes so much.
Cheerio and thank you for sharing it all with us :D)

Jim said...

Beautiful shots.
Sydney – City and Suburbs

Sharon Wagner said...

That garden is a fairy land.

Light and Voices said...

I enjoyed they cyber visit to Butchart Gardens. Brrr.....! Have a great week-end.

Lea said...

What a wonderful place to visit!
I am glad the horse has a blanket to help him stay warm
Hope you are having a great week-end!

Dragonstar said...

Your black and white view of the garden is really lovely - so tidy and well cared for. A snowy scene always looks good in black and white.

Robert Nicolaescu said...

Beautiful post.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty gardens. I enjoyed the tour and the video. The horse in the snow is pretty. Beautiful photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Sunday, enjoy your week ahead!

James said...

I love the wintry shots and the reflections of course. :-)

carol l mckenna said...

All wonderful photos ~ favorite is the horse with its 'coat' in the snow ~ thanks,

Wishing you a Happy Day ~ ^_^

Kalantikan said...

That is a lovely tour of the gardens. I saw our tropical plants as well like those Phalaenopsis orchids. Oh this reminds me our Orchid show near our office starts this Thursday. Thanks.

Pat Tillett said...

I've been there before, but didn't know the history of the place. I was there in the early summer and it was amazing! I think I was still sneezing a month later. Great post!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS