Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text

Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Eagles, Elk and Egret



 I am seeing a lot of Eagles lately.  These two were out in the farm fields eating something, not sure what.

I was happy to get the above shot when all the other birders were still looking at the field for the Pink-footed geese.
The eagle below was out at Goldstream dreaming of fish probably. For Wild Bird Wednesday and Stewart.



I am including a lot of  "E's" for ABC Wednesday and for the Team.  This is a European Collard Dove hiding in the branches.


Below is a Cattle Egret that was in the farm fields quite a while ago.


Emerald Moth above and below a European Skipper from last fall and summer.

Long-eared Owl below from last year.


Elk below at Cowichan Lake.


For Good Fences Thursday two horses out in Metchosin.


For Sky Watch Friday, Esquimalt Lagoon.


Also some pigeons at Clover Point.

Butchart Gardens in the Fall for Floral Friday Fotos.


Below is a cell phone video I took of Butchart Gardens yesterday in the snow.





Thank you to these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story.  Click on these links to find great blogs and photos. This post is for these wonderful bloggers:

Wild Bird Wednesday Thank you to Stewart

ABC Wednesday   Thank you to Mrs. Nesbitt and the Team

Good Fences Thursday Thank you to Gosia

Sky Watch Friday  Thank you to the Sky Watch Team

Floral Friday Fotos Thank you to Nick V


HAVE A GREAT WEEK BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS!!

20 comments:

Nora said...

I know this is a really bad video. It was snowing quite hard and I was using a cell phone in one hand and umbrella in the other hand along with a purse and another camera to keep dry somehow. Funny thing is on Twitter I got this really cranky angry comment about how bad my video was because I go side to side (I could mention that I was walking also!). I think it is really funny that someone thought they had to give me this angry advice on my crappy little cell phone vid. Ha ha.

Joyful said...

Lots of lovely images. Even Buthchart Gardens looks lovely in the snow. Don't worry about the angry comments on Twitter. There are lots of trolls out there who can't bear to be positive.

Nora said...

Thanks so much Joyful. I hope you will return to blogging soon. Let me know when you do I will be the first one there! Twitter is a weird place, people think they can be abusive on there.

Linda W. said...

Cool photos of the eagles!

Nora said...

Thanks Linda, I always enjoy seeing the eagles around here.

Sue (this n that) said...

Oh your photos are delightful Linda! Cool Eagles! The Owl is gorgeous. I loved seeing that beautiful snow scene - it looks an enchanting spot.
I then saw that you'd received an angry comment - goodness me, what a small-minded, miserable, waste of space that person is!
Thank you for sharing your lovely post with us, it's always fun to see what you've been up to. Cheers now :D)

Les Fous du Cap said...

Les aigles sont magnifiques ;-)
Céline & Philippe

Pamela Gordon said...

Wow. So many beautiful bird sightings! Beautiful captures Nora. A friend posted photos of Butchart Gardens in the snow and they were beautiful to see. Take care. Pam

Leslie: said...

Great shots!

Leslie
abcw team

Spare Parts and Pics said...

I like the snow video. Looks magical!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Great pictures. I always enjoy seeing Eagles.

Roger Owen Green said...

Why do we find eagles SO handsome? Magnificent birds.

ROG, ABCW

Pat B said...

I love your photos. I like your other E birds too. I considered doing something like that too, but ended up just focusing on eagles in our area.

Betsy Adams said...

Hi Nora, I always enjoy seeing your gorgeous photos.. I hope I can visit Butchart Gardens sometime. OF course, I want to see ALL of your gorgeous area.. WOW!!! Love seeing the Eagles... And---I have NEVER seen a long-eared owl... WOW!!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

Ida said...

Lots of great photos. Enjoyed the Eagles, the pretty green moth, the horses and fence, the lovely fall scene.

Lady Fi said...

A wonderful series of shots!

Kalantikan said...

Oh it is still very cold there! Here we already use the aircon to feel a bit colder.

Light and Voices said...

It is wonderful to be seeing these birds and practice has made it perfect to capture and post. Look forward to your posts. Have a wonderful week-end.

Nora said...

Thanks so much for all the kind comments here. I have gone to each of your sites to thank you. I really appreciate how many bloggers come to my site and leave me a nice note!

Irene said...

Great captures! Beautiful critters too!

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS