Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Sunday, February 05, 2017

Ice Flowers and Birds




Macro Monday 2:  We have had some snow again and some ice. These are the icicles I found up on Observatory Hill.





My Christmas Cactus has decided to bloom now.  Below is a lovely House Finch.  I think he has a bit of orange on him and the other males are bright red.  So he may be the yellow-morph that I took pictures of last year.


For Michelle at Nature Notes:  We still have two Pink-footed Geese here and many birders from all over the U.S. and B.C. are arriving to see them.  They fly to different fields so they are not always easy to spot among the many Canada Geese in all the farm fields. That is one of them in the middle and one to the right in below photo. I am not sure the birders can count them on their lists. They could be escapees some say.  They are normally found in Iceland, Greenland and northern Europe.


My hummingbird feeders have new visitors now in the colder weather!


For Our World:  The lake was a bit frozen and then we had a dusting of snow here.


The wind made it very cold to take these photos.


This is me with my umbrella!


Thank you to these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story.  Click on these links to find great blogs and photos. This post is for these wonderful bloggers:


MacroMonday 2 Thank you to Gemma Magical Mystical Teacher
Nature Notes Tuesday Thank you to Ramblingwoods
Our World Tuesday  Thank you to the Our World Team

HAVE A GREAT WEEK BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS!!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Nora. These are beautiful photos and so wonderful to see the pink-footed geese. The house finch is a beauty. You certainly have had a snowy winter there this year. So unusual. Take care and I wish you a beautiful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Pamela. Yes so much snow.

      Delete
  2. does look very cold. Christmas is not too far past for your cactus to bloom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Felicia, thanks so much.

      Delete
  3. All the pictures are wonderful, but my very favourite is you with the bright umbrella.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think I have taken that picture before Ruth! After so many years blogging I start to repeat myself!

      Delete
  4. Hi Nora...I think I should be living where I could have geese, ducks and goats and chickens...I love them all. ..Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Michelle you would be happy on a big farm! Hope the eye surgery goes well, sure it will.

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for all the kind comments here. I have gone to each of your sites to thank you. I really appreciate how many bloggers come to my site and leave me a nice note!

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Please do not link in a comment, I have to then delete as there is too much spam going on.
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE THE WORLD OF BLOGGING HAS CHANGED AND THERE ARE TOO MANY SPAMMERS OUT THERE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS