Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Welcome to my blog world. This is a photo blog about my life on Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Late Jay Posting



Today I have some Jays and some other birds from our yard and other places where I live.  I am late at putting in the blog.




Steller's Jay for ABC at the letter "J"


Flicker
Towhee

Pine Siskin

Bewick's Wren on a Fence for Good Fences

Anna's Hummingbird
Quail and mixture of birds

The weather is finally good here now. I seem to be busy taking photos.  I am late in commenting as I was having doctor appointments.  Please join me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram as I seem to be very distracted by all the social media over there and end up over there.  Links are on the sidebar or in the About Nora section.

Hawk in the rain.


Thank you to these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story.  Click on these links to find great blogs and photos. This post is for these wonderful bloggers:


Nature Notes Tuesday Thank you to Ramblingwoods
Our World Tuesday  Thank you to the Our World Team
Wild Bird Wednesday Thank you to Stewart
ABC Wednesday   Thank you to Mrs. Nesbitt and the Team
GoodFences Thursday Thank you to Gosia

Please check out the video. Please Please. No one ever looks at the videos and it takes a lot of work to upload them. Why do bloggers not look at video??  Mine are very short, a few seconds.





HAVE A GREAT WEEK BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS!!

25 comments:

  1. Beautiful captures of these birds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely gorgeous post and beautiful photography ~ thanks,

    Wishing you a Happy Week ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice photos! So many colorful birds where you live.
    I did watch the video, that was also good. That sure was a very skittish bird. Always looking out for predators.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Pat! I think I was quite close to the Jay and he knew I was there! My hit count is so low over at YouTube that it is not worth the time to upload video anymore. My music videos are the only ones that get any hits.

      Delete
  4. Great post and I loved the video! I often make Smilebox slideshows and I don't know how many even bother. Like you, I know how much work is involved, but I do enjoy doing them and hope others enjoy them. That little blue jay is SO cute! I don't see them around here.

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always watch your Smilebox slide shows Les and really enjoy them. I think I will stop doing the videos though as not many people click on them. I may put them up on another hosting site.

      Delete
  5. Lovely pictures. I tend to spend more time on FaceBook than on blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think that we all started with blogging and now we have all gone on to other social media, I still like blogging as you can tell a more complete story here rather than on Facebook or Twitter or other sites. I still think there should be a collective group of us though.

      Delete
  6. Great photos, especially the Towhee.
    I have been trying to get a Towhee photo, but every one turns out blurry. Your photo is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful bird shots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first jay photo is fantastic. Such great colour and detail. I also love the hummingbird. How you can catch it in flight is a wonder to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had not realised just quite how blue a jay is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow gorgeous birds.... I always enjoy birds so much

    Have a nice ABC-day / -week
    ♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-w-team)
    http://melodymusic.nl/20-j/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful captures Nora. Do you have Canada's national bird, the Gray Jay, there? I've never seen one but they are plentiful here in NB.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, People just don't take time to even read blogs much ---muchless watch videos... What is frustrating to me when it comes to blogging (and taking LOTS of time to do it) is the number of people who NEVER even bother to comment at all... On my blog post on 3/6---I had 42 comments but 251 VIEWS...... I love blogging and have been doing it since 2006---but the thing I like BEST about Facebook is that you can control who sees your posts... I can 'block' people I don't want to see them --and only allow 'friends' (which I have chosen) to see my posts... Blogs are SO public --and in some ways, that is fine.. BUT--thinking that 251 people looked at my blog --but couldn't bother to comment... Oh Well---It is what it is!!!!!

    I love your blog ---and always watch videos (unless it's something I am not interested in). You know that I love my birds.... SO--seeing yours is special to me... We have Flickers but ours are the Yellow Shafted ones... Our Wrens are similar --but are called Carolina Wrens.... Love your Jay(s) and the video... CUTE... Ours are Blue Jays and I love to feed them whole peanuts....

    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to see the birds are coming back.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nous aimons beaucoup le joli bleu du Jay ;-)
    Céline & Philippe

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful bird photos. I love the feathery head plume of blue jays which gives them so much character, the head bobbing in the video showed it off to perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have a wonderful back yard -- I'm glad your better weather is back and thank you for sharing it and your beautiful birds. I miss seeing stellar jays. And all of the birds -- none of the ones you show are common here in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  17. such pretty birds. Its good to hear them start to sing again too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What fantastic visitors! They are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have some colorful visitors Nora...I hope your doctor's appointments went well... I am heading back to the eye doctor to see if my eyes are better than a week ago. I had no idea that this would be over 6 weeks now and still blurry....Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love all your birds.
    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  21. A lovely selection of birds Nora.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That Jay is a great colour - I remember watching some in a country to the south of you!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS