Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text

Sunday, April 02, 2017

Good Collage Maker




I have been trying out collage makers.  Before I had used CollageIt and liked it a lot but am trying out some new ones.

The one above here with Butterflies and a Moth is made by PicCollage.  I don't like the large watermark they put on it.  Easy to use and very nice otherwise. The butterflies and Moth are a Mourning Cloak and a Cinnabar Moth and two of the Mylitta Crescents, one is very tattered but oh well, I like it. They are from last summer as we are just starting our butterfly season here now.
This collage above is made with Fotor and I loved working on the Fotor so it wins my prize of the best for me to use.  It is easy and I did not have to fuss with anything or learn anything. In the photos you will see a Marbled Godwit, 2 Marbled Murrelets, three Red-breasted Mergansers and a Common Merganser.  By now you will see that I am using mostly the letter "M" as we are at that letter for the ABC link-up.
The collage above was made with CollageIt.  I was just finding it difficult to get the photos centered correctly without cutting off their heads and such.  It also has a watermark on it but all of these collage makers are free so this is what they do, except I don't see one on the Fotor. Those are all Mergansers above.

 Here we have a Mourning Dove and below a Mountain Blue Bird (female, the males are more colorful).
 And back once again for a repeat performance is the Northern Mockingbird from Duncan on the island here.  He is on a fence for the link-up Good Fences.



I think I will be using Fotor but if any of you know of any other good collage makers please leave a note for me in the comments.

Thank you to these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story.  Click on these links to find great blogs and photos. This post is for these wonderful bloggers:


Nature Notes Tuesday Thank you to Ramblingwoods
Our World Tuesday  Thank you to the Our World Team
Wild Bird Wednesday Thank you to Stewart
ABC Wednesday   Thank you to Mrs. Nesbitt and the Team
GoodFences Thursday Thank you to Gosia



HAVE A GREAT WEEK BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS!!

28 comments:

Margaret Adamson said...

Hi Nora you certainly ae hainvg fun with all these collages and although I rather may a vollage myself, if I do I use Picasa. Love all the butterflies adn many birds in this post.

Sciarada said...

Wooonderful!
Ciao Nora a hug from Italy!

Stewart M said...

Those photographs do look good as groups - its not something I ever think of doing.

Hope all is well.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Gayle - venturesinphotos said...

Isn't Fotor fun? I was going to suggest it but see you already discovered it. Sometimes I take a Fotor project and then tweak it in piZap another free online program. I created some for tomorrow's Pictorial Tuesday.

Joyful said...

It's always fun to try out new programs. Thanks for letting us know your experience with them. Lovely photos!

Lori Skoog said...

Thank you for this post about collages. I am going to try Fotor. All of your photos are gorgeous!

Fun60 said...

Interesting info about making a collage. I have never tried but I do admire your collections.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Lovely pictures and collages. I use an app called Picture Collage Maker3.I think there is a free version as well.

mick said...

Great photos - I especially like all the birds. Interesting to see how the different photo collage programs work. I haven't tried any collage programs yet. I guess that is something I still need to experiment with. Have a good week!

Lady Fi said...

Gorgeous collages!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I like your collection of collages and the info on programs. I agree I wouldn't be happy with the watermarks, but all your photos are wonderful.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Nora, I love all the collages. The moths and butterflies and all the birds are wonderful. I would love to see the murrelets. I have used picmonkey and pizap to make collages. I will give Fotor a try too. Beautiful photos. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

Ida said...

Nice Collages - Try Pic Monkey - It's free (well they do have a paid portion) and the collage is easy to use.

Betsy Adams said...

Hi Nora, I haven't used collages in awhile --but may check out Fotor.. I always enjoy reading about different programs which bloggers enjoy using.... Thanks!!!

Your pictures are marvelous.. I especially love seeing all of the birds.

Hugs,
Betsy

Kalantikan said...

Hi Nora, thanks for dropping by my site. I love chasing butterflies too, and literally spent hours for them. In making collage i am familiar only with Picasa, as there was a time when i always join the meme on collage.

Melody Steenkamp said...

There are lots of collagemakers... did you try : http://collage.nl .. that one is, to me at least, the best one... and free also.

Lovely photo's again... animals are great subjects to have in front of the camera

Have a nice ABC-day / -week
♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-w-team)
http://melodymusic.nl/20-m/

Les Fous du Cap said...

Les harles sont magnifiques ;-)
Céline & Philippe

baili said...

beautifully captured .
so pretty !!!
loved your blog so much

Roger Owen Green said...

a very cheerful post, Nora

ROG, ABCW

Sue (this n that) said...

Hello Nora, thanks for all your information about collage makers - I really appreciate it.
What a stunning gathering of lovely birds you've found. I really love those Mergansers with their pretty head feathers!
Cheers now :D)

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I love all your birds and butterflies -- I think the Mergansers are my favorite, maybe...

Thanks for the information on the collage makers -- I am still using Picassa, which Google says is going away, but it still works for me. I suppose someday it will disappear and then I will have to learn somethiong new. I am the lazy type who never learns until I have to.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oh my gosh I just saw the bear video under this -- it's wonderful but scary! Wow, where was this?

Pamela Gordon said...

Wonderful bird photos Nora! I found picCollage recently and use it on my phone but, like you, I don't care for the large watermark. It can be removed for a price so I just leave it.

bettyl-NZ said...

Your images are fantastic. I never tried any of the programs you mentioned, I just use the 'page' feature on photoscape. It's easy and also free.

robin andrea said...

Very nice collages! I've never thought of doing that, but I may have to give that a try.

Terri @ Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Nice collages- I use Ipiccy because it doesn't put a watermark on the finished product, but I always like to find new programs (especially if free!) Have a great weekend!

Rambling Woods said...

Hello Nora....I use Picasa for collages and haven't really tried anything else....You made some really good ones...Michelle

Karen said...

Collages are fun to make. Lovely shots!

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS