Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text

Monday, April 17, 2017

Owls, Otters and Birds

 Today some photos of Owls, Otters and Orange-crowned warblers and lots of  really great......

videos at the bottom of the posting! It takes a lot of work and time to do the video and they are really extremely short so try to please have a peek at them or click on them so I get a few viewing numbers at YouTube.


These are of a baby Great Horned Owl.  We are at the Letter "O" at the ABC Link Up!


 Barred Owl

Baby Otters


We call them River Otters.




 Orange-crowned warbler.




Looking forward to seeing all your postings in the Link-Ups.
I have four videos below or check out my YouTube Page here.

The barred owl is right close to me, and you have to see it fly off.



This is really cute, you  have to click on it to see the babies.



This is good video of an osprey eating a fish.



My favorite of all time is the Planterbox baby owlets.
They are so cute as they do their grooming.




Please click on the VIDEO!!!!  YAY!!
Thank you to these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story.  Click on these links to find great blogs and photos. This post is for these wonderful bloggers:
The Bird D'Pot  Sunday Thank you Hootin' Anni
Nature Notes Tuesday Thank you to Ramblingwoods
Our World Tuesday  Thank you to the Our World Team
Wild Bird Wednesday Thank you to Stewart
ABC Wednesday   Thank you to Mrs. Nesbitt and the Team
We have made it to the letter "O" this week.




HAVE A GREAT WEEK BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS!!

31 comments:

bettyl-NZ said...

These are some great shots of lovely critters! The owls are so adorable as are the otters! I enjoyed all your videos and photos. :)

robin andrea said...

Great photos and wonderful videos. Truly a beautiful slice of life there in your neck of the woods.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Great pictures and videos.Those Owlets are so fluffy and cute.

Jim said...

Terrific collection.

Liz said...

What a fabulous collection of animals and birds!

Lady Fi said...

Gorgeous shots!

s.c said...

I have nothing to add at the commenters before me. Very great shots indeed.

Gordon said...

I love the Owl photos , and those Otters are just so cut, great post.
All the best Gordon.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love the owl photos and video. The owlets are adorable. Cool sighting of the river otters, they are cute critters.

Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

June Caedmon said...

How wonderful that you have owls, Nora! And the otters are so fun! Lovely captures, all! Have a wonder-filled week.

Betsy Adams said...

Love love love the pictures and especially the video... Enjoy hearing your voice.... NEAT...

The owlets are just adorable. Love watching them groom themselves and love their 'cheep'....


Thanks so much for sharing... I don't know why people won't take time to watch videos (especially short ones)... People are always in a hurry!!!! Crazy.

Hugs,
Betsy

Jane @ www.raincitylibrarian.ca said...

Despite having lived in BC for 30 years, I never really experienced Vancouver Island that much until my parents retired there a few years ago - I had no idea just how incredibly beautiful my home province can be!

Roger Owen Green said...

I especially love the owl!

ROG, ABCW

zongrik said...

cute

Findlay Wilde said...

Absolutely brilliant pictures.

photowannabe said...

Oh how I do love Owls.
There were always Owls hooting in the trees of our former home.
I do miss that sound.

Pamela Gordon said...

You have captured some really sweet images of these animals and birds in the wild Nora. So exciting to see! Have a good week. Pam

Cynthia said...

Love the Owls! Wow, you really do have a huge, diverse population of birds and other wildlife. . .Thank you for sharing!

♥Anni @ I'd Rather B Birdin'♥ said...

Nora....this is one extraordinary post. The owls, the otters...everything is so precious. And your photos...they're priceless!

Thanks so much for sharing this and linking in with us birders this week at I'd Rather B Birdin'.

A Colorful World said...

Such beautiful photos...and I adored the videos! great job capturing all these wonderful creatures!

Michelle said...

I love seeing the owls. They have such expressive faces.

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful nature photography and video ~ my favorite are the owls and otters ~ thanks,

Wishing you a peaceful week ~ ^-^

Melody Steenkamp said...

Wonderful wonderful post, a great pleasure to me with all those gorgeous photo's, what a joy to look at!

Have a nice ABC-day / -week
♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-w-team)
http://melodymusic.nl/20-o

Lea said...

Wonderful owls! And the Warbler is so pretty! Hope you are having a good week!

Nora said...

Thanks so much for these wonderful comments.

Trubes said...

Hi Nora,
your photography is wonderful, you surely must have
lots of patience to get such good shots,
I love the pretty baby owls and their sweet little
tweets.
You are so lucky to live in such a beautiful place,
Thanks for sharing it with us.
best wishes,
Di.
ABCW team.

Gordon said...

Thank you for chooseing to follow my blog much appreciated.
Do take care, Gordon.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

This is an amazing collection Nora.... I looked at your videos too, they are great. The owl babies are my favorites. I would love to see those ....but the otters are great, well they all are, Thanks for sharing your talent and your beautiful natural surroundings.

Rambling Woods said...

I will head over to your U-Tube page and subscribe too Nora....You get to see some of the neatest wildlife..Michelle

Jenn Jilks said...

Great videos, as well as photo! Your season is so much earlier than ours!

Pat Tillett said...

Really nice photos! The owls sure were checking you out!
All three videos were great! Loved the preening owls a lot...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS