Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Late Posting Today Sick Blogger



Due to my illness my posting is late and it is a post created earlier and saved for such an event.  It will be a little less in the text department and more on the pictures!



All the birds today are starting with the letter "T" for the ABC link-up.  I will try to label some of them.  These are Tanagers, Western.
*****************************


Above is Towhee, Spotted and then a Townsend Warbler, Trumpeter Swan and Varied Thrush.
On a computer note as so many are having computer issues, I have switched from Chrome to Widows 10 Edge Browser as it is the most secure.  It is annoying to switch from the familiar Browser to a new one.  I imported my bookmarks but have not been able to get it to look exactly like it should, all the imported bookmarks are in the import folder so many more clickings each time!  Will try to sort it all out when I am better. I think we all have to be thinking that we have to have the most secure computers that we can right now in the world.  Everyday there is another new thing. 
Turnstone above, Black I guess, but not showing me black.

If you are getting pop-ups on your computer remember just close down that page right away.  Windows Edge will not allow pop-ups. I advise everyone to go to Windows Edge Browser.
Turkey Vultures above, I think there are Turkey Vultures on the Internet also.  Finally I find a fence for Good Fences.
Be prepared for the New Creators Update from Microsoft it is a huge update, don't turn off your computer during this long update.  It will have many blue and black pages with the spinny dots.
I am still quite sick so that is all for this week.

Cinnamon Teal.
Questions of the Day:  Please let me know if you get any pop-ups coming up on my page when you click on it, there should be none.
I am doing any research I can on our blogspots or blogger page errors right now as there seems to be a lot of pages with page errors and problems.  I can see my page fine but when I go to my friends pages some are blocked. Are any of my blogger friends having any trouble even when they are editing and posting from their blogger dashboards, some people are getting the notice that blogger is loading pop-ups and unauthorized scripts on other browsers, not Edge.  Sigh, I guess I have to learn something new everyday.
Trumpeter Swans.
There may be many spelling errors as I am too tired to finish this.  Here are the Videos.

Video Section: Spotted Towhee in the yard, Bushtits build a clever nest and Black Turnstones video when I thought I was filming a Rock Sandpiper which I got later or can you see him in there.













I may not reply to comments until I am better, sorry.I am on Facebook so you can find me there, link in contact on the top. You can see my Island Rambles Fan Page and also my own Facebook. I have started on Instagram also so you can find my photos there also.

Thank you to these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story.  Click on these links to find great blogs and photos. This post is for these wonderful bloggers:
The Bird D'Pot  Sunday Thank you Hootin' Anni
MacroMonday 2 Thank you to Gemma Magical Mystical Teacher  Can my birds be macros?
Nature Notes Tuesday Thank you to Ramblingwoods
Our World Tuesday  Thank you to the Our World Team
Wild Bird Wednesday Thank you to Stewart
ABC Wednesday   Thank you to Mrs. Nesbitt and the Team
GoodFences Thursday Thank you to Gosia



HAVE A GREAT WEEK BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS!!

25 comments:

  1. Nora, so sorry to hear you are feeling poorly. Please rest and take time to recover and feel better. Lovely photos of so many beautiful birds. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those oranges and yellows are deep

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nora, you know what they say, "A picture is worth a thousand words" and my have you prooved them right, also enjoyed the videos !!
    Take care, Gordon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, wonderful array of "T" birds! I'm especially jealous of the Towhee. I've tried years now to find one and get a photo of it. I saw ONE since I've been birding and didn't have a camera at the time. Figures.

    I've heard good things about Windows Edge.

    Hope you're feeling much better soon. [by the way, the Western Tanager photos are so brilliant in color...wow]

    Sorry, I'm so late getting here to visit with you. It's been a busy few days. Thanks so much for participating and sharing this with us birders at I'd Rather B Birdin' this week...so appreciated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos!
    Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are amazing! I really hope you start to feel better soon. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Feel better soon, Nora! Thanks for sharing your wonderful nature photos even when you're so under the weather...the beauty is appreciated...especially since I am really missing the beautiful PNW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful bird and lovely montage of photos ~ thanks,


    Happy Week ahead to you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Feel better. Your birds are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear you're feeling rough. You haven't mentioned your illness for a while so I was hoping things were a lot better. Obviously that isn't the case. Your photos and videos are excellent and I hope you are able to be out and about again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, what a beautiful variety of birds. I love the pretty Western Tanager. I've seen them but never got a photo. Great post, I hope you are feeling better. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi There, So sorry you are not feeling well. Hope tomorrow is a better day... Sending good thoughts to you today!!!!

    Love your birds... You do have some great birds in your area... Gorgeous...

    I am a 'mac' person --and am very secure. I use Safari and it doesn't do pop up windows either ---and I even have to prove the use of 'flash' when it comes to me on a post..... I use to like Firefox but found that it was not secure AT ALL...Never have used Chrome.

    Feel better soon.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful (as always) ... birds....a feast to my eyes ;-)
    Some names look unfamiliar, I have to look it up, so I learn something new

    Have a nice ABC-day / week
    Melody (team ABC-W)
    Preview Round 21 starting july 12th :

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you feel better soon. Beautiful bird images this post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. sorry you're feeling poorly, but impressed that you are prepared for such an occasion!
    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello!:) Feel better soon, and many thanks for sharing the T birds. my favourite is the Tohwee, but of course they are all wonderful!:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nora, this is a very comprehensive post especially as you are not feeling well and I do hope you feel better soon....I have to say that I played and replayed the sound of the waves...Love it...very relaxing..Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you are starting to feel better, Nora. Thinking of you with gratitude for sharing such beautiful views of your world. Take care there.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you get well soon Nora.
    Also, get an Apple Computer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so sorry you're not well. Take it easy, come back soon!@

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful birds.
    Gorgeous photos.
    Great videos!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope you feel better soon! Lovely birds. Blogger recently changed to a secure system where the http becomes https and that conflicts with some linkups and perhaps other scripts. I have had problems too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The tanagers are gorgeous. I had the windows 10 update last night and had no problems with your page so saw all the lovely birds. Nice videos. Haven't had time to read the Edge updates but no doubt I'll get to it as some point. The advice I have had is to always have two different web browsers in case one goes wrong. Hoping you feel better soon. Kudos for putting the post up.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hope you are in better health than when this post posted.

    Great set of pictures and videos.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great pics of the birds. Some I haven't seen but your images are perfect. Take care, get some rest.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Please do not link in a comment, I have to then delete as there is too much spam going on.
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE THE WORLD OF BLOGGING HAS CHANGED AND THERE ARE TOO MANY SPAMMERS OUT THERE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS